Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Bengals owner: Dalton is the QB of the future

Per Rotoworld.com:

Bengals owner/GM Mike Brown considers Andy Dalton his quarterback of the future.

"How soon the future is with him is something I don't know as I talk to you now," added Brown. The Bengals' official stance is that Carson Palmer is still the best option for the franchise. It's still not clear whether a veteran free agent would be signed as competition for Dalton if Palmer follows through on his threat to retire. May 24, 8:21 PM

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Well...isn't that kind of obvious? You don't draft a quarterback 35th overall to be a career backup.

• Upvote 1

lol ^

Wow I feel bad for Palmer. He either retires or gets to play backup to a rookie.

Well...isn't that kind of obvious? You don't draft a quarterback 35th overall to be a career backup.

Unless his name's Kevin Kolb...taken 36th overall...

• Upvote 1

Yes well you of all people should know that the Eagles organization is a little fucked up. :p

That's a different situation, anyway. Not one person could have predicted Vick would play the way he did last season. Plus I still think Kolb can be a quality starting QB.

That's a different situation, anyway. Not one person could have predicted Vick would play the way he did last season. Plus I still think Kolb can be a quality starting QB.

Right. We mainly took Kolb because there was a lot of uncertainty with McNabb. Would he sign an extension? Would be deteriorate into an injury-prone quarterback? The situation in Cincinnati is simple; Carson Palmer sucks, so the Bengals need a quarterback. With the 35th pick, they got one.

Beat me to it. Damn you! :p

What the Bengals are doing makes no sense... At all.

Actually it does: they want to keep choking for the next 20 years, so this is how they're going about it.

Edited by BigBen07