BLUE

Woodley: Ravens won’t make Super Bowl in “this lifetime�

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 10, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT

If the football season starts on time, the Week One tilt between the Ravens and Steelers looks like the best game on the board following the season opening matchup between the Packers and Saints.

And just in case the game wasn’t going to get hyped enough, Steelers linebacker Lamarr Woodley is here to help.

Asked on NFL Network if Joe Flacco would ever lead the Ravens to a championship, Woodley responded just how we would expect him.

“No, not at all because they have to go through one team — that’s the Pittsburgh Steelers in that AFC championship. So in order for them to get to the Super Bowl, they have to beat us, and we’re not gonna let that happen once we get that close. So that’s not gonna happen in this lifetime,†Woodley said as transcribed by Sean Leahy of USA Today.

For a while last year, it looked like the Ravens would get past the Steelers. But a 21-7 halftime lead in Pittsburgh imploded with three third quarter turnovers.

It’s the greatest rivalry in the NFL. It’s also one more reason we all hope the lockout is resolved before any games are missed.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Be careful what you say. Ray Ray will end your life to win that Super Bowl. He's done it before...

• Upvote 2

I've never counted the Ravens out of any game vs. the Steelers, and I won't do that now. Doing that would almost be like counting New England out for a single season.

Edited by BigBen07

Well, considering they won the Super Bowl in 2000, I guess he must mean the "lifetime" of any children born after 2001? Because they've already won a Super Bowl during MY lifetime. And Woodley's "lifetime."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, considering they won the Super Bowl in 2000, I guess he must mean the "lifetime" of any children born after 2001? Because they've already won a Super Bowl during MY lifetime. And Woodley's "lifetime."

Woodley was asked if Flacco would lead them to the Super Bowl and said he wouldn't in this lifetime because they'd have to go through the Steelers first. Try reading something other than the thread title next time.

• Upvote 2

Woodley was asked if Flacco would lead them to the Super Bowl and said he wouldn't in this lifetime because they'd have to go through the Steelers first. Try reading something other than the thread title next time.

Settle yourself, Vagine. It's still a fucking moronic comment. More Steeler players talking out of their asses. Remember when the Steelers were the class of the NFL? And they didn't have Qbs raping chicks, RBs hating America, and LBs who didn't have the IQ of a mud slug?

Oh, and I think there's a team in the Boston area that the Steelers have NEVER gone through to win a Super Bowl in their "lifetimes" either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 20, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT

Since we don’t have football practices to talk about this summer, we have to make do with football players talking back and forth through the press.

We would like to thank Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley for supplying plenty of material, like when he said the Ravens won’t make the Super Bowl in “his lifetime.†Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco had an inevitable response over the weekend.

“[Woodley] obviously doesn’t know what he’s talking about. At some level I don’t care [what Woodley says] because what does that really mean? But there is another level where it does kind of piss you off a little bit,†Flacco told Keith Mills and Pete Gilbert on WBAL, by way of BaltimoreRavens.com.

It’s not like the Ravens or Steelers need added motivation. With another meeting of the great rivalry scheduled for Week One, both teams know the season starts with a huge game. But Flacco will take what he can get.

“Believe me, when I hear that kind of stuff, it definitely sparks a little something in me.â€

Now Flacco just needs to correct Baltimore’s habit of losing close ones to Pittsburgh.

“We just need to come up a little bigger than we have while playing those guys a couple of times. I mean, come on. What does he think? That they’re going to do it every year?†Flacco said. “I think we are going to have a lot more years in Baltimore where we’re going to have a good chance [to win it all], but we realize we have a really good chance right now and we just want to go ahead and win it.â€

Source: ProFootballTalk

Some fucking loser with no life actually went back over a month to this topic to give me negative rep.

Fucking pathetic. Let me guess....the tool with a bloody vagina did this. Windy?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some fucking loser with no life actually went back over a month to this topic to give me negative rep.

Fucking pathetic. Let me guess....the tool with a bloody vagina did this. Windy?

No. It was Zack.

• Upvote 1

I got a positive rep in this thread, came to see who did it, (because that feature has always been available) and noticed your reply that I had missed. Figured it would be easier to send you the rep telling you to admit you were wrong and not to build up a straw man to argue rather than open the thread up all over again where we'd argue like men and have the thread shut down by some pussy "moderator" as usual.

MY BAD, DAWG.

Also, this will show you who has repped you recently and in what thread. Click on the link and you can then click on the post's little rep number and it will show you who left you what rep.

rep.jpg

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

21-7 should have lead to a victory. This could have been Baltimore's year, and they blew it. If we have lockout and all these added players who surround Flacco are a year older, their window might close entirely.

Also, I don't care what anybody says, Baltimore's defense will suffer greatly when Ray Lewis leaves. He's still Ray Lewis. I think their window closes when he retires.

21-7 should have lead to a victory. This could have been Baltimore's year, and they blew it. If we have lockout and all these added players who surround Flacco are a year older, their window might close entirely.

Also, I don't care what anybody says, Baltimore's defense will suffer greatly when Ray Lewis leaves. He's still Ray Lewis. I think their window closes when he retires.

I'm not the smartest guy to post here but what idiots have said there defense won't get worse when Ray retires?

I got a positive rep in this thread, came to see who did it, (because that feature has always been available) and noticed your reply that I had missed. Figured it would be easier to send you the rep telling you to admit you were wrong and not to build up a straw man to argue rather than open the thread up all over again where we'd argue like men and have the thread shut down by some pussy "moderator" as usual.

MY BAD, DAWG.

Also, this will show you who has repped you recently and in what thread. Click on the link and you can then click on the post's little rep number and it will show you who left you what rep.

rep.jpg

Wow, kid.....you really need to get over this thread. How many sleepless nights have you had over it. I imagine quite a lot. but you're right about one thing -- I was wrong about you having a sandy vagina. I'm not sure a medical term exists for what you have.

Seriously, "one man to another" as you would have it be....is this REALLY important enough to revive it 26-27 days later? So you missed my response to you. So what? Jesus Christ. Move on to other things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're so fucking dumb. Seriously. Just because I noticed something and negged you for it doesn't mean that I am OBSESSED WITH THE THREAD AND LIKE TOTALLY AT MY COMPUTER EVERY WAKING MOMENT WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY. JetsFan4Life gave me a positive rep after a month IN THIS THREAD, which lead me here. You gonna' flip shit on him for coming into an old thread and bestowing rep?

You're, what, 40-something and you get all bent out of shape over ONE NEGATIVE REP? LOL. You're akin to an incorrigible little child.

You're so fucking dumb. Seriously. Just because I noticed something and negged you for it doesn't mean that I am OBSESSED WITH THE THREAD AND LIKE TOTALLY AT MY COMPUTER EVERY WAKING MOMENT WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY. JetsFan4Life gave me a positive rep after a month IN THIS THREAD, which lead me here. You gonna' flip shit on him for coming into an old thread and bestowing rep?

You're, what, 40-something and you get all bent out of shape over ONE NEGATIVE REP? LOL. You're akin to an incorrigible little child.

uh-oh....Zacky gots the CAPS button on!! I'm in trouble now! And screaming at me about "flipping out" really drives home your point too, brah. But I'm a nice guy so I'll let you choose who you wanna be in this relationship -- pot or kettle?

Dude, I'm not anywhere near 40. Thanks for playing though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1