Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Pats ultimately unlikely to keep Light

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss thinks the Patriots will ultimately let free agent OT Matt Light walk.

Reiss believes the Patriots think Light still has a few good years left, but "won't be drawn into a bidding war even if (first-round pick Nate Solder) isn't ready to start from the outset." Light has spent his entire 10-year career in New England. Jun 19, 8:20 AM

Source: ESPN Boston

Didn't Light give up an insane amount of QB pressures last year? With Vollmer and Solder, the Pats don't need him.

Didn't Light give up an insane amount of QB pressures last year? With Vollmer and Solder, the Pats don't need him.

Yeah, Light was frustrating to watch at times last season. Like I said before, he's pretty overrated.

No surprise from the Pats. They always do this when a player starts to slide, or they trade.

Yeah, Light's probably gone. That puts us in a bit of a tough spot, I mean, Solder's just a rookie. I don't exactly want a rookie playing the most important spot on the O-Line.

I don't blame them. Light was always a little overrated and now the Pats have two young tackles that won't cost nearly as much money. They really should find a way to hold onto Mankins though.

Matt Light would do well in Atlanta...our zone blocking/power blocking scheme punts children into rivers sometimes...

And fucking Sam Baker blows dick, so Light can't be much worse.

GO GET EM ARTHUR

Starting O-line next year

LT - Matt Light

LG - Justin Blalock

C - Todd Mcclure

RG - Harvey Dahl

RT - Tyson Clabo

...get scurred.

I wouldn't mind seeing Light go to Detroit. They really need offensive line help, and Light would be a upgrade over what they have now.