Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Qwest Field No More

One of the most difficult road venues in the NFL hasn’t gotten any more challenging. It does have a new name, though.

The Seattle Seahawks announced that Qwest Field has a new name. It will now be known as CenturyLink Field after being associated with the other name for the last seven seasons. The move has been anticipated for some time, according to the Seattle Times, because CenturyLink purchased Qwest in April.

The naming rights deal runs through 2014 with a five-year renewal option paying the club $75 million, per the report. Yes, that means what was originally known as Seahawks Stadium could have a new name again in a few years.

Hey, it’s a sign of the times.

NFP

Qwest Field sounds so much better.

• Upvote 2

Qwest Field sounds so much better.

I agree. Qwest Field gives the allusional that another teams "Qwest" for the Super Bowl will end if they have to go through the Seattle Seahawks home turf!!!

Edited by CARDINALOFWISDOM
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yea they have gone from probably the best named field to one of the worst, I know it is all to do with money but come on man.

Guest Durant4MVP

CLink

Key

Safe

What the hell, Seattle?

Qwest Field sounds epic, CenturyLink Field sounds like some crappy reject bank lol...

Basically the company Qwest changed their name to Century Link so the Seahawks had no choice, they're under contract to have it represent the company, and Qwest is no longer the company. It really tears me apart. I loved the name Qwest Field and thought it implied pride and fear. So far they havn't re-painted the roof. I drove on the freeway bridge through Seattle that has the view of the stadium from above, and the dark blue painted roofs with the Qwest logo were still on there. I will still call it Qwest for as long as I can.

Edited by BC

Another unnecessary name change... Qwest sounds great to me. Leave it alone!

• Upvote 1

Guest Durant4MVP

Basically the company Qwest changed their name to Century Link so the Seahawks had no choice, they're under contract to have it represent the company, and Qwest is no longer the company. It really tears me apart. I loved the name Qwest Field and thought it implied pride and fear. So far they havn't re-painted the roof. I drove on the freeway bridge through Seattle that has the view of the stadium from above, and the dark blue painted roofs with the Qwest logo were still on there. I will still call it Qwest for as long as I can.

I bet most people continue to call it Qwest Field just because that's how it's always been known...kinda like OKC Arena. It was the Ford Center for so long that that's what everyone in Oklahoma continues to call it.

Same way the the Indians ballpark is now Progressive Field but it'll always be the Jake to me.

Just like the Skydome was renamed Rogers Centre( <---- Canadian spelling of center) I still call it the Dome.