Sign in to follow this  
JetsFan4Life

Rodgers "Not In Same Class as Brady, Manning, Brees"

Yes, I remember that game. He did make the clutch throw that iced the game, but he was only in position to do that because his supporting cast played so well that entire game. If his defense didn't force the Sanchez fumble for a TD, or if they didn't have that goal line stand, or if his defense didn't force punts after his 2 interceptions then they probably would have lost. His defense scored 7 points for him, and only allowed the Jets to score 17.

The Patriots on the other hand gave up 28 points, and the special teams had that egregious fake punt that allowed the Jets to get a TD right before the half and take all the momentum. Also, in the 1st half, 2nd drive of the game, Alge Crumpler dropped the easiest fucking TD I've ever seen in my life. We settle for 3.

If Big Ben was on the Pats, then the Patriots would have got destroyed because our defense wouldn't have bailed him out like his does. So I just think it's unfair that you give Big Ben so much credit for the win but put so much blame on Brady yet Brady played just as good if not better.

Edited by BradyFan81

Brady may have only thrown 4 interceptions last year, but he should've thrown more. I remember the Pats/Packers game when the Packers dropped at least three interceptions, maybe more. Not saying Brady's stats come entirely from luck but some stats do not tell the whole story.

Brady may have only thrown 4 interceptions last year, but he should've thrown more. I remember the Pats/Packers game when the Packers dropped at least three interceptions, maybe more. Not saying Brady's stats come entirely from luck but some stats do not tell the whole story.

Oh come on Stevo. Every QB has balls that should get picked off that aren't. Brady is just an awesome decision-maker and throws very accurate, high-percentage passes.

And BTW sean, Matt Cassel had a damn good season last year, so don't even start with that argument.

Oh come on Stevo. Every QB has balls that should get picked off that aren't. Brady is just an awesome decision-maker and throws very accurate, high-percentage passes.

And BTW sean, Matt Cassel had a damn good season last year, so don't even start with that argument.

HAHA. In Charlie Weiss' system... And Romeo calling some great defensive plays on the other side.

Do you, as a Pats fan, recognize those names at all?

And yes... I know Weiss was gone when Cassell came to New England. But the Pioli has a very defined vision os what he wants the Chiefs to be. There is a reason he went out.... Got Matt Cassell, Mike Vrabel.... Hired Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss.

Charlie Weiss schemed around a patchwork offensive line... Which helped Matt more than you know.

Edited by Shaq

I would just like to point out to all you football savants that no QB who has ever played in the NFL has NOT had a fucking "system" tailored to help them and suit their skills. It's it the stupidest fucking argument I've ever heard and I have no idea why people always use that as their "go-to" card when critiquing a player. Show me a quarterback who doesn't have a "system" and I'll show you a QB sitting on the couch collecting unemployment.

Yeah, Cassel has a system and the right coaches in place. So does Brady. So does Manning. So does Brees. So did Elway. So did Montana. So did Unitas. The formula is simple and time tested: coach(es) + system + QB = success.

• Upvote 1

I would just like to point out to all you football savants that no QB who has ever played in the NFL has NOT had a fucking "system" tailored to help them and suit their skills. It's it the stupidest fucking argument I've ever heard and I have no idea why people always use that as their "go-to" card when critiquing a player. Show me a quarterback who doesn't have a "system" and I'll show you a QB sitting on the couch collecting unemployment.

Yeah, Cassel has a system and the right coaches in place. So does Brady. So does Manning. So does Brees. So did Elway. So did Montana. So did Unitas. The formula is simple and time tested: coach(es) + system + QB = success.

The question isn't whether said QB plays in a system. It's whether or not they are dependent on said system.

I am surprised that you, of all people, are so confused by the concept. Scratch that... Not all that surprised.

• Upvote 1

The question isn't whether said QB plays in a system. It's whether or not they are dependent on said system.

I am surprised that you, of all people, are so confused by the concept. Scratch that... Not all that surprised.

Well find me a QB who has played at a high level on more then one team and you'll have a valid point. How do you determine how "dependent" someone is on a system unless they leave it and go to another? Is Peyton Manning dependent on his system? He's never played in any other. If he's traded to Philadelphia tomorrow and has to run Andy Reid's system, what then? What if Rodgers goes to Indy and play's in the "Manning system" that Tom Moore created? Is he the same QB?

Well find me a QB who has played at a high level on more then one team and you'll have a valid point. How do you determine how "dependent" someone is on a system unless they leave it and go to another? Is Peyton Manning dependent on his system? He's never played in any other. If he's traded to Philadelphia tomorrow and has to run Andy Reid's system, what then? What if Rodgers goes to Indy and play's in the "Manning system" that Tom Moore created? Is he the same QB?

That... is the great debate. :think:

Well Bill Belichick, the installer of the fucking system, obviously doesn't think that Brady is dependent on the system, otherwise he wouldn't have made him the highest paid player in NFL history. He would have just let Brady walk and gotten some scrub QB to come in and run it if it's all about the system and not the players who execute it.

Edited by BradyFan81

Let's be honest....it's both. The system fails without the player(s) and the player(s) fail without the right system. You can't have one without the other.

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest....it's both. The system fails without the player(s) and the player(s) fail without the right system. You can't have one without the other.

I agree man, well said. It's just annoying when people try to take away from Brady's accomplishments and undermine him by saying "anyone could succeed in the Patriots system" or "he wouldn't be as good if he was on another team." They have nothing to base that off of and I could throw around those same claims on any QB that has only played in 1 system, too.

Edited by BradyFan81

Bravo FSU. Bravo.

:beerchug2:

Bravo FSU. Bravo.

:beerchug2:

I have my moments.... :p

Rodgers is in whatever class he puts himself in, and right now, he's top tier. No question.