BoneKrusher

CBA Talk Updates

Resolution to vote is in hand, CEC/NFL execs will explain it to the group now, discuss and then vote will be taken.

Almost done. Woohoo!

31-0 vote.

Al Davis abstained. Shocking lol.

This is so awesome.

what you said Man. :beerchug2:

Jim Trotter trying to toy with everyone's emotions...

SI_JimTrotter

you can take it to the bank that the players are not going to ratify this proposal as currently presented. #nfl

NFLPA's De Smith says Players did not agree to terms passed by NFL owners today.

Classy move by the Owners.

Mike Freeman, insider on CBS is reporting that the owners ratified an agreement the players hadn't seen yet.

Mike Freeman, insider on CBS is reporting that the owners ratified an agreement the players hadn't seen yet.

I've heard reports saying this AND some saying the owners slipped in things they didn't agree to. How could the NFLPA* know this without seeing the deal? Every little bit of this is both sides trying to make the other look bad and play into their hands. The owners want the deal done now, and the players want to drag their feet and will cry foul. Screw everyone involved.

The owners want the deal done now, and the players want to drag their feet and will cry foul. Screw everyone involved.

i'd say the players wanna skip "the dog days of summer" training camps. :biggrin:

This whole thing is so annoying...

ya its turned into a "he said, she said" thingy.

This whole thing is so annoying...

That's being nice lol. Billionaires arguing over billions. Let's play some football.

Mort says the players are expected to vote again tommorrow.

That's being nice lol. Billionaires arguing over billions. Let's play some football.

Technically, no. The billionaires are all in unanimous agreement. Except Al Davis, but he doesn't really count.

Mort says the players are expected to vote again tommorrow.

Players decided not to vote tonight. So it will be the first time tomorrow.

I think if anyone expects the players to vote tomorrow, they'll be disappointed. The way things are sounding right now, this could carry out till the weekend, and possibly next week.

I think if anyone expects the players to vote tomorrow, they'll be disappointed. The way things are sounding right now, this could carry out till the weekend, and possibly next week.

The NFLPA executive committee and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith saw the details approved by the NFL owners late Thursday night, and told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen they expect to have a player vote Friday.

ESPN

Of course.. that is no slam dunk. But it is promising, to me.

I think if we can get to a vote, that the CBA will pass. I remain optimistic through all this negative spin the media is throwing out there.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Bills S George Wilson on ESPN: "This is nothing more than an attempt to get the fans to turn on the players." Doesn't expect a vote Friday.

NickBarnett NickBarnett

Nobody looks like the good guy in this... The real victims are our fans!!! Sorry guys :-(

DAMN! There is no good news on this anywhere. I'm pessimistic about anything getting settled tomorrow.

I don't see why they wouldn't vote. They vote and don't pass it, then go back to work. If they do pass it, we get football very very soon. I think De Smith and the lawyers involved are afraid to let the players vote.

I don't see why they wouldn't vote. They vote and don't pass it, then go back to work. If they do pass it, we get football very very soon. I think De Smith and the lawyers involved are afraid to let the players vote.

You might be right. Maybe the NFLPA lawyers are too concerned that the players are so anxious to get back to football that they'll approve something that isn't as good as they want in order to get back to work.

Whatever. Still seems like it's only a matter of days until we're rolling.