Sarge

Overrated/Underrated

Overrated: BJ Upton

Underrated: Ben Zobrist

Milwaukee Brewers

Milwaukee Brewers

Overrated: Zack Greinke. Still waiting for him to make Milwaukee look good for trading for him.

Underrated: Prince Fielder. May seem an odd pick, but I can't tell you how many people have told me Prince is just a fatass with a lot of power (like a Ryan Howard or Carlos Pena type), when in fact he's way more than that.

As long as we're doing teams and Trident is online, let's roll with Atlanta Braves.

Too easy...

Overrated: Dan Uggla (The huge contract is getting to his head. He's picking it up though)

Underrated: Brian McCann (Best catcher in baseball and no one ever gives him credit for it)

Anaheim Angels

Too easy...

Overrated: Dan Uggla (The huge contract is getting to his head. He's picking it up though)

Underrated: Brian McCann (Best catcher in baseball and no one ever gives him credit for it)

Anaheim Angels

Overrated: Albert :troll:

Underrated: Mark Trumbo

Setup man

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Underrated: Jason Grilli (Pirates)

Overrated: K-Rod

St. Louis Cardinals

Underrated: Carlos Beltran

Overrated: Matt Holliday

Boston Red Sox

Underrated: Carlos Beltran

Overrated: Matt Holliday

Boston Red Sox

Matt Holliday is the easy way out of that one >_>

Anyway..I feel like the Red Sox rotation as a whole has been pretty overrated for quite a few years. When you have "aces" like Lester and Lackey... Oh Lord.

But Youk is pretty overrated too... Says the guy who had him for half the fantasy season last year.

Underrated... Maybe a bit unorthodox because he is really popular and well known player, but... Big Papi.

Couple years ago, he started the year with that MASSIVE slump and everyone was calling it a career, and were hanging up the cleats for him. Here we are and he's still hitting the ball really well after a really really good 2011.

Let's go with the... Diamond Backs.

Overrated: not quite sure

Underrated: Justin Upton

next up: Miami Marlins

Overrated: Zack Greinke. Still waiting for him to make Milwaukee look good for trading for him.

Underrated: Prince Fielder. May seem an odd pick, but I can't tell you how many people have told me Prince is just a fatass with a lot of power (like a Ryan Howard or Carlos Pena type), when in fact he's way more than that.

As long as we're doing teams and Trident is online, let's roll with Atlanta Braves.

That's the second time I've seen Zack's name come up. I can't agree with it. He hasn't lost a game at home since he got to Milwaukee, he led the national league in strikeouts per 9 innings last season, he's kept a sub-4 era in the American league, which isn't lights out, but it's adequate with everything else he brings to the table... I don't know. I just think the guy is rated about right. No one is really mentioning him in the same breathe as Verlander or Strasburg or guys like that, but he's a legit ace IMO.

Overrated: not quite sure

Underrated: Justin Upton

next up: Miami Marlins

Overrated: Hanley

Underrated: Emilio Bonifacio

Teams (right now)

Overrated: Hanley

Underrated: Emilio Bonifacio

Teams (right now)

Overrated: Detroit Tigers

Underrated: Tampa Bay Rays

The division is awful so I don't really know if there's an overrated team... I guess the Brewers. A lot of people think they are still a legitimate playoff team but they clearly are not.

Underrated: Reds.

Next up: Managers

Next up: Managers

Overrated: Charlie Manuel

Underrated: Joe Girardi

Next up: Texas Rangers

Underrated: Ian Kinsler

Overrated: Colby Lewis

AL West

AL West

A little tricky since there's only four teams to choose from, so I'll say...

Overrated: Athletics. I don't think any team is vastly overrated by the media or fans, but the A's are not as good as their near-.500 record indicates.

Underrated: Rangers. Just for the fact that we sometimes forget just how fucking good they are.

Next category: lead-off hitters.

Next category: lead-off hitters.

Overrated: Danny Espinosa

Underrated: Austin Jackson/Michael Bourn

3rd basemen

Overrated: Athletics. I don't think any team is vastly overrated by the media or fans, but the A's are not as good as their near-.500 record indicates.

I'm pretty sure everyone realizes that the A's are pretty dog shit despite their record. Even most A's fans know that they they have no shot in hell at grabbing a wild card. Somewhat overachieving? Yes. Overrated? Absolutely not. Are they even in the top 20 in any power rankings? :laugh:

How 'bout the Angels with their $250 million dollar man Pujols?

Underrated: Rangers. Just for the fact that we sometimes forget just how fucking good they are.

Overwhelming favorites to win the ALCS? Underrated, for sure. :troll:

Overrated: Danny Espinosa

Underrated: Austin Jackson/Michael Bourn

3rd basemen

Overrated: Alex Rodriguez(unfortunately)

Underrated: David Freese

AL East starting pitchers

AL East starting pitchers

Overrated: Ivan Nova

Underatted: Brandon Morrow

Power hitters

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Overrated : Mark Teixeira

Underrated : Paul Konerko

NL East teams.

Edited by Bucman

Overrated: Ivan Nova

Underatted: Brandon Morrow

Power hitters

Ivan Nova is overrated? This is the first time I hear that thing lol..If you said Hiroki Kuroda,that would be ok,but Ivan Nova is far from an overrated pitcher..

Overrated : Mark Teixeira

Underrated : Paul Konerko

NL East teams.

Overrated: Philadelphia Phillies

Underrated: Washington Nationals

NL relief pitchers

Ivan Nova is overrated? This is the first time I hear that thing lol..If you said Hiroki Kuroda,that would be ok,but Ivan Nova is far from an overrated pitcher..

Yeah he is. He's been getting ridiculous run support in his career. His strikeouts are up but he's giving up way too many hits and homeruns.

Yeah he is. He's been getting ridiculous run support in his career. His strikeouts are up but he's giving up way too many hits and homeruns.

You are right about the hits but he also has 1 K per inning and gives up 3.something runs per game..He doesn't need a ridiculous run support to win games and he's not often getting one..