Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Bears ink Marion Barber to two-year deal

Per Rotoworld.com:

Bears signed RB Marion Barber to a two-year, $5 million contract.

Increasingly injury prone, Barber has averaged just 3.9 yards per carry over the past two seasons. Of course, that's 1.5 more than Chester Taylor averaged during his disastrous first season in Chicago last year. Still just 28, it's not outside the realm of possibility that Barber could turn in a nice bounce-back campaign this season, but don't expect him to come into any meaningful fantasy value in the process. Jul 30, 9:09 PM

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter

Me like the Forte and Barber combo

Bears line is looking dreadful right now. Barber is going to continue to crash and burn.

I like this. Sure, Barber is injury prone, but I've always seen him as very talented. I guess we'll see if he can still produce.

So instead of addressing their O-line they've managed to get rid of Greg Olsen, pick up a bunch of no-bodies, sign Roy Williams and the injury prone Marion Barber, and have yet to give the best offensive player on their team the contract he deserves.....

Edited by Shotgun

This is very disappointing for me as a Vikings fan. Marion may have struggled the past two years, but he is still a serviceable running back. I was really hoping the Vikings would bring back the Gopher and get some tough running out of him.

Guest Durant4MVP

Bears line is looking dreadful right now. Barber is going to continue to crash and burn.

I came in here to post pretty much exactly this. Their OLine is probably worse than the Cowboys' of last year.

Like the pickup however you could have Barry Sanders and Walter Payton in the Backfield and they wont be going very far behind our OL

Or can Barber play OL as well

Bears continuing to pick up the Cowboys trash. First it was Hurd and Williams, now Barber.

Lol. Roy Williams reuniting with Martz and his old WR coach will be nothing but a positive note and the Combo of Forte and Barber will make a good 1-2 punch not like Baber is going to get alot of carries anyways. Forte is a complete back.

Lol. Roy Williams reuniting with Martz and his old WR coach will be nothing but a positive note and the Combo of Forte and Barber will make a good 1-2 punch not like Baber is going to get alot of carries anyways. Forte is a complete back.

Barber in a limited role will become the Barbarian once again. He's just as good of a pass catcher as Forte and is a GREAT pass protection back on third down. Roy Williams will look like the competent receiver we all know that he is. I'm excited for him.

The diamond you got here, though, is Sam Hurd. HE's a TREMENDOUS special teams player and every time he gets reps as a WR, he makes a great catch or two. He might work his way into your top 3.

What Dallas' "trash" is doing for Chicago, is letting them return Devin Hester to his true strength as the primary returner.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Like the pickup however you could have Barry Sanders and Walter Payton in the Backfield and they wont be going very far behind our OL

Or can Barber play OL as well

Walter Payton had no OL in his day. I think he could have played behind anything, perhaps even Pittsburgh's line of a couple years back.

Sanders had an even worse line, so I'm not sure where he's going with that lol

Barber in a limited role will become the Barbarian once again. He's just as good of a pass catcher as Forte and is a GREAT pass protection back on third down. Roy Williams will look like the competent receiver we all know that he is. I'm excited for him.

The diamond you got here, though, is Sam Hurd. HE's a TREMENDOUS special teams player and every time he gets reps as a WR, he makes a great catch or two. He might work his way into your top 3.

What Dallas' "trash" is doing for Chicago, is letting them return Devin Hester to his true strength as the primary returner.

Forte is an every down back I see Barber touching the ball about ten times a game and spell Forte on passing downs. I agree with what you said about Sam Hurd he is a great special teamer but he is not even going to come close to being our slot guy. I see it like WIlliams, Knox , Earl and Hester. But I do agree with the signing of roy on how devin hester can go back to returning kicks and punts.

Forte is an every down back I see Barber touching the ball about ten times a game and spell Forte on passing downs. I agree with what you said about Sam Hurd he is a great special teamer but he is not even going to come close to being our slot guy. I see it like WIlliams, Knox , Earl and Hester. But I do agree with the signing of roy on how devin hester can go back to returning kicks and punts.

Walter Payton had no OL in his day. I think he could have played behind anything, perhaps even Pittsburgh's line of a couple years back.

I see your point, but let's not start comparing Marion Barber to Sweetness.

Chester Taylor sucked last year... but his contract was front-loaded... So maybe that gives them reason to keep him.

Good bye Chester Taylor?

He did not even average 2.0 yards a carry last season.

Of all Cowboys cuts why didn't the Bears go after Leonard Davis?

I always felt MBIII was overrated. Providing further evidence was him losing his job to Felix Jones, who still hasn't proved to be anything special.