Piggly Wiggly

So, what's your team's record gonna be this season?

1-15, We are obviously trying to get in on Andrew Luck.

Screw you, we're gunna suck more!

On what planet does an average Tarvaris Jackson get you 9 wins? An extremely lucky and career season out of him might get you 7.

Bullshit. He had every chance in the world and failed. Tarvaris is the REASON they went after Favre. Twice. He sucked playing indoors with Adrian Peterson, Shiancoe, Harvin, and Rice and a Top 10 defense. I'm sure he'll light fucking world on fire in Seattle. I guess he'll just magically stop staring down his WRs and the jump passes and all the other stupid shit he's done for 4 years.

@FSUViking : Because Donovan McNabb is going to win you a Superbowl, right? You can hire all the aging QBs you want but it won't make you suck any less. With Rice and all the other aqcuisitions we've made, I like our chances, even with Jackson at the helm, much better than yours. Maybe you should go pay Favre another twenty million dollars to come out of retirement for you again? That worked out well last year, didn't it?

Edited by Jayrus

I doubt he will come back but if he did he would sign with another team he has this annoying habit of wanting to win. If he came back again he would probably sign with the dolphins since they have better odds of getting to the Superbowl compared to the team he was playing for last season....

@FSUViking : Because Donovan McNabb is going to win you a Superbowl, right? You can hire all the aging QBs you want but it won't make you suck any less. With Rice and all the other aqcuisitions we've made, I like our chances, even with Jackson at the helm, much better than yours. Maybe you should go pay Favre another twenty million dollars to come out of retirement for you again? That worked out well last year, didn't it?

So everyone but Jaguar and Lion fans think they'll be playoff material. Interesting.

I predicted 6-10/7-9.

And we're not in the worst division in football like a certain team last year was, so that's very far from playoff material.

kthnx.

• Upvote 1

What does how McNabb will do at the Vikings have to do with what TJack did with them, and what he's going to do with the Seahawks?

That argument is so lolable. "WELL YOUR TEAM ISN'T GOING TO DO ANY GOOD, EITHER, SO WHAT YOU JUST SAID IS IRRELEVANT".

I never said they had anything to do with each-other. I'm telling him he has no place to spout off about our QB when he's not in any better position. We took T-Jack because he was familiar with the offense we were putting together. Do we expect him to take us to the Superbowl? No. However, we at least have that familiarity as a plus on our side. Also, we've built up a well rounded offense for him to play to. MArshawn Lynch is no Adrian Peterson, but we have this thing called an oline we've benn focusing on building up to protect our QB while the QBs in Minnesota might as well have been playing with cardboard cuttouts blocking for them. With the tools around him, even Tavaris Jackson can get us to at least 8-8. ALso, I seem to remember the Vikings making the playoffs in 08 and I believe Jackson was at the helm then. Also, Jackson is determined to prove he still has what it takes to be a starter, which will hopefuly translate into improved performance on the field. Wishful thinking there, I know, but if Mike Williams could turn his carreer around, why not T-Jack?

If he was just makign observations that would be one thing, but his posts sound alot more like he's laughing in our faces for having any faith in T-Jack. I don't mind discussing strengths and weaknesses. The whole reason I came here was to debate football, but LSUViking's posts weren't made to debate whether T-Jack could become decent or not. they were just basically "Lol your QB sucks and so do you". Which no, he doesn't have the right to sya about people. If he'd said "Taking Tavaris Jackson was a horrible idea and here's why that would have been one thing. But all he said was basically that we'd never see a winning season with TJack and were fools to think otherwise. He wants to talk crap about my Qb, i'll talk crap about his right back.

He did say TJack was a terrible idea and stated why...just he did it in the typical FSUViking fashion, which is a little more "blunt" than most people's.

So everyone but Jaguar and Lion fans think they'll be playoff material. Interesting.

Haha I was kind of thinking this earlier. I guess that's why we play the games.

I'll say 12-4. That's me being a bit hopeful.

6-10/7-9.

Probably being a bit optimistic, but it is the NFC South. The worst team always does a lot better, and has won the division 7/9 times the next year. Don't see the latter happening, but with all the nice additions in free agency, (with the exception of DA, ugh), I do see them improving greatly. And, who knows? They might do something this year... that's why you play the games.

Did I say that? Did the words "super bowl" come out of my mouth? I said the Vikings would be 8-8 shithead. Look it up. It's back one page. Make the effort to get some facts before spewing some grade school retort out of your ass.

You should like your chances more. Seattle plays in, year in and year out, the worst division in football. EVERY fucking year. The Vikings play in a division that has the two teams that played in the NFC Championship Game. By that definition alone, your "chances" are better. Better for what, though?

If he was just makign observations that would be one thing, but his posts sound alot more like he's laughing in our faces for having any faith in T-Jack. I don't mind discussing strengths and weaknesses. The whole reason I came here was to debate football, but LSUViking's posts weren't made to debate whether T-Jack could become decent or not. they were just basically "Lol your QB sucks and so do you". Which no, he doesn't have the right to sya about people. If he'd said "Taking Tavaris Jackson was a horrible idea and here's why that would have been one thing. But all he said was basically that we'd never see a winning season with TJack and were fools to think otherwise. He wants to talk crap about my Qb, i'll talk crap about his right back.

I was laughing in your face. And I will continue to do so. Every week. All season long. Until Charlie Whitehurt take sover the starting job. Which WILL happen. I'm guessing by week 7, when Jackson either gets knocked the fuck out because he can't understand the concept of sliding...or when he has another 3 interception game and makes throws a highs chool QB wouldn't even make.

And when did I say you suck? I don't know shit about you. Stop being so fucking sensitive and making shit up.

I'll name 32 QB's I'd take over Jackson, including one on your own team. So yeah...I'm gonna talk shit about a bad QB that I had to watch up close and personal for the last four years. Deal with it.

Actually the way things look Josh Portis might get a chance before Charlie Whitehurst gets another one. Being that you're a Vikings fan i'll freely admit to your superior knowledge of Tavaris Jackson's playing ability. I can still pray he manages to do something, though only time will tell if he will.

As for the rest of it... I have nothing to say accept I was wrong. I was an asshole, and I apologise. I really seem to be getting a bit out of control with my posts lately. Too much time spent on NFL.com I think. I'm going to try and keep in reigned in for now on.

As for the Seahawks. If we can see average level QB play from T-Jack (Note, that is the play of an average nfl QB out of T-Jack, not T-Jack's average level of play) He could get us at least 8-8. Otherwise I just have to hope Portis or Whitehurst can show us something. Everything i've read seems to suggest that T-Jack is looking good during training though, so i'll wait until I see how he does for a few games before I decide whether we made a mistake with him.

I'm wondering if we're gunna be able to recognize Tarvaris Jackson after the week two game at Pittsburgh, or if maybe they'll just feel sorry for him and take him down easy. Either way, minumum two sacks for James Harrisson and at least four total.

After looking through the schedule, a little more detail on why I think we have a somewhere around a 7-9 season.

@ Arizona- Win. I don't see the Cards pulling together much of a team, atm. Unless Kolb steps out of nowhere.

vs Green Bay- Loss. Not good enough to take down GB, not even at home.

vs Jacksonville- Win. The Jaguars only real threat is MJD, I think this is a probable win, especially at home.

@ Chicago- Toss up. In Chicago it will be difficult to pick up a win if Cam stumbles in the cold, however, I don't really see Chicago doing much this year. Probably more of a chance for a loss than a win in this one, but it's pretty close.

vs New Orleans- Loss. Same reason as GB.

@ Atlanta- Loss. Same as above.

vs Washington- Win. At home, and the Skins still don't have a QB, among many other problems.

vs Minnesota- Win. Again at home, unless the Vikes come out of nowhere this season.

That's 4-3 with 1 undecided at the break.

vs Tennesee- Another toss up. If CJ is in form, the Titans take this, methinks.

@ Detroit- Again, toss up. Detroit's D-line is going to be fiercesome, and I have no problem with someone who thinks the Panthers would lose this one. But its a very winnable game in my opinion.

@ Indianapolis- Loss. Same as NO, GB, and ATL.

@ Tampa Bay- Loss. Not going to beat the Bucs on their home turf.

vs Atlanta- Loss. Still not gonna beat the Falcons on our home turf.

@ Houston- Oh boy. Toss up again. The Texans seem to crumble at this point every year. Great offense, horrible defense.

vs Tampa Bay- On our turf, it's a different story. Win.

@ New Orleans- Loss, with one caveat. If NO has locked up their spot, we could beat their second-string.

That leaves us at 5-7 with 4 toss-ups. Win all 4, (unlikely), we're at 9-7. Lose all four and we're at 5-11.

I guess that's a good range. I'd be disappointed if we had a worse record than 6-10 and shocked if we had a better one than 9-7. Opinions are welcome, I'd like to see a non-Panther fan's opinion. Am I being way too optimistic, or is this reasonable?

Edited by Thanatos19

I don't think the Bucs will make the playoffs.

Really? I do.

I'm thinking we go 9-7 and I don't think that will be good enough for a Wildcard spot this year.

And Thanatos, you're predictions look decent to me. Maybe a little too optimistic. I think you'll lose to the Bears and Texans though, and probably the Jags. I think you guys will win a division game this year so I can see you beating the Bucs once. I think you guys will also beat the Lions.

I honestly think any team in the NFL has a chance of making it to the playoffs. Just think about it, how many weeks away do we have until we hit the playoffs? Thats more then enough time for any team to buy their tickets for which ever team that qualifies for this seasons playoffs....

I'll say we get another 10 win season. If Freeman, Williams and Blount all improve on what they did last year and then get some breakouts from other positions we'll be good to go.

The bears have a rough schedule... I'm thinking 7-9, but I'm being easy on them there..

I think the Cowboys will win 10-11 games this year if we stay healthy. I like our teams and think we really underachieved last year and our easier schedule will help.

Titans - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Saints - L

Bengals - W

@ Steelers - L

Ravens - L

@ Texans - L

@ Colts - W

@ Browns - L

Texans - W

Chargers - L