Piggly Wiggly

So, what's your team's record gonna be this season?

Well let's see here... We've got alot of new faces this year, but our talent level has definately risen. Assuming T-Jack produces here's what I'm thinking for the Seahawks.

1 Sep 11 SEA @ SF = W

2 Sep 18 SEA @ PIT = L

3 Sep 25 ARI @ SEA = W

4 Oct 02 ATL @ SEA = L

5 Oct 09 SEA @ NYG = L

6 Bye

7 Oct 23 SEA @ CLE = W

8 Oct 30 CIN @ SEA = W

9 Nov 06 SEA @ DAL = W

10 Nov 13 BAL @ SEA = L

11 Nov 20 SEA @ STL = L

12 Nov 27 WAS @ SEA = W

13 Dec 01 PHI @ SEA = L

14 Dec 12 STL @ SEA = W

15 Dec 18 SEA @ CHI = L

16 Dec 24 SF @ SEA = W

17 Jan 01 SEA @ ARI = W

So yeah. 9-7. Not amazing, but at the very least we improve to a positive record this year. I do think we have a chance on some of the games I marked a loss, but i'm being conservative here. We've got some rough teams on our schedule this year. It all comes down to if all our new guys can pull together. Though I think we're in position to really explode next year, especially if we manage to draft a future franchise QB. No disrespect to T-Jack and Whitehurst, but i'm not exactly comfortable with either of them at the helm.

That's about exactly where I think we'll end up. Between 8-8 and 10-6. If we somehow managed to get Matt Barkley next year and supplement the D we're gonna have a contender in Seattle again. Excited to watch our offense this year... it's taken a couple huge steps upward on paper.

Giants:

@ Washington- W

vs St Louis - W

@ Philadelphia-L

@ Arizona - W

vs Seattle - W

vs Buffalo- W

vs Miami - W

@ New England - L

@ San Francisco -W

vs Philadelphia - L

@ New Orleans - L

vs Green Bay -L

@ Dallas -L

vs Washington - W

@ Jets - L

vs Dallas- W

So a fairly decent season is my estimate for the G-men. 9-7

Here's my take:

@ Washington- W

vs St Louis - W

@ Philadelphia-L

@ Arizona - L

vs Seattle - W

vs Buffalo- W

vs Miami - L

@ New England - L

@ San Francisco -W

vs Philadelphia - W

@ New Orleans - L

vs Green Bay -L

@ Dallas -W

vs Washington - W

@ Jets - W

vs Dallas- W

10-6. I think they have a chance against the Eagles at least once, and I think they beat the Jets ("at home").

I'll go 7-9. I think we take a step back with the loss of Asomugha/Miller and a new coach.

PIT @ BAL - W Steelers don't lose openers

SEA @ PIT - W

PIT @ IND - W

PIT @ HOU - L

TEN @ PIT - W

JAC @ PIT - W

PIT @ ARI - W

NE @ PIT - W

BAL @ PIT - L

PIT @ CIN - W

PIT @ KC - L

CIN @ PIT - W

CLE @ PIT - W

PIT @ SF - W

STL @ PIT - W

PIT @ CLE - W

13-3, though I think realistically they'll drop down to 11 or 12 wins. They have an easy schedule, so hopefully they can pull out a great season and go get that ring they missed.

Titans - W

@ Jets - L

@ Panthers - W

Saints - L

Bengals - W

@ Steelers - L

Ravens - L

@ Texans - L

@ Colts - W

@ Browns - L

Texans - W

Chargers - L

Bucs - W

Falcons - L

@ Titans - L

Colts - L

6-10, probably too harsh but :shrug:

Edited by BlaineDifference

Went through the schedule today and came out with a 11-5 record for the Bears, with two losses to Green Bay but key wins against San Diego and New Orleans. Realistically, it will be more like 9-7 or 10-6 because the Bears always end up losing at least one or two games that I expect them to win.

I hope I'm not cocky but I'll say 12-4. If we play like we left off in the playoffs, watch out.

Patriots:

@ Miami- W

San Diego- W

@ Buffalo- W

@ Oakland- L

New York Jets- W

Dallas- W

Bye

@ Pittsburgh- W

New York Giants- L

@ New York Jets- L

Kansas City- W

@ Philadelphia- L

Indianapolis- W

@ Washington- W

@ Denver- W

Miami- W

Buffalo- W

I'd say the Patriots go about 12-4. They start the season with an average difficulty stretch. Their last three games before the bye week could be a challange but I see them winning them all except against Oakland. Every team gets upset and while their are better candidates, Oakland's running game is getting better which is something New England was hit or miss with last season. I think Oakland will be a wake-up call and will give the Patriots a reality check just like they got with Cleveland next year. After the bye they have a very challenging stretch. Pittsburgh is a hard team to beat, especially at home, but the track record says that the Patriots win and that the Steelers will have a Super Bowl hangover. Then they face the two tough New York teams. The Patriots will want revenge for their Super Bowl loss against the Giants but will make costly mistakes and will allow Eli to throw all over them. Then they go to New York to face the Jets. They will beat the Jets earlier in the season because of how the playoffs go, but it's hard to get two wins against a very good head coach in Rex Ryan and a Jets team with a formidable defense and a relatively solid run game. The Patriots take two straight losses against teams from New York and Belichick gets his team straight. Then they play Kansas City, whom has connections with New England both on the coaching staff and with players, but Brady shows Cassel why he was starting and why Cassel was sitting when he played in New England and the Patriots win that. Then comes Philly. My gut actually tells me that they win the game, it's one of those odd feelings, but I'll listen to my head and say that Philly becomes too fast for the Patriots and wins. The final five games are relatively easy- the Colts are always a challenge but I don't see another fourth down bust from Belichick. The Patriots secondary is better and will do better against Manning since the Colts don't seem to know what running the ball is. The last four games are against losing teams last year and big wins in Washington and Denver will give the Patriots a big boost of confidence to ride when they get home so they can finish out against the 'Fins & Bills. With a tough schedule like this, and a tough 6 game stretch (8 if you include the two before the bye), the Patriots could realistically end up from 8-8 to 14-2 again. Their problem last year was their defense, and they've gotten back key players (Bodden & McGowan), signed a potential game changer (Haynesworth), and have a coach in Belichick who is very confident in the young players on the team, especially the linebackers. With a potent offense and an improving defense, the Patriots will be a threat this season to any team they face and are preseason locks for the playoffs.

PIT @ KC - L

I hope so...not gonna get my hopes up with Haley calling the plays.

Well this may be a bit of a stretch but with all the free agency grabs and what Coach Carroll has done for my Hawks past 2 seasons im gonna go with 10-6 and they are gonna own the NFC West. The Cards are in pretty bad shape and I dont see Kolb doing much and as far as Im concerned its pretty unproven asset at this time. Like Seattle the 49ers are in a rebuilding process but 2 things I think they have actually taken a step back the past few months compared to last season. 1: They got rid of some good defensive players Singletary put together that gave them a very formitable defense.and 2:Braylon Edwards Nuff said LOL. Rams look like a challenge like last year but I havent seen any good acquisitions during the off season that will give them the means to compete with the Seahawks. If they have made some good trades that I am not aware please let me know....

I'll say 11-5. We're good, but we still have holes.

I will be honest with all the tools the Eagles have acquired this past off season I would have to say they would be my favored team to go to the show (thats of course if my Seahawks tank). My only thing I would be concerned about is with all that talent they have on the team people attitudes and chips and their shouldars would keep them from meshing and playing as a unit and instead fighting against themselves....

9-7 if we can get average QB play from Tarvaris and yea i do have hope that he can be atleast that its not like he doesn't have the tools to be ok.

Maybe its just me but I really dont think the Vikings gave T-Jack enough time to prove himself. Hes good but he still has something to work on but T-Jack pretty much got screwed when Favre came out of retirement. I have a feeling we will see what T-Jack is capable of doing now that he is playing for the Hawks....

9-7 if we can get average QB play from Tarvaris and yea i do have hope that he can be atleast that its not like he doesn't have the tools to be ok.

On what planet does an average Tarvaris Jackson get you 9 wins? An extremely lucky and career season out of him might get you 7.

Maybe its just me but I really dont think the Vikings gave T-Jack enough time to prove himself. Hes good but he still has something to work on but T-Jack pretty much got screwed when Favre came out of retirement. I have a feeling we will see what T-Jack is capable of doing now that he is playing for the Hawks....

Bullshit. He had every chance in the world and failed. Tarvaris is the REASON they went after Favre. Twice. He sucked playing indoors with Adrian Peterson, Shiancoe, Harvin, and Rice and a Top 10 defense. I'm sure he'll light fucking world on fire in Seattle. I guess he'll just magically stop staring down his WRs and the jump passes and all the other stupid shit he's done for 4 years. :rolleyes:

Edited by FSUViking
  • Upvote 2

On what planet does an average Tarvaris Jackson get you 9 wins? An extremely lucky and career season out of him might get you 7.

Bullshit. He had every chance in the world and failed. Tarvaris is the REASON they went after Favre. Twice. He sucked playing indoors with Adrian Peterson, Shiancoe, Harvin, and Rice and a Top 10 defense. I'm sure he'll light fucking world on fire in Seattle. I guess he'll just magically stop staring down his WRs and the jump passes and all the other stupid shit he's done for 4 years. :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

So everyone but Jaguar and Lion fans think they'll be playoff material. Interesting.