WindyCitySports

Best division in football this year?

NFC N was also guaranteed a spot in the Super Bowl last year in the NFC Championship. lol. I don't see why we can't AT LEAST be in the discussion.

The Vikings will be very iffy.... But I think the Packers, Bears (their Defense), and Lions can take the NFC E to the tool shed.

Packers beat the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles twice | Lost to Washington | 4 - 1

Bears beat the Cowboys & Philly | Lost to NY and WAS | 2 - 2

Vikings beat the Cowboys, Redskins, & Eagles | Lost to NY | 3 - 1

Detroit beat WAS, lost to the other 3 | 1 - 3

So... NFC North verse the NFC East was 10 - 7. Not dominant or head and shoulders above... But definitely above regardless.

I was totally thinking NFC East until you pointed out these results. It was 10-7, but the Lions are improved enough to the point where I think they could win 2-2 against the East. If the two divisions got to do this all over again, I think it could come out 12-5 in favor of the NFC North, which is definitely dominant. Lions 2-2, and the Packers winning out the season and a playoff game.

NFC N was also guaranteed a spot in the Super Bowl last year in the NFC Championship. lol. I don't see why we can't AT LEAST be in the discussion.

The Vikings will be very iffy.... But I think the Packers, Bears (their Defense), and Lions can take the NFC E to the tool shed.

Packers beat the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles twice | Lost to Washington | 4 - 1

Bears beat the Cowboys & Philly | Lost to NY and WAS | 2 - 2

Vikings beat the Cowboys, Redskins, & Eagles | Lost to NY | 3 - 1

Detroit beat WAS, lost to the other 3 | 1 - 3

So... NFC North verse the NFC East was 10 - 7. Not dominant or head and shoulders above... But definitely above regardless.

The NFC North was only guaranteed a Super Bowl bid because the Bears had, quite possibly, the easiest second round matchup in the history of playoff football.

I don't think the Bears beat either Dallas or Philly this year. NY is up in the air, because Eli can throw 2-4 INTs on any given Sunday. The Vikings aren't going to beat anyone besides Washington if the East and North were to play this year.

Detroit has a defensive line that has Jim Schwartz drooling, but they still have a bad secondary and questionable linebackers. I don't think they're a nod to beat anybody but Washington this year. Everyone screaming that the Lions will go 10-6 or so are dreaming. They'll go 7-9, with obvious improvements. They're still a year, and quite possibly two, away. This year, the East is better than the North, barring major injury.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The NFC North was only guaranteed a Super Bowl bid because the Bears had, quite possibly, the easiest second round matchup in the history of playoff football.

I don't think the Bears beat either Dallas or Philly this year. NY is up in the air, because Eli can throw 2-4 INTs on any given Sunday. The Vikings aren't going to beat anyone besides Washington if the East and North were to play this year.

Detroit has a defensive line that has Jim Schwartz drooling, but they still have a bad secondary and questionable linebackers. I don't think they're a nod to beat anybody but Washington this year. Everyone screaming that the Lions will go 10-6 or so are dreaming. They'll go 7-9, with obvious improvements. They're still a year, and quite possibly two, away. This year, the East is better than the North, barring major injury.

How many times have we heard you say that :rolleyes:

The only choice is the NFC West, come on.

How I rank 'em...

1. NFC East

2. NFC South

3. AFC North

4. NFC North

5. AFC South

6. AFC East

7. AFC West

8. roflNFCWest

I'll say it's a tie between the NFC East and the NFC South. NFC East has the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants. NFC South has the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs.

How many times have we heard you say that :rolleyes:

It's no disrespect, man. I just don't think Jay Cutler is a very good QB. I'd respect the Bears A LOT more with Orton at QB.

• Upvote 1

Hmph... Make no mistake that the West is on the rise. Give us a couple more years development and we'll see whose a joke.

As for right now though, I'm going to agree with either NFC East or NFC North as the strongest divisions.

Where is this NFC North talk coming from? I don't see it, folks.

2 top 5 defenses, another one in the top 10 and Detroit could possibly crack it with how their D-line is and if the secondary continues to improve. If Cutler and the offense can improve, Chicago is right up there in the upper tier of teams. Packers won the Superbowl. 2 cold weather teams that gives them an advantage in the winter. The division deserves some respect but I would say the NFCS is a tougher division.

The 4 teams in the NFC North had more wins last season than the 4 teams in the NFC East.

The NFC North also went 4-1 in the playoffs meanwhile the NFC East and South combined went 0-3....

If the NFC North isn't in the discussion then who is??

Last years champion and no. 2 seed hail from the NFC North. The no. 1 seed got blown out by an NFCn team. The other NFC South team got their asses kicked by a 7-9 team in the wild card round. The lone NFC east team to make the playoffs was knocked out right away by an NFC north team. Two NFC north teams made the playoffs, both made it to the NFC championship and one won it all. How are we not in the discussion?

So now its based solely on last years playoffs?

Should I try and predict which wildcard team will win the SB this year while I'm at it? Sure postseason play is a factor when determining these type of predictions but so does regular season, off-seaon acquisition and current schedules.

Edited by KiLaSix9

Yeah, honestly. Last year's playoffs don't matter. The North is only going to have 1 playoff team this year, anyway.

Yeah, honestly. Last year's playoffs don't matter. The North is only going to have 1 playoff team this year, anyway.

lol. That's a bold prediction....

This year it'll be the NFC South. Both Atlanta & New Orleans made the playoffs and Tampa Bay was pretty close to squeezing in as well. The Panthers were dreadful but they have made some nice moves in the offseason and could end up winning 6-8 games. You could make a case for the NFC North, but I think Green Bay could suffer a Super Bowl hangover (although they'll still manage to win 11+ games), I'm not yet sold on Chicago, I think Detriot is overhyped and will miss the playoffs, and I think the Vikings are underhyped but also aging in a lot of departments. Green Bay is the best team in football right now, and you could make a case for Chicago being in the top 5-8, but there's no doubt New Orleans & Atlanta are in the top 10, with Tampa close behind that. The Panthers could struggle but could also end near .500. All in all, both divisions are solid and could put out 2 playoff teams, but the NFC South is stronger.

Man, some of you guys are really going ham on this debate...is it really that big a deal? This isn't college football where your own division/conference needs to be good for your team to get respect.

Man, some of you guys are really going ham on this debate...is it really that big a deal? This isn't college football where your own division/conference needs to be good for your team to get respect.

I thought we were all having a good debate. :shrug:

I thought we were all having a good debate. :shrug:

Oh, definitely, but it seems like some people are getting a little too much into it. It's all speculation, after all, and it's fun to speculate...but I feel like some of us are about to rip each others' heads off for thinking so-and-so is the best division.

True for most of the league. Unfortunately my team is part of the NFC West which means we'd get no respect even if we miraculously went 16-0.

I don't see anyone getting really agitated or angry, just seems like good debate to me.

And I'm saying NFC North but I really have not stock in the NFC at all.

We all know how some of your Predictions went last year and for shits and giggles which division in the NFC will have the most playoff's teams ?

We all know how some of your Predictions went last year and for shits and giggles which division in the NFC will have the most playoff's teams ?

Tie.

South: New Orleans and Tampa Bay

East: Philly and Dallas

Easily the NFC south. There are three playoff contenders in the Bucs, Saints, and Falcons. And the Panthers aren't as bad as they are made out to be.