Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Bucs roster breakdown

Since I'm bored and feel like talking Buccaneer football, I decided to do my own roster breakdown and predict the 53 that make the cut after preseasn. Of course, this likely will not be the 53 that open up the regular season. Dom is always agressive on the waiver wire after cuts looking for guys and we had guys like LeGarrette Blount and Ted Larsen last year who made big impacts after being cut by their original teams. This is just based on what we have right now. I'm also going off the Bucs' website roster, so some players like Larsen are listed as centers and several OL can play both tackle and guard.

QUATERBACK

Who Makes It: Josh Freeman, Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter (3)

Who Gets Cut: Mike Coughlin

RUNNINGBACK

Who Makes It: LeGarrette Blount, Earnest Graham, Allen Bradford (6)

Who Gets Cut: Kregg Lumpkin, Armando Allen, Mossis Madu

FULLBACK

Who Makes It: Erik Lorig (8)

Who Gets Cut: Rendrick Taylor

WIDE RECEIVER

Who Makes It: Mike Williams, Arrelious Benn, Dezmon Briscoe, Sammie Stroughter, Michael Spurlock, Preston Parker (13)

Who Gets Cut: Raymond Webber, Detron Lewis, Jock Sanders, Ed Gant

TIGHT END

Who Makes It: Kellen Winslow, Luke Stocker, Daniel Hardy (16)

Who Gets Cut: Nathan Overbay, Ryan Purvis, Jose Cruz

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

Who Makes It: Donald Penn, Jeremy Trueblood, James Lee, Demar Dotson, Derek Hardman (22)

Who Gets Cut: Will Barker, Quintin Borders, Cory Brandon

OFFENSIVE GUARD

Who Makes It: Davin Joseph, Jeremy Zuttah, Brandon Carter (25)

Who Gets Cut: Thomas Claiborne, Marc Dile

CENTER

Who Makes It: Jeff Faine, Ted Larsen (27)

Who Gets Cut: Matt Allen

DEFENSIVE END

Who Makes It: Adrian Clayborn, Da'Quan Bowers, Michael Bennett, Alex Magee, Kyle Moore (32)

Who Gets Cut: Doug Worthington, Brandon Gilbeaux, George Johnson, EJ Wilson

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Who Makes It: Gerald McCoy, Brian Price, Roy Miller, Frank Okam(36)

Who Gets Cut: Al Woods

LINEBACKER

Who Makes It: Geno Hayes, Quincy Black, Adam Hayward, Dekoda Watson, Tyrone McKenzie, Mason Foster (42)

Who Gets Cut: Derrell Smith, Simoni Lawrence, Nick Reveiz, Brandon Heath, Victor Aiyewa

CORNERBACK

Who Makes It: Aqib Talib, Ronde Barber, EJ Biggers, Myron Lewis, Anthony Gaitor (45)

Who Gets Cut: Elbert Mack, DJ Johnson

SAFETY

Who Makes It: Sean Jones, Cody Grimm, Ahmad Black, Larry Asante, Corey Lynch (50)(Tanard Jackson doesn't count until reinstated)

Who Gets Cut: Dominique Harris, Devin Holland, Vince Anderson

KICKER

Who Makes It: Connor Barth (51)

Who Gets Cut: Josh Jasper

PUNTER

Who Makes It: Michael Koenen (52)

Who Gets Cut: Robert Malone

LONG SNAPPER

Who Makes It: Andrew Economos (53)

Who Gets Cut: Christian Yount

Obviously, preseason changes things a lot but as of now this is how I see things going. WR and S were toughest positions to make cuts at. I honestly like the potential of Black, Asante and Lynch at safety but one of them has to go at some point if T-Jax comes back.

EDIT: Just saw on PR that Economis is likely going to be ready for Week 1, so I edited the long snapper position.

Edited by Milla4Prez66
  • Downvote 1

Allen Bradford will eventually be the starting RB :wub:

Allen Bradford will eventually be the starting RB :wub:

Still cannot believe how underutilized he was at USC. I mean I know USC usually has some really good backs, but every time they gave him the ball he was great with it. Should have gotten a lot more playing time. Oh well...good for us. :D

I think Mack makes the roster. Other than that, I'd say your spot on.

I think Mack makes the roster. Other than that, I'd say your spot on.

I hope he doesn't. Mack is awful, especially when we have to play man to man.

Those predictions look really good to me Milla. However, if this Webber kid produces in the pre-season and keeps up the good work, I may want to see him make the team over Parker.

I hope he doesn't. Mack is awful, especially when we have to play man to man.

Those predictions look really good to me Milla. However, if this Webber kid produces in the pre-season and keeps up the good work, I may want to see him make the team over Parker.

Yeah, I think it is up to Parker and Webber for that last WR spot. The Bucs are obviously high on Parker though, they kept him on the roster all season to protect him from the waiver wire so they obviously think he has potential worth keeping. But we'll see.

Still cannot believe how underutilized he was at USC. I mean I know USC usually has some really good backs, but every time they gave him the ball he was great with it. Should have gotten a lot more playing time. Oh well...good for us. :D

He was in Lane Kiffin's doghouse over a fumble. Didn't really come back into play until the final game against UCLA, where he took it out on the Bruins.

Yeah, I think it is up to Parker and Webber for that last WR spot. The Bucs are obviously high on Parker though, they kept him on the roster all season to protect him from the waiver wire so they obviously think he has potential worth keeping. But we'll see.

I'm pulling for Webber. I keep hearing how he's a combination of Mike Williams and Rejus Benn so far in camp. He's been pretty impressive.

He was in Lane Kiffin's doghouse over a fumble. Didn't really come back into play until the final game against UCLA, where he took it out on the Bruins.

Wow...Lane is a moron. Lol I think he has proved that many times over and not just with USC.

Would be interesting to see how USC's season would have differed if Bradford was played more.

I'm pulling for Webber. I keep hearing how he's a combination of Mike Williams and Rejus Benn so far in camp. He's been pretty impressive.

I've heard good things, but he'll have to show it in preseason to have a shot at making the roster. He'll have to make the Bucs scared to put him on the waiver wire to get him on the practice squad, like Parker did last year.

I'll be at the night practice tonight at RayJay so I'll get my first look at some of these players in person. Looking forward to it.

Had a good time at the night practice, it was my first time at RayJay and loved it.

Some pics. :yep:

100_0380.jpg

100_0397.jpg

100_0393.jpg

100_0396.jpg

100_0415.jpg

100_0427.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0431.jpg

100_0436.jpg

100_0421.jpg

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST.............

CROMPDADDY!!!!!!1!111!!!!1!!1!!!!11!!!!!!1!1!!!1

100_0442.jpg

Haha.

Nice!

I went too...and judging from your pics I wasn't sitting that far away from where you were.

It was a lot of fun...just as fun as last years. I'm trying to make it a ritual where I go to a TC practice...the night practice and the first game of the season (Browns game last year)...just started it last year haha. Next up...Lions game. Can't wait.

EDIT:

Chose the Bucs vs. Colts MNF game instead. Already purchased my tickets. On the 20 yard line...lowest level...home team side. Can't wait!! GO BUCS!

Edited by BucD

I wish I could go to a game, but can't afford it. Yesterday was my first time at RayJay actually.

If I do go, I'll be sitting nosebleeders just like when I go to Magic games.

Yea.

Hey have you noticed how many reps Mossis Madu gets at RB? More so than Bradford and Allen. He's getting them at RB and RB then split out wide as a receiver. Just something I noticed...dunno if it means anything. Also read in one of PR's insider camp things that Madu has looked really fast, shifty and quick with his cuts etc.

Yea.

Hey have you noticed how many reps Mossis Madu gets at RB? More so than Bradford and Allen. He's getting them at RB and RB then split out wide as a receiver. Just something I noticed...dunno if it means anything. Also read in one of PR's insider camp things that Madu has looked really fast, shifty and quick with his cuts etc.

To me it seemed like Lumpkin and Armando Allen got the most reps at RB, but I wasn't paying that close of attention to it.

I read Carpenter absolutely killed Crompton in the QB drills they did. I don't know why we wasted our time signing Crompton.

• Downvote 1

I read Carpenter absolutely killed Crompton in the QB drills they did. I don't know why we wasted our time signing Crompton.

WUT

HOW DARE YOU TALK BAD ABOUT CROMPDADDY

WUT

HOW DARE YOU TALK BAD ABOUT CROMPDADDY

:unsure:

Edited by KiLaSix9

But on a serious note, Crompton was brought in because of how bad Coughlin has been in camp. Suprised they haven't cut Coughlin yet.

PR just did a camp insider this morning and they talked about how the young RBs are doing. Saying basically that Bradford didn't start off camp in the greatest of graces due to his late signing and his "MONSTER" youtube vids (old and seems to of been just offseason boredom/for fun...don't see an issue with them TBH), but he has made up for it as of late looking good in camp. Apparently he's learning and getting more and more reps. As a whole though all three young backs (Bradford, Madu and Allen) have looked really good and have impressed. Blount has impressed big time and has had a great camp and improving his game a lot in all aspects especially as a receiver out of the backfield. Graham and Lumpkin are, of course, the favorites for the third down back role and getting most if not all the reps in those situations.

A good reason I do the PR Insider stuff...only $5 a year and they do a pretty damn good job of watching and evaluating what they see at OTAs and TC. They're forum blows though. lol

First preseason Depth Chart released. http://www.buccaneers.com/team-and-stats/depth-chart.html

OFFENSE:

WR Mike Williams Sammie Stroughter Micheal Spurlock Ed Gant/Raymond Webber

LT Donald Penn Demar Dotson Cory Brandon

LG Ted Larsen Brandon Carter Marc Dile

C Jeff Faine Jeremy Zuttah Matt Allen

RG Davin Joseph Derek Hardman Thomas Claiborne

RT Jeremy Trueblood James Lee Will Barker

TE Kellen Winslow Luke Stocker Daniel Hardy Ryan Purvis/Nathan Overbay/Jose Cruz

WR Arrelious Benn Dezmon Briscoe Preston Parker Jock Sanders/Detron Lewis

QB Josh Freeman Josh Johnson Rudy Carpenter Mike Coughlin/Jonathan Crompton

RB LeGarrette Blount Kregg Lumpkin Allen Bradford Mossis Madu/Armando Allen

FB Earnest Graham Erik Lorig Rendrick Taylor Nick Reveiz

DEFENSE:

LDE Michael Bennett Da'Quan Bowers Kyle Moore Alex Magee

DT Gerald McCoy Frank Okam E.J. Wilson

DT Roy Miller Brian Price Al Woods

RDE Adrian Clayborn Tim Crowder George Johnson Brandon Gilbeaux

SLB Quincy Black Dekoda Watson Brandon Heath

MLB Mason Foster Tyrone McKenzie Derrell Smith

WLB Geno Hayes Adam Hayward Simoni Lawrence Victor Aiyewa

LCB Aqib Talib Myron Lewis DJ Johnson Vince Anderson

RCB Ronde Barber E.J. Biggers Anthony Gaitor Elbert Mack

SS Sean Jones Corey Lynch Dominique Harris Devin Holland

DE Cody Grimm Larry Asante Ahmad Black

Edited by BucD

Gregg Lumpkin as the #2 RB is interesting. Big wtf @ Davin Joseph being the #3 RG. We just gave that guy a big contract.

Gregg Lumpkin as the #2 RB is interesting. Big wtf @ Davin Joseph being the #3 RG. We just gave that guy a big contract.

It's just the first preseason Depth Chart, but I agree. Could also be a typo...

Bowers being behind Bennett at LDE is just a precautionary deal. Taking it slow with him etc. He'll be numero uno come week 1/final depth chart. Same with Davin.

EDIT:

It was an error...fix on their page and I fixed my post to reflect...

Edited by BucD

I don't expect Bennett to be starting over Bowers for long.

I'm pulling for Dakota too. I hope he can be a surprise breakout player this year.