Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

2011 Offensive & Defensive rookie of the year odds

Odds Offensive Rookie of the Year

Julio Jones,Falcons 5/1

Cam Newton,Panthers 11/2

A.J. Green,Bengals 6/1

Mark Ingram,Saints 6/1

Mikel LeShoure,Lions 10/1 (I'm sure this has changed)

Christian Ponder,Vikings 12/1

Daniel Thomas,Dolphins 12/1

Ryan Williams,Cards 14/1

Andy Dalton,Bengals 15/1

Jake Locker,Titans 15/1

Shane Vereen,Pats 15/1

Stevan Ridley,Pats 15/1

Titus Young,Lions 15/1

Torrey Smith,Ravens 16/1

Jonathan Baldwin,Chiefs 20/1

Randall Cobb,Packers 20/1

Blaine Gabbert,Jags 22/1

Kyle Rudolph,Vikings 25/1

Leonard Hankerson,Redskins 25/1

Odds Defensive Rookie of the Year

Von Miller,Broncos 11/2

Patrick Peterson,Cards 6/1

Nick Fairley,Lions 13/2

Marcel Dareus,Bills 15/2

Aldon Smith,Niners 12/1

Jimmy Smith,Ravens 12/1

Bruce Carter,Cowboys 15/1

Adrian Clayborn,Bucs 16/1

Cameron Jordan,Saints 16/1

JJ Watt,Texans 16/1

Robert Quinn,Rams 16/1

Ryan Kerrigan,Redskins 16/1

Cameron Heyward,Steelers 18/1

DeQuan Bowers,Bucs 18/1

Aaron Williams,Bills 20/1

Corey Liuget,Chargers 20/1

Marvin Austin,Giants 20/1

Muhammad Wilkerson,Jets 20/1

Jabaal Sheard,Browns 25/1

Phil Taylor,Browns 25/1

Source: Bodog

It's interesting that Casey Matthews isn't even listed. If the Eagles can win the division with him staying healthy at MLB, I think he's got a good shot. MLB's seem to win DROY a lot, and if we can win the East, he's going to be a huge contributor, because our run stopping seems to be focusing on the linebackers this year as opposed to the DL in the past few seasons.

Just put your money on Robert Quinn. Trust me on this one.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Cobb is going to be a factor much this year. He will get some catches... but his force will be felt on ST more than anything.

What a lot of people don't realize is that Aaron Rodgers has had the same 4 WR's his entire (3yr) career as a starter. Consistency does wonders, and that WR corps is crowded right now.

Just put your money on Robert Quinn. Trust me on this one.

That's where my money would go on the defensive side.

I like the Julio Jones odds on offense. He's on a good team with a good QB and a decent threat lining up opposite.

De'Quan Bowers @ 18/1 If he stays fit he looks like the value bet on the defensive side. Do they take Eachway bets?

Julio Jones for Offensive rookie @ 5/1- not a very insightful pick but i just got a feeling that with Ryan throwing him the ball and Jones likely to be a top 2 wide-out target for the Falcons i can't see him being beaten. Ingram has a chance also. I Don't believe that any QB will have an outstanding year and with dalton throwing to AJ Green that rules Green out as well. IMHO

Edited by FlyingKIMBOB21

If Bowers can stay healthy, I'd probably take him on defense and on offense, I think I'd take Jones. He's gonna be the #2 WR and he has a lot of other weapons to take pressure off him and a solid QB with Matt Ryan.

I'm going with:

Julio Jones, he's going to get alot of looks considering the offense he's plugging into.

Nick Fairley, teams are going to be busy enough trying to contain Suh, I think he's going to prosper because of it.

I don't get the Julio Jones thing. Not only do WRs rarely win OROY, but Jones is the #2 WR and may even be the #3 option in the passing game. I would take AJ Green if I had to go with a WR in this bet, not only is he more talented but he is likely to be the focal point of the Bengals' passing game.

Daniel Thomas should be a good underdog pick for OROY, usually RBs get the award because they transition to the NFL the best and he should be in line for a lot of carries in Miami.

Since when do they make odds for this? Don't tell me people bet on this in vegas. That said, I disagree with the list. What offensive players excel right away? Not quarterbacks. Not wide recievers. Runningbacks. Daniel Thomas will win it if he doens't get injured. The Dolphins have one of the shakiest QB situations, indicating lots of running plays. They also have a lack of reliable runningbacks. Reggie Bush is maybe 10 carry per game guy, mostly on third downs, passing situations, and wildcat.

What offensive players excel right away? Not quarterbacks. Not wide recievers. Runningbacks.

Randy Moss 1998

Percy Harvin 2009

Vince Young 2006

Matt Ryan 2008

Anquan Boldin 2003

Big Ben 2004

Sam Bradford 2010

I'll concede, more Running backs win than not, but there's no guarantee...

Edited by Krawnka
  • Upvote 1

I don't get the Julio Jones thing. Not only do WRs rarely win OROY, but Jones is the #2 WR and may even be the #3 option in the passing game. I would take AJ Green if I had to go with a WR in this bet, not only is he more talented but he is likely to be the focal point of the Bengals' passing game.

Daniel Thomas should be a good underdog pick for OROY, usually RBs get the award because they transition to the NFL the best and he should be in line for a lot of carries in Miami.

A.J. Green may have a rookie throwing to him. He also won't have the luxury of an Ocho Cinco on the other side attracting all the attention. Julio Jones is set to succeed in Atlanta.

I agree with Daniel Thomas as a Darkhorse, since he will get a good number of carries in an offense that struggles in the pass game.

The Cam Newton hype is ridiculous. Bust.

I don't see why the #1 QB taken in the draft, and the most prolific QB in the draft would not have a good chance of wining OROTY...

If anything he should be one of the most likely to win it considering the fact that all a rookie QB has to do it seems is play solid to win it.

I don't see why the #1 QB taken in the draft, and the most prolific QB in the draft would not have a good chance of wining OROTY...

If anything he should be one of the most likely to win it considering the fact that all a rookie QB has to do it seems is play solid to win it.

I think Newton is going to spend most of his time handing off to DeAngelo Williams.

A.J. Green may have a rookie throwing to him. He also won't have the luxury of an Ocho Cinco on the other side attracting all the attention. Julio Jones is set to succeed in Atlanta.

I agree with Daniel Thomas as a Darkhorse, since he will get a good number of carries in an offense that struggles in the pass game.

There is only so many catches to go around, and Roddy White is still Ryan's go to guy while Gonzalez is his safety valve. I'd be shocked if Julio Jones got more than 600 yards. Don't see how he is the favorite for OROY.

Green may have a rookie QB, but he'll be that rookie's #1 target and will get lots of chances to produce. I don't see either winning OROY, but if I had to choose one I'd take AJ Green's chances over Julio. If we get a rookie QB who just does decently, he'll win. If not, I'm guessing it will be a RB.

I agree with SanjayStar. Robert Quinn is going to beast.

Green may have a rookie QB, but he'll be that rookie's #1 target and will get lots of chances to produce. I don't see either winning OROY, but if I had to choose one I'd take AJ Green's chances over Julio. If we get a rookie QB who just does decently, he'll win. If not, I'm guessing it will be a RB.

But in that scenario with A.J. Green, you also have to look t at the possibility of the rookie Dalton taking votes from his teammate. If Green is having a hell of a season, the majority of votes can easily go to the guy throwing to him. Voters love QBs.

But in that scenario with A.J. Green, you also have to look t at the possibility of the rookie Dalton taking votes from his teammate. If Green is having a hell of a season, the majority of votes can easily go to the guy throwing to him. Voters love QBs.

You are right. If Dalton is having a solid season he will win. Voters love rookie QBs who play decently. It is tougher on WRs, Mike Williams tied Randy Moss' record for TD catches as a rookie but still never really had a shot at getting the award. I don't think Jones or Green get the award, I'm just not sure why people think Julio Jones is going to put up the numbers necessary to get enough attention to win the award when he is not even going to be a go to guy in his offense.