Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

First Draft of the Year

My first of the year.... Picked 11/12. Players without numbers next to them are starters. Player with numbers are depth.

QB: Josh Freeman

QB2: Matt Hasselbeck

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

WR: Mike Wallace

WR: Mike Williams (Tampa)

WR2: AJ Green

WR3: Roy Williams

WR4: Jerricho Cotchery

RB: Mojo

RB: Ryan Grant

RB2: Brandon Jacobs

TE: Marcedes Lewis

TE2: Tony Moeaki (My 2nd to last pick.. Not many great option left anywhere)

D/ST: Philly

K: Josh Brown

I am obviously weak on the RB depth... Thinking about trading one of my wideouts... If you guys have a RB in mind that may still be a FA and will see some action, let me know!

Edited by Favre4Ever

No posts?

I like this team. Freeman should be a stud. Your WR corps are nice. Fitz proved last year it doesn't matter who's throwing to him, he'll catch a ball, Wallace will be in the Top 10 as far as fantasy points are concerned for receivers, and Mike Williams is a #1 WR that should only build on his stats last year. Backups are decent, too. All have good potential.

RBs, as you have stated, is where you lack. Mojo will give you Top 5 production unless he suffers more than I would think from his injury. Personally, I stay away from Ryan Grant but we'll call that your homer pick lol. Jacobs is iffy too.

Overall, your QB and receiving threats should get you to the playoffs. Your backs will determine whether you get the title. By the way, what round did you get Mercedes in? Also a sweet pick.

• Upvote 1

i honestly think your team is weak. im sure there were better players out there.

Weak? Please, explain.

I literally see no problems with his team, other than running back is a bit "understaffed" but he should have no problems come regular season.

• Upvote 1

i honestly think your team is weak. im sure there were better players out there.

His team is very solid. The only downside is his depth at RB, and I've found depending on how the draft goes it can be difficult to get that this year.

I usually just grab someone behind an injury-prone RB or try to nab someone who seems to be doing better than people may have thought at the beginning of the season.

• Upvote 1

I usually just grab someone behind an injury-prone RB or try to nab someone who seems to be doing better than people may have thought at the beginning of the season.

Yea, I get the two required RBs then load up on WRs (while somewhere getting another RB to warm my bench until the others' byes). I find most of my stud RBs in FA, haha. Always have so I've twisted my draft toward that.

As for the picks above, I like them. I know this board is very pro-Freeman, but there's a good chance he goes into that sophomore slump. May want to keep your eyes open on the QB lines just in case. I really like the receiving squad. It may be powerful enough to counter the running weakness. From what I continue to hear, this year will be more pass-friendly so this may just have ended up perfectly. And was there not a better defense available? Eagles may end up being great trade bait, especially if your RBs don't deliver to your liking.

• Upvote 2

As for the picks above, I like them. I know this board is very pro-Freeman, but there's a good chance he goes into that sophomore slump. May want to keep your eyes open on the QB lines just in case.

+1

Finally somebody that believes Freeman could also do bad next season! I didn't think they're were any others here!

Freeman is heading into his third year.

Yea, I get the two required RBs then load up on WRs (while somewhere getting another RB to warm my bench until the others' byes). I find most of my stud RBs in FA, haha. Always have so I've twisted my draft toward that.

This is all really great stuff

except the trading part.

In my league it costs you

10 points the week you trade.

Thus 105 points become 95.

If you have 2 players out in one week,

you spend twenty points to replace them.

Or accept 0 points from them.

WE have eight active players

and a three player bench.

Every add/drop or trade being

10 points in this weeks game and

overall season score you have to

closely appraise every move.

As for the picks above, I like them. I know this board is very pro-Freeman, but there's a good chance he goes into that sophomore slump. May want to keep your eyes open on the QB lines just in case. I really like the receiving squad. It may be powerful enough to counter the running weakness. From what I continue to hear, this year will be more pass-friendly so this may just have ended up perfectly. And was there not a better defense available? Eagles may end up being great trade bait, especially if your RBs don't deliver to your liking.