Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Obama Ready To Sell America on More Spending

Obama is the king of grand standing.

If you haven't heard, he (his staff) has scheduled his "rare" speech to Congress right before the kickoff of the NFL regular season on September 8th.

He is going to talk about how he is going to save America, and convince us all that we need to create more worthless committees, useless projects to create jobs, and try to sell us all on why we need to spend MORE money that we don't have.

He needs public support, hence scheduling it right before the start of the NFL season where his speech will dominate the news cycle yet again..

Edited by Favre4Ever

Government agencies are overhead, creating more jobs in overhead without creating more revenue, is a recipe for bankruptcy....just like giving yourself higher credit limits, when you're already drowning in debt....

We're all going to become slaves to the bankers....legalize prostitution now, while I am still somewhat marketable....

• Upvote 2

I think the whole thing over what the speech conflicts with is taken a little out of proportion, but I also think it is his typical way of thinking he is better than everyone else. Like people don't care about the GOP debate or the NFL season opener, they'll drop everything to hear him talk. Well I know I'm sure as hell watching the game lol.

Based on what the current political climate is (they can't agree on anything, like Boehner was arguing with Obama on when to have this failed speech, like just fuck off please) this speech will amount to nothing. They should not get any more days off until they actually pass some measures that can help to create jobs, create a real deficit stabilization/reducation plan, and reform the education, healthcare, and energy sectors of America. They need to get some work done to earn the right to take some days off, IMO!

• Upvote 1

Based on what the current political climate is (they can't agree on anything, like Boehner was arguing with Obama on when to have this failed speech, like just fuck off please) this speech will amount to nothing. They should not get any more days off until they actually pass some measures that can help to create jobs, create a real deficit stabilization/reducation plan, and reform the education, healthcare, and energy sectors of America. They need to get some work done to earn the right to take some days off, IMO!

Damn right. My flexibility at work is oftentimes based on how diligently I work. Theirs should be, too.

• Upvote 2

:facepalm:

Just don't have much else to say at this point....

Edited by Phins4life

Y'all serious?

Bush sold America when he signed off on going into Iraq.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Obama's charisma is what got him elected. His voting record was terrible. But I assure you that his timing of anything he does is not accidental or coincidental. He and his advisors are very particular planners.

I don't agree with everything the Bush administration did for sure but the majority of the American people wanted a change so badly they didn't see through the "knight in shining armour" facade that Obama put up.

Oh well there will be another election (not soon enough...and unfortunately I am not convinced on any candidate at the moment).

What we should spend money on is creating new industry like with green technology and improving our mass transit problem. I think this would make us a lot of money and put a lot of people back to work. If you look at opinion polls American's are most concerned with unemployment, not the national debt and I think they're correct in that because the more of us working the more we spend, the more tax revenue our government collects and therefore the less our national debt is. That's not to say there shouldn't be cuts. We should have MASSIVE defense budget cuts and other cuts elsewhere, but investing money to put people to work isn't a bad idea. Especially if working on projects that will make money. It's a win/win situation, but this probably isn't what Obama wants.

• Upvote 1

I am so sick of this Bush VS Obama thing people are arguing. This isn't about George Bush battling Obama for title of best of the worst. This is about THE ESTABLISHMENT verse THE PEOPLE

I think most of us can agree that they both suck. Really though anyone with a D or a R next to their name sucks.

I think most of us can agree that they both suck. Really though anyone with a D or a R next to their name sucks.

I would like to think we are over the Bush VS Obama thing too.. But apparently not.

I am so sick of this Bush VS Obama thing people are arguing. This isn't about George Bush battling Obama for title of best of the worst. This is about THE ESTABLISHMENT verse THE PEOPLE

I'm not at all sick of this, because it's the thought behind every republican insult against Obama. All of the troubles we had when Bush was in office were transferred over to Obama's reign, and now all of a sudden they're his fault? We were in the recession when he got elected. We're out of it now, and he's been trying to fix things such as the lack of jobs. His only real power is the ability to sign his name on a bill. If we're going to blame anybody for the issues in this country, it ought to be the members of Congress.

Let's face it. The party that isn't in the presidential office is more interested in holding a stalemate until the next election than moving toward any kind of progress.

• Downvote 1

I'm not at all sick of this, because it's the thought behind every republican insult against Obama. All of the troubles we had when Bush was in office were transferred over to Obama's reign, and now all of a sudden they're his fault? We were in the recession when he got elected. We're out of it now, and he's been trying to fix things such as the lack of jobs. His only real power is the ability to sign his name on a bill. If we're going to blame anybody for the issues in this country, it ought to be the members of Congress.

Let's face it. The party that isn't in the presidential office is more interested in holding a stalemate until the next election than moving toward any kind of progress.

We aren't out of the recession because of Obama. We aren't out of the recession because he doubled our national debt. We aren't out of the recession because he bailed out all of the bankers and their toxic waste.

There is no Obama VS Bush. There is no Democrats VS Republicans.

We, the people, are fighting for justice. Whatever happened insuring domestic tranquility? Promoting the general welfare? And securing liberty for ourselves and posterity?

• Upvote 2

Dude's been in office for almost 4 years....

He's got to take ownership at some point....

Both Reagan and Clinton took ownership, and made things happen..not sitting around pointing fingers at the prior regime for 4 years.

If his presidency were to end tomorrow, what would his legacy be? He's a lame duck.

Unfortunately, bankers run the country, because of the rampant corruption on Capitol Hill...bankers couldn't give two shits about America, they only care about money and power.

• Upvote 2