Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Numerous Teams Look Worthy of #1 Draft Pick

Tim Tebow WINS football games. Who cares how he does it, he just does it. Denver needs to realize that.

I don't get it when people say this. How does Tebow win football games? Because he did it in college? He's won one total NFL game, he hasn't proven he can just win games in the NFL despite not doing it pretty (ala Vince Young). Now if you want to say Denver should try it and see if he can do it that way, then sure I agree with that. Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn aren't going to win any games and the Broncos aren't a playoff team, so why not? But John Fox is more comfortable with Orton and probably won't stray away from him until the Broncos are officially done.

He's Tim Tebow. Everything Tebow does is pretty. Fact is, he will do what it takes to win and he'll do it with the attitude that it needs to be done with. He's a leader. That's what the Broncos need right now is Leadership. Orton isn't currently, nor will he ever provide that.

Seattle?

Oh my I forgot about T-Jack. For shame.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12)

While they are 1-1, and they do have Maurice Jones-Drew, the Jags could very well be in this conversation due to their horrid QB play and a pretty bad defense. If Blaine Gabbert steps up and plays well, though, with their run-game, the Jags will be out of the conversation pretty soon.

Are you serious? We aren't a good team by any means but really? We didn't look that bad last week other than McCown. The defense managed to hold them under three hundred yards of total offense even though we got beat badly in ToP, MJD managed to get off a couple of big runs and set up quite a few third and shorts for McCown, and we were without our best player, Marcedes Lewis. The QB situtation isn't ideal, but Gabbert should be an upgrade over McCown. Anyway though they're are a lot worse teams out there, see NFC West.

Edited by Alu Alu

Gabbert is starting this week for the Jags. He might not be great this year, but he's a definite upgrade over McCown. Plus, I do believe that even if the Jags were to get that #1 pick and someone offered them quite a bit, they would trade it. I have a feeling they are going to stick with Gabbert. Even against the Jets last week in limited action, he looked pretty solid and poised in the ever collapsing pocket. (If you can call it a pocket)

I think the Jags could be a 7-9 or 8-8 team, especially as horrible as the Colts are, and not to mention they had already beaten the Titans once!

25605d1315240857-pete-carroll-says-seahawks-qb-tarvaris-jackson-tarvaris-jackson.png

We suck more balls than allayallz :yep:

Are you serious? We aren't a good team by any means but really? We didn't look that bad last week other than McCown. The defense managed to hold them under three hundred yards of total offense even though we got beat badly in ToP, MJD managed to get off a couple of big runs and set up quite a few third and shorts for McCown, and we were without our best player, Marcedes Lewis. The QB situtation isn't ideal, but Gabbert should be an upgrade over McCown. Anyway though they're are a lot worse teams out there, see NFC West.

Chill. It's just my opinion. I specifically stated that if Gabbert comes out and plays well, then the Jaguars will be out of the conversation very quickly. I was looking at your schedule, and making the assumption that Blaine plays like a rookie.

You think if Gabbert comes out and plays like Clausen, that the Jags aren't in the conversation?

I like Jacksonville, they're my second-favorite team, I'm simply calling it as I see it. I may be wrong, I may be very wrong- but if Gabbert plays like a rookie, the Jaguars are in the conversation.

Edited by Thanatos19

He's Tim Tebow. Everything Tebow does is pretty. Fact is, he will do what it takes to win and he'll do it with the attitude that it needs to be done with. He's a leader. That's what the Broncos need right now is Leadership. Orton isn't currently, nor will he ever provide that.

Tebow is not a leader in the NFL, maybe in college when he was playing with boys but he is playing with full grown men and till you do shit on the field and win games your not a leader. As of right now he is nothing but a back up back up's qb.

Why are there no calls for Brady Quinn? Because of prior NFL experience, or do the Tebow-people even know Tebow isn't actually the back-up?

Chill. It's just my opinion. I specifically stated that if Gabbert comes out and plays well, then the Jaguars will be out of the conversation very quickly. I was looking at your schedule, and making the assumption that Blaine plays like a rookie.

You think if Gabbert comes out and plays like Clausen, that the Jags aren't in the conversation?

I like Jacksonville, they're my second-favorite team, I'm simply calling it as I see it. I may be wrong, I may be very wrong- but if Gabbert plays like a rookie, the Jaguars are in the conversation.

Even if Gabbert plays like Clausen, we still have a strong ground game to lean on. Our last QB was horrible and we almost won the division last year, and were in the wild card race the year before that. And you think that starting Gabbert puts us "in the conversion", but starting McCown doesn't?

Even if Gabbert plays like Clausen, we still have a strong ground game to lean on. Our last QB was horrible and we almost won the division last year, and were in the wild card race the year before that. And you think that starting Gabbert puts us "in the conversion", but starting McCown doesn't?

Huh. You think Garrard was terrible? I thought he was middle of the pack. Kinda like an Orton. Yeah, he's going to win some games, but he's never going to win games when it counts.

If you have a horrible QB, and everyone thinks he's horrible, you won't be able to run the ball very well. (Look at the Panthers last year, for example.) Teams just stack 8 or 9 in the box and dare you to throw.

And yes, I thought they were in the conversation with McCown as QB, but when I wrote that first post, it was pretty obvious to me that Gabbert was taking over.

I always have a soft spot for Garrard after this:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81c1aac7/Jaguars-Hail-Mary-is-answered

Edited by Thanatos19

So now that we're a bit more than a quarter of the way done, I'd thought I'd resurrect this topic.

Re-done rankings:

1. :Rams: The only reason St. Louis is above Miami is because of their schedule. Of course, they do have the Hawks and Cards to play twice... but the way they are playing right now, I'm not sure even those are winnable.

2. :dolphins: The 'Fins signed Sage Rosenfels instead of Garrard. They are clearly in it to win this thing.

3. :Colts: The Colts are looking much better, but they are still 0-5. Need to figure out a way to put some wins together.

4. :jags: And Gabbert is definitely playing like a rookie. They better be careful that MJD doesn't single-handedly take them out of the picture here.

5. :Chiefs: While they are 2-3, and I suppose you could stick some other teams here, (Carolina, Minnesota, Philly), I'm just not impressed since their two victories are over two other winless teams. However, if they win a 3rd game, that may take themselves out of contention entirely, the way the Rams and Fins are playing.

Edited by Thanatos19