Favre4Ever

Green Bay @ Chicago

NFL's oldest rivalry resumes with added intrigue

Why to watch

Remember the NFC Championship Game? Jay Cutler being knocked from the game, the tweets from Maurice Jones-Drew and all of that? Well, the Bears have already allowed 11 sacks, and the Packers know something about getting to the quarterback.

Inside story

The Bears are one of few teams that match up well with the Packers. They can rush the passer and have stifled Green Bay's prolific offense for long stretches. They can slow the game down when need be, which they showed in that NFC title clash by keeping Aaron Rodgers in check with two TDs and two INTs. Wonder if they can duplicate it again.

Over the course of the Mike McCarthy era, Chicago has always given us the most trouble. Their defense tends to stop Aaron and our offense in our tracks. And to top it all off, the Bears weakness (OLine) is also our weakness (pass rush).

Prediction time!

:Packers: 17

:Bears: 24

Edited by Favre4Ever

I am shocked that F4E is picking da Bears. I'll be at this game and I sure hope we win. Got to be honest with my prediction, though.

:Packers: 31

:Bears: 21

No matter who the coach is, Chicago gives us the most trouble.

:Bears: 27

:Packers: 24

So Bears fans are picking Green Bay to win and Packers fans are picking the Bears to win. Looks like both teams' fans have a lot of respect for each other.

EDIT: Damn. PackerMike got his pick in while I was typing. Oh, well, it still works for the first 4 predictions.

Edited by WindyCitySports

Bears declared S Chris Harris (hamstring, questionable) inactive for Sunday's Week 3 game against Green Bay.

Fellow safety Major Wright (head, questionable) is also inactive. Career backup Craig Steltz and Brandon Meriweather will presumably start.

RB Marion Barber, WR Earl Bennett, T Gabe Carimi, DT Stephen Paea and DT Corey Wootton round out the inactives.

Packers declared RB Alex Green, T Derek Sherrod, DE Mike Neal, LB Frank Zombo, LB Vic So'oto, CB Davon House and S Nick Collins inactive for Week 3 against Chicago.

Green Bay had no doubtful or questionable players on their injury report, with Zombo, Neal and Collins each previously listed as out. Sherrod, the No. 32 overall pick, is a healthy scratch.

This still baffles me... Mike McCarthy says Nick Collins suffered a season ending injury... And he is still on the active roster... I guess they are hoping it isn't that serious.

Aaron penetrating the soft and wet membrane known as the Bears defense.!!!

Never been so happy to be wrong! Woo

Hope Bulaga is okay. He walked into the locker room without help so maybe he just has a light sprain or something.

That punt return by Knox that was called back at the end of the game was sick :yep:

I totally agree. I don't remember who pretended to be catching the punted ball, but whoever it was sold the fake catch extremely well. I didn't even realize the ball went to Knox until he was half way down the field. I don't remember the last time I saw a punt return that was set up so well-good job Chicago. It's a shame you guys had a penalty and ended up losing.

I totally agree. I don't remember who pretended to be catching the punted ball, but whoever it was sold the fake catch extremely well. I didn't even realize the ball went to Knox until he was half way down the field. I don't remember the last time I saw a punt return that was set up so well-good job Chicago. It's a shame you guys had a penalty and ended up losing.

I believe it was Hester. And yea, they had everyone fooled. The entire Packers team and the camera man included :p

I believe it was Hester. And yea, they had everyone fooled. The entire Packers team and the camera man included :p

That sounds right. Yeah, the cameraman didn't even focus onto Knox until he was long gone, past everybody but Mason Crosby. The focus on Hester by the players was well deserved though-I'd much rather put more punt coverage players on Hester than Knox.

Hope Bulaga is okay. He walked into the locker room without help so maybe he just has a light sprain or something.

Bruised knee I think. But I thought Newhouse played pretty well for just being thrown in there. He did have a couple of penalties... but being thrown into action against the Bears defense in Chicago is no easy task.