Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

UPDATED: Henne Opts for Surgey, Done For The Year

And now they've lost Chad Henne.

He's out. He's done for at least a while. His left shoulder is separated badly enough the Dolphins even might have lost him for the year depending on what's decided, according to a source.

This injury won't end Henne's career, though depending on what course of action he decides it might end his time with the Dolphins. He's in his final contract year. All sorts of balls are in the air regarding everyone's future.

You can twist numbers however you want. But these are telling: In his first six games as a starter, Henne posted three, fourth-quarter comeback wins. That's why everyone supported him so strongly for a while.

In his next 25 starts, he had two such wins. This year he has none. And that's why, slowly, surely, the answer seems to come even if it wasn't the full answer through this season.

Sparano probably has to win in the next couple of games to keep his job. And as of now, he has to win with Matt Moore. Will Sparano be asked to survive this way? Is David Garrard on his way to town?

We're not there yet. Whether Henne is out for a while or the season depends on what the doctors say and what Henne decides. He gave his all. You have to feel for him there.

And you have to shake your head that, even in a bye week, the Dolphins suffer a loss.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-hyde-column-1005-20111004,0,7067472.column

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guest MikeyDay

Well Fin fans, what do u think u guys should go at qb? Suck for Luck? I dont think picking Garrard up will anything. Henne has had his chance and i would be surprised to see them bring him back.

This is awesome news :Suicide:

In all seriousness, I'm resolved to the fact that the season my be ending as soon as it began. What I don't want to see is a team that just rolls over and plays dead. I also don't want to see Sparano get fired halfway through the season. I don't like mid-season changes, because the odds are things don't get better. Guys like Garrett seem like the exception...not the rule. Garrard could be a decent back-up plan right now. The only way is up at this point when you are already a bottom feeder.

Odd that Dolphins QB's suffer season ending injuries at the hands of the Chargers.

Looks like Henne is done in Miami, even if he is able to come back from this, during this season.

As others have said, suck for luck is in full throttle

Trade for Orton... please?

So..... Suck for Luck anyone...?

Odd that Dolphins QB's suffer season ending injuries at the hands of the Chargers.

Looks like Henne is done in Miami, even if he is able to come back from this, during this season.

As others have said, suck for luck is in full throttle

Umm...no. Like I said before, I have no delusions that the Dolphins will suddenly become the best team in the AFCE. But to say they are already leading the way for first pick in the draft is ignorant at best. They are a team that can indeed win games if a few things fall into place for them. There are still 12 games left, and no team with a shred of self-respect or integrity would roll over and play dead with this much season left just to get a chance at a quarterback who, despite all the good things about him, is still unproven in the NFL. The long history of success stories in later rounds should pretty much bury that bullshit where it stands. They should play hard till the end, and let the chips fall where they fall. If they do that, and still end up drafting first, at least they can hold their heads a little higher.

Trade for Orton... please?

Maybe we should send a petition to Denver. He's more than welcome down there, I'm sure.

Garrard could be an option if he's in shape. He's a decent option, and can help make plays with his legs which is a bonus. I'm not sure the Broncos would trade Orton, and if they did, I think it'd be later in the season or once the season is over. If I were the Broncos, I'd much rather have Orton starting over Tebow. I'm interested to see how this plays out. Miami could go after a backup QB who's impressed people, such as Matt Flynn of the Green Bay Packers, or Brian Hoyer of the New England Patriots (that'd be good for them in more than one way).

UPDATE: Chad Henne opts fo surgery, is done for year

Chad Henne has opted for shoulder surgery and will miss the rest of the season, sources tell NFL.com's Jeff Darlington.

Henne's left (non-throwing) shoulder separation was severe enough that it needs to be repaired surgically. Despite taking a step forward with his play this season, Henne's season ends with an 0-4 record and 4:4 TD-to-INT ratio. He'll enter free agency with both health and ability questions. The Dolphins will turn to Matt Moore for now as both Jake Delhomme and David Garrard have passed on offers. Miami is in the thick of the Suck for Luck race.

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter Oct 6 - 11:51 AM

They opted for Sage Rosenfels. So I'm guessing Matt Moore will start for them the rest of the year barring injury. Looking like a lost season for Miami.

If I were the Broncos, I'd much rather have Orton starting over Tebow.

Don't tell that to Skip Bayless, dude has a serious man crush on him.

Poor, poor Dolphins ...

Don't tell that to Skip Bayless, dude has a serious man crush on him.

"serious" is an understatement. Bayless wants to fondle his man part I swear :yep: