Sign in to follow this  
badgers

TGP Week 5 Power Rankings

Do them quickly please or I'll get bitched at for not having it done in time...

Also please post comments for SOME so that I have more variety to choose from when publishing this. Choosing between 3 people isn't very fun.

I'll do mine later cuz I have class.

1. :Packers: (5-0) - Completely shut out the Falcons after their first two drives. They've got an easy task hosting the Rams next week, then a visit to weak rival Minnesota for a good chance to enter their bye 7-0.

2. :Saints: (4-1) - Struggled to put away the Panthers but I won't hold it against him, Newton has been neck 'n neck with just about everyone this year.

3. :Lions: (5-0) - The Thanksgiving matchup between Green Bay and Detroit is looking more and more like a delightful feast as each week passes!

4. :Patriots: (4-1) - A convincing win over the Jets puts the Patriots in a battle with Buffalo for the division lead.

5. :Ravens: (3-1) - They got a defense that can carry them to the Super Bowl. Let's just hope that Flacco doesn't undermine them too much.

6. :Bills: (4-1) - Bounced back well after a disappointing loss to Cincinnati, but then again it was only the LolEagles.

7. :49ers: (4-1) - I partly feel bad for excluding them from my top 20 last week but they absolutely creamed Tampa so they deserve No. 7.

8. :Raiders: (3-2) - I think the idea of playing for the late-great Al Davis will inspire them to play to a supernatural ability. Watch out for this team. Plus Darren McFadden, so...

9. :Texans: (3-2) - Hard to hold off Oakland after such an emotional game.

10. :Giants: (3-2) - It was about time for the Giants' random buttwhoopin'.

11. :Steelers: (3-2) - Thorough ass whooping on the Titans jumps these guys up quite a bit from last week.

12. :Chargers: (4-1) - Still not convinced.

13. :Redskins: (3-1) - I've been pleasantly surprised with their success this year.

14. :Titans: (3-2) - They started out strong, wasn't expecting them to get beat that bad against Pittsburgh, though.

15. :Bengals: (3-2) -

16. :Jets: (2-3) - Talk about a disappointment. They haven't been as bad as Philly, though.

17. :Bucs: (3-2) - Not sure what to think about them. But Atlanta is failing hard so even their inconsistency stands a chance as of right now.

18. :panthers: (2-3) - Cam Newton has shown promise, but they just can't get the wins they need.

19. :Bears: (2-3) - Jay Cutler showed a rare, honorable effort Monday night but that team still fails. The offensive line basically shit themselves just looking at Detroit's D-Line.

20. :Falcons: (2-3) - You can talk the talk...but can you walk the walk...? No.

21. :Cowboys: (2-2) - I'm dropping them a bit here. I just have a "feeling" they go here. No real evidence.

22. :Browns: (2-2) - They're decent, but they still can't compete for the division.

23. :Eagles: (1-4) - I've run out of things to say for this fail of a team.

24. :Cardinals: (1-4) - You lost to the Vikings? Really?

25. :Broncos: (1-4) - It's officially Tebow time.

26. :seahawks (2-3) - Beat NYG pretty bad, but I still don't trust their QB situation. Or their situation in general.

27. :Chiefs: (2-3) - Showed some spunk in week 5. But you had to come back to win?

28. :Vikings: (1-4) - Congrats you finally got a win. McNabb should probably step aside soon but this is probably good for Ponder to get some viewing time instead of jumping right in.

29. :Rams: (0-4) - I truly believe that they are 0-5 due to injuries and strength of schedule. Just a stroke of very bad luck here.

30. :jaguars: (1-4) - These guys are actually failing pretty hard right about now. If you didn't already know it, Jack Del Rio is on the hot seat. And it's turned up to max heat.

31. :Colts: (0-5) - Curtis Painter gets closer every week. Can't wait to see him get a win. Also can't wait to see what fail team he gets it against.

32. :dolphins: (0-4) - I think there's a select few college teams that would beat the Miami Dolphins right now.

Edited by gobadgers77

1. :Packers:

Just another great day from the packers defense, after giving up TD's the first two drives, they completely locked down the Falcons and took them to school.

2. :Saints:

3. :Lions:

Who needs time of possession when you can take it down the field in massive chunks every drive. Chicago didn't stand against that offense, or the penetration factor of their Dline.

4. :Ravens:

5. :Bills:

Forcing Turnovers, efficient play by your QB, and a heavy focus on their best offensive weapon and the Bills are a team to fear. Still, I'm waiting for the inevitable Buffalo failure. They've parlayed big starts into 7-9 finishes before.

6. :Patriots:

7. :49ers:

2011 49ers: Running up the score... Where the hell were you Alex Smith?

8. :Steelers:

Defense is old and slow, Offensive line is utterly pathetic (I'm thinking last sunday was an aberration), this team gets by on the body of Big Ben.

9. :Chargers:

They have 4 wins against teams with losing records, the only reason they aren't lower is because the Chargers didn't fluke away one of those games. They've got the Jets, Packers and Raiders in three of the next four games, so let's see if they can beat a good team this year.

10. :Raiders:

11. :Redskins:

12. :Giants:

13. :Titans:

14. :Texans:

15. :Bucs:

Anyone want to tell me why Josh Freeman regressed so much? The Bucs retaining a lot of shitty players and that hurts the team in both the short and long term, but having the Franchise QB play like a rookie was not part of the plan, I'm sure.

16. :Bengals:

17. :Bears:

18. :Jets:

19. :Browns:

20. :Cowboys:

21. :Falcons:

22. :panthers:

23. :Chiefs:

24. :Eagles:

The Scream Team. Heh... so original... like the Eagles choking.

25. :Broncos:

It only took 5 games, but it's finally Tebow time. We can go into next year content that we have a shot at Matt Barkley.

26. :Seahawks:

27. :Cardinals:

28. :jags:

Gabbert has a bright future in this league... as a pretty backup QB. Brady Quinn sends the warmest regards.

29. :Vikings:

30. :Colts:

31. :Rams:

So... Sam Bradford isn't that good, how long until the hype train ends? Ric Mirer was a very apt comparison. The Defense seems to have regressed as well, and now Spags might be in some trouble, since the Rams actually have expectations this year.

32. :dolphins:

The bye week didn't bring good news, Chad Henne is gone, leaving Matt Moore the only remaining option. Even worse, they were turned down by Trent Edwards, and haven't even considered Garrard as a replacement. Long year for the Phins...

... might be more later.

Edited by RazorStar
  • Upvote 1

1. :Packers: (-) -And their defense stepped up, exactly when it needed to. This team is the best in the NFL, and it is looking more and more like the Packers are going to be the #1 seed in the NFC.

2. :Patriots: (-) -The Pats got a bit of revenge on the Jets, but I think they'd rather have the win in the playoffs last year. They also utilized a good run-game, albeit against New York, and their defense played solid.

3. :Lions: (+1) -Their offensive line stepped up big-time against the Bears, helping Jahvid Best run for over 150 yards, the sole thing that had been missing from Detroit's offense. The secondary is still suspect, but every other aspect of this team is clicking.

4. :Saints: (-1) -The Saints drop a spot because of their suspect showing against Carolina. They converted when they needed to, but the Panthers should have been beaten by two touchdowns or more the way that game was going. They let Carolina hang around, and nearly paid for it with a loss. Brees is just as hot as ever, though.

5. :Ravens: (-) -Bye week in Baltimore, and the Ravens stay put at #5. Texans coming to town next week for what should be a good test of the Ravens overall.

6. :Bills: (-) -Nice rebound against Philadelphia. Their defense is reminding me of the Saints D during New Orleans Super Bowl run. Lots of takeaways are always great news for a team. If any team in the AFC can stop the Pats run to the #1 seed, it's them or Baltimore.

7. :49ers: (+6) -Where did that come from? The Niners looked unstoppable Sunday against a previously good defense. This is what we expected last year from San Fran, who are running away with the NFC West now. Huge test at Detroit next week.

8. :Raiders: (+4) -The Raiders showed a lot of heart hanging in there against Houston, and playing the day after their iconic owner died looked to have helped the team emotionally. They wanted to win more than Houston, and it showed. Favorites for the AFC West crown at this point in the season.

9. :Texans: (-2) -Houston was feeling Andre's loss Sunday, and losing Mario Williams for the season didn't help any. Still, it was a good Raiders team playing an emotionally charged game. The Texans aren't going anywhere.

10. :Redskins: (+1) -Bye week for Washington sees them move up a spot with losses by the Giants and Tampa. Next up is the imploding Philadelphia Eagles.

11. :Chargers: (+3) -Last week I said the Chargers 3-1 record was probably inflated, and simply because they are now 4-1 doesn't change my opinion at all. They nearly allowed Denver to come back and win, and if a fortuitous, (and horrible), unnecessary roughness wasn't given to them by the refs which enabled them to run off nearly all of the clock, Tebow could easily have engineered the comeback. The Raiders are the team to beat in the West, not San Diego. Despite that, with the other teams imploding around them, they get a jump in the rankings.

12. :Steelers: (+5) -Well, there's the Big Ben that we all know and love. Or hate. Despite playing on an injured foot, Ben tossed five touchdown passes against Tennessee, and helped the Steelers to quell some questions about whether Pitt was even going to make the playoffs this season. At least, for now.

13. :Titans: (-5) -If I could figure out which Titans team will show up at a game, maybe I could predict one of their games correctly. Inconsistent play so far, but very much in the thick of things with Houston also losing. Of course, that means they blew their chance to move past the Texans in the race for the AFC South crown. Bye week up next gives them a chance to figure out what went wrong against Pitt.

14. :Giants: (-5) -And the Giants laid an egg. A big one. Losing to the Hawks, at *home*, even. For shame. The way the East is losing games, it looks like they're trying to hand the division to Washington.

15. :Cowboys: (+1) -Bye week for Dallas hopefully has prepared them for the Patriots. Going to New England is never easy, and even if the good Tony Romo shows up, the Cowboys would still have to pull off a tremendous team effort to beat Brady and the Pats.

16. :Bengals: (+5) -Dalton showing great poise in the pocket and engineering a comeback win for the second week in a row. All right, it was against the lowly Jaguars, but it was still impressive for a rookie quarterback whose main target is a rookie wide receiver.

17. :Bucs: (-7) -The Bucs got absolutely dominated in all phases of the game. Hopefully the good old-fashioned butt-kicking they received at the hands of the Niners wakes them up rather than demoralizes them.

18. :Falcons: (-3) -Atlanta's offense looked like Green Bay's on the first two drives of the game Sunday night, and then it looked like the Rams for the rest of the game. Dom Capers made adjustments and the Falcons never responded to them. Atlanta needs to step it up, Carolina is coming to town next week, and if they drop to 2-4, it would be a long uphill climb out of that hole.

19. :Jets: (-) -They put up more of a fight against the Pats than some were expecting, but New England is a division opponent who they generally do play well against. Next up is Miami and a loss against the Dolphins would pretty much signal the end for New York. If you can't beat Miami this year, you might as well start looking towards next year.

20. :Bears: (-2) -Did Chicago really have nine false starts against Detroit? That offensive line is just horrible. Forget making the playoffs or even having a winning record, the question in Chicago is whether Jay Cutler is going to *survive* the year.

21. :Seahawks: (+3) -Impressive performance against the Giants solidifies the Seahawks as the second-best team in the NFC West. Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean all that much. Bye week up next for Seattle.

22. :panthers: (+1) -The Panthers are 3 little mistakes away from being 4-1 instead of 1-4. The team has lots of talent and can hang with anyone, but just can't quite take the next step. Impressive showing against New Orleans on Sunday, but another game that Carolina should have won just slipped away at the end.

23. :Browns: (-1) -Bye week in Cleveland hopefully helped them to answer some of the questions from the Titans pounding of them a week ago. Next up is Oakland, in Oakland.

24. :Broncos: (+2) -Denver changing to Tebow at quarterback might give the team a spark. They certainly seemed to play harder against San Diego once he was put in, and nearly pulled off the improbable comeback win. McGahee stepping up as the starter for runningback as well, and the Broncos may have just answered two of their most pressing questions in one week.

25. :Eagles: (-5) -So much for the Dream Team. Vick looked horrible the first half of the game, and his receivers have got to step up and make the catch for him, or at least not bat it into the hands of the other team. I'm done making excuses for them. The Eagles are a bad team with lots of talent who can't get it done when it counts.

26. :Cardinals: (-1) -Dropping a game to winless Minnesota isn't going to improve your rankings. Adrian Peterson ran all over the Cardinals, and Kevin Kolb looked lost at times. Err, I mean, all the time. Cards have a lot of questions to answer over the bye week.

27. :Chiefs: (+2) -Impressive comeback win against Indy, but why were they up 21 on you in the first place? The Chiefs have only beaten the lowly Vikes and Colts, but they are definitely looking better than a couple weeks ago. Bye week up next gives them time to regroup and try to turn around their season.

28. :Vikings: (+2) -The Vikings finally figured out that to win ballgames, they need to feed AP. The Ponder era should be starting soon in Minnesota, and with Peterson helping out on the ground, they should be able to ease him into the starting job.

29. :Colts: (-1) -Heartbreaker against Kansas City. Curtis Painter is showing that maybe he has learned more than we previously thought while sitting under Peyton, and the Colts run-game showing a little life. Despite that, the Colts are 0-5, and looking like a good bet for a top-5 pick in the draft.

30. :jags: (-3) -MJD is still the entirety of the Jags offense. Or perhaps better said- the only threat Jacksonville has. The Jags did put up double their average amount of points per game against Cincy... but that doesn't mean much when your average points per game is ten.

31. :dolphins: (-1) -Bye week in Miami sees them fall a spot with the news that Henne is done for the season. Division rivals in New York up next, an upset is improbable, but stranger things have happened in the NFL.

32. :Rams: (-) -Bye week leaves the Rams in last. The news that Amendola is done for the season certainly doesn't hurt their chances of the #1 overall pick, but they'll have to fend off the Dolphins for it. Next up is Green Bay, in Green Bay. Now THAT would be an upset.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

Thanks guys, let's get a few more here please. Otherwise it'll end up like last week not getting to be on the front page lmao.

1. :Packers: Quietly, the Packers have defeated 3 of last years 5 playoff teams from the NFC.

2. :Saints:

3. :Ravens:

4. :Lions: Still think they are over hyped a bit, but until they lose, it's hard to argue them being any lower.

5. :Bills:

6. :Patriots:

7. :49ers: The offense is clicking with Frank Gore and Alex Smith, and the defense ranks among one of the leagues best. I am not sure how long they can keep this up, but it's nice to see that the potential is still there.

8. :Steelers:

9. :Raiders:

10. :Chargers:

11. :Redskins:

12. :Giants:

13. :Texans:

14. :Titans:

15. :Bucs:

16. :Bengals:

17. :Jets:

18. :panthers: Cam Newton looks like a rookie, and Ron Rivera is putting A LOT on his shoulders early on. It's a bit concerning... But they are getting results everywhere but in the win column.

19. :Cowboys:

20. :Bears:

21. :Falcons: The Falcons went into this offseason looking to morph their offense. Thus, they traded traded way up to acquire playmaking WR Julio Jones. It hasn't worked at all... So the Falcons went back to their clock management, punishing offense verse Green Bay but could only keep it up for a half.

22. :Browns:

23. :Eagles: This dream has morphed into a nightmare.

24. :Chiefs:

25. :Broncos:

26. :Vikings:

27. :Seahawks:

28. :Cardinals:

29. :jags:

30. :Colts:

31. :Rams: The expectations were so high for this team... Is Sam Bradford REALLY the future?

32. :dolphins: The Dolphins went out... snatched QB Trent Edwards off a golf course somewhere... Offered him a job, and then swiftly got denied. Talk about embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

18. :panthers: Cam Newton looks like a rookie...

He does?

Edited by Thanatos19

2. :Patriots: (-) -The Pats got a bit of revenge on the Jets, but I think they'd rather have the win in the playoffs last year. They also discovered a run-game, albeit against New York, and their defense played solid.

Discovered? They've been running the ball quite well all season thus far. Hence why they're ranked 6th in rushing. :yep:

• Upvote 1

He does?

I half-agree with both statements here.

I think he makes plenty of rookie mistakes (mainly forcing the ball where there's no play to be made) but on the other hand he can play as well as someone who's been in the league for a few years.

Discovered? They've been running the ball quite well all season thus far. Hence why they're ranked 6th in rushing. :yep:

This is for people who do rankings. If you won't post your own, you don't get to comment on mine.

(Only half-joking)

Not like that, they haven't. They've been solid, but Brady been's leading them up and down the field. Against the Jets, the run-game just took over. Much to my fantasy team's disappointment, by the way.

There, I softened the wording a bit. Discovered was a bit too harsh.

Edited by Thanatos19

Haha, the thread is completely open to discussion to anybody, but all TGP members are encouraged to submit their own rankings to make the rankings more exact. Submit comments if you want, too. But if you don't have time, you aren't required to do that either.

I half-agree with both statements here.

I think he makes plenty of rookie mistakes (mainly forcing the ball where there's no play to be made) but on the other hand he can play as well as someone who's been in the league for a few years.

First- couple corrections for ya in your rankings: Panthers are 1-4, not 2-3 and Rams are 0-4, not 0-5.

Oh and the Jaguars symbol is done by using the word Jags.

He made a horrible throw last Sunday, not really forcing it, just totally misjudged where the route was going. Or maybe it was miscommunication. Other than that, he really cleaned up the errors. But yeah, I guess I see your point in the rest of the games. Still, if this is how he plays as a rookie... let's just say things are looking up. :)

Also, this thread should be week *6* power rankings, no? Last week the topic was week 5 power rankings.

Edited by Thanatos19

Yeah I think I doubly fucked up the title lol. This is power rankings FOR WEEK 6. Not 5 lol.

I'd like to get some more people participating, come on guys post up some rankings. I'll be posting these to the front page on Saturday October 16, at approximately 10PM EST. So please post your rankings before 9PM EST on that date, thank you!

1.:Packers: While the passrush is still not doing as well as it was last year, the D found a way to shut down Ryan after those first 2 drives. Rodgers still looks almost unstoppable.

2.:Patriots:

3.:Saints: Tempted to put them above the Pats but the Pats win against the Jets is more convincing than a close call with the Panthers

4.:Ravens:

5.:Lions:

6.:Bills:

7.:Steelers:

8.:Raiders:

9.:49ers:

10.:Texans:

11.:Chargers:

12.:Giants:

13.:Redskins:

14.:Bengals:

15.:Titans:

16.:Bucs:

17.:Jets:

18.:Bears:

19.:Falcons:

20.:Cowboys:

21.:panthers:

22.:Seahawks:

23.:Eagles:

24.:Browns:

25.:Broncos:

26.:Chiefs:

27.:Vikings:

28.:Cardinals:

29.:jags:

30.:dolphins:

31.:Rams:

32.:Colts:

Sorry this is a bit late and I don't provide much explanation but school and work are keeping me busy for the most part.

• Upvote 1

No problem, we all get busy :)

Thanks for taking the time to rank them, though!

1. Green Bay Packers (5-0) - Nothing to really say here. They just keep winning.

2. Detroit Lions (5-0) - At some point the luck has to run out. Best won't have another running performance like he did against the Bears.

3. New England Patriots (4-1) - Have become balanced on offense. Makes them even more dangerous

4. Buffalo Bills (4-1) - I know they beat the Patriots but I don't see them winning the division like I do the Patriots.

5. New Orleans Saints (4-1) - Near the end of a three game road trip. Defense needs to tighten up in the run game.

6. Baltimore Ravens (3-1) - Flacco needs to find some consistentcy. Maybe the BYE week helped.

7. San Francisco 49'ers (4-1) - Jim Harbaugh is leading candidate for the annual 1st year coach leads team to playoffs award. Seems to happen every year and this year it's him.

8. Washinton Redskins (3-1) - Sigh. I don't know. I like the defense but just keep waiting Rex Grossman to completely blow it.

9. San Diego Chargers (4-1) - Congratulations. You've beaten four bad teams and have allowed 109 points. Compared to Detroit beating five teams an only allowing 89. I'm not convinced.

10. Oakland Raiders (3-2) - Won't be long before they overtake the Chargers. Just win baby!

11. Cincinnati Bengals (3-2) - Defense has kept them in most games. Andy Dalton has won them a few.

12. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2) - Even with injuries have shown they can still win. But Big Ben can only take so much punishment behind that O-line.

13. Tennessee Titans (3-2) - Lose games they should win. Win games they should lose. If I didn't know better I would say Jeff Fischer is still the coach.

14. Houston Texans (3-2) - Mario Williams gone for the year. Andre Johnson out for awhile. Matt Shaub is even hurt. Things don't look good it what was supposed to be their year.

15. New York Giants (3-2) - Yet another wishy washy team. At least its not all Eli's fault.

16. Tampa Bay Bucaneers (3-2) - Youth is started to catch up to them. Freeman is in a sophmore slump of sorts. Time for the coaching staff to play to his strengths. Earnest Gramham more than capable replacement for the injured Blount.

17. Dallas Cowboys (2-2) - Miles Austin and Dez Bryant are back. A huge boost for Romo. Things might be turning around.

18. Atlanta Falcons (2-3) - The sooner the coaching staff realizes that Turner his past his prime and the defense isn't what they thought it was the quicker they can turn things around. Or maybe the coaching staff just needs to learn how to make adjusments to the gameplan.

19. Chicago Bears (2-3) - I almost feel sorry for Cutler. Almost.

20. Carolina Panthers (1-4) - Have been in every game so far. Cam is better than I expected but needs to tighten up in the passing game. Should be running Williams and Stewart more than relying on Cam's arm and feet.

21. New York Jets (2-3) - Ground and pound. Ground and pound. With who? :shrug:

22. Seattle Seahawks (2-3) - Congratulations Pete Carroll. You just knocked yourself out of the Luck sweepstakes.

23. Arizona Cardninals (1-4) - Is it Kolb? Is it coaching? Is it. who cares. It's the Cards.

24. Philadelphia Eagles (1-4) - A recent secret investigation revealed that Owner Jeffery Lurie made an even swap of teams with Daniel Snyder during the lockout.

25. Kansas City Chiefs (2-3) - Look out, the Chiefs have won 2 in a row. Or don't look out. Whatever.

26. Cleveland Browns (2-2) - High hopes. Two years from now.

27. Minnesota Vikings (1-4) - Finally remembered they had Adrian Peterson for more than one half of games.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4) - Jack Del Rio! Come on down! You are on FIRE!!!!!!!! If fact the only person who might be hotter than you right now is

29. Miami Dolphins (0-4) - That guy who coaches in Miami! Can't remember his name and don't feel like I need to look it up. With Henne out Matt Moore is your saviour.

30. Indianapolis Colts (0-5) - Is it me or does Curtis Painter look like Tom Brady last year right when he woke up before he put his makeup on? On a serious note the Colts do look like they are getting a little bit better every week.

31. Denver Broncos (1-4) - It's Tebow time finally. Now the fans can start cheering for Quinn.

32. St. Louis Rams (0-4) - You mean there is going to be a Destination Truth marathon on SyFy on the 17th? Oh wait. I'm supposed to talk about the Rams.................A marathon?!?! Hell Yeah!

• Upvote 2

8. Washinton Redskins (3-1) - Sigh. I don't know. I like the defense but just keep waiting Rex Grossman to completely blow it.

You and me both, man.

20. Carolina Panthers (1-4) - Have been in every game so far. Cam is better than I expected but needs to tighten up in the passing game. Should be running Williams and Stewart more than relying on Cam's arm and feet.

Eefluxx for Carolina's coach?

Eefluxx is a prophet.

Now say, "I keep waiting for Carolina to actually finish ballgames."

Eefluxx is a prophet.

Now say, "I keep waiting for Carolina to actually finish ballgames."

I can't do that being a Saints fan. If I was a fan from another division then I would.

I can't do that being a Saints fan. If I was a fan from another division then I would.

"I keep waiting for Carolina to finish ballgames if they're not playing the Saints?"

Didn't you want us to take Atlanta back a game? We're not the threat, the Bucs and the dirty birds are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1