Sign in to follow this  
RANGA

Suh To Meet With Goodell - Wonders Why He Gets Fined So Much

"Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is scheduled to meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell this week to discuss fines he has received from the league this season, according to Fox Sports reporter and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer.

What makes the situation unique is that it was Suh who requested the meeting in New York. Glazer reported Suh is looking for an explanation of what he's doing wrong, while also pleading his case why he shouldn't be getting fined."

Tired of the growing perception that he's a dirty player, tired of getting fined for making hard plays, Suh will meet with Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday.

"It's more or less just to get an understanding of how they want to look at my play," Suh said after the 45-10 win Sunday. "It's just an opportunity to have a great dialogue and see what I can take out of the meeting. If it's nothing, then it's nothing. If it's something, then it's something."

Suh has been fined three times the last two years. Last week, amid reports from Falcons players that he taunted quarterback Matt Ryan while he lay prone on the field (which Suh denied), Suh challenged anybody to show him clips of him making dirty plays.

"Go back and watch the film and then come to me and point to where I made mistakes," he said. "Point to where I cut somebody, where I hit somebody late in the back. Let me know. I want to see it."

wtf.gif

Edited by RANGA

i admire the idea...

but i'd think it'd be cooler if he'd ask Goodell why he's turkey slapping the general NFL with his money penis.

Hasn't Suh's elders taught him not to play with fire? Nothing good can possibly come out of this. Just going to get even more fines after the fact.

Anybody else find this hilarious? The kid obviously hits late, and he doesn't think so. Really, dude? Really? Come on. He's the only person on earth who doesn't think he deserved his fines.

Bernard Pollard should go visit... maybe he could get some refs fired :dry:

tired of getting a reputation as a dirty player? Here's some advice:

I can see the news already.

It's been reported that the meeting between Roger Goodell and Suh didn't go so well. Unhappy with the answers he received, Suh promptly grabbed Goodell by the head, twisted, and slammed him to the ground.

Guest Phailadelphia

Kid's gonna get laughed right out of the league office.

It was nothing more then a informational meeting that was overblown by the media. It's not really that big of a deal, but he released a statement today.

"I am very appreciative of the opportunity to sit and speak with the Commissioner and his staff to clarify a few questions about my play, and the game in general. I have gained a better understanding how I need to continue to play the game to help my team win.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/article-1/Ndamukong-Suh-releases-statement-following-meeting-with-Commissioner/d2fff802-6d7d-446e-a73d-6a26c9b471cb

It was nothing more then a informational meeting that was overblown by the media. It's not really that big of a deal, but he released a statement today.

I agree with those statements.