Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

realistically it should take about half an hour for someone..do you know how hard it is to have 6 hours in game which is nothing to find the quest, buy the gem, buy the spell, go kill someone, and go find the guy at some random place in the middle of nowhere, go to another place in the middle of nowhere in about 10 minutes realtime?

I don't want it to be realistic, I want to play it to have some fun and spending 2 hours doing something i dont want to do seems awful to me...I mean they should at least let you choose if you want to be one or not and not just give you the disease simply because you talked to a random someone and end up doing a quest. There was a reason I played almost no games before just recently..

And does sleeping really help in this game, i saw it gives you 10% leveling or something and my guy probably has 0 hours..and where do you check if they're wellrested or not?

Did someone put a gun to your head and force you to go get cured? Seriously, play as a vampire. Or reload one of the autosaves. If you seriously went through all four autosaves without realizing that you had vampirism, that is NOT the fault of the game. They do everything in their power to let you know, "Hey, bud, you're contracting vampirism."

This is a role-playing game. Meaning that to give you a "choice" as to whether or not you contract vampirism is stupid and immersion-breaking. You wouldn't get a choice if there really was such a thing as a vampire who bit you. "Oh no, thanks, Alfred, I don't think I would care to contract vampirism." "Oh very well, sir. Would you care for some tea?"

What exactly did you want, a message to pop up on screen asking, "You have been bitten by a vampire. Would you like to contract vampirism?"

realistically it should take about half an hour for someone..do you know how hard it is to have 6 hours in game which is nothing to find the quest, buy the gem, buy the spell, go kill someone, and go find the guy at some random place in the middle of nowhere, go to another place in the middle of nowhere in about 10 minutes realtime?

You DO realize you can still cure vampirism even once it's reached stage 5? It's actually an awesome quest.

There was no time limit on rushing to do it as if it was the only thing you could possibly have done in the game.

Edited by Thanatos19

Killed my first Elder Dragon :corn:

Although.. the battle was made much easier because it happened near where I finished a Companion quest... In which I had Farkas, Vilkos, and Aela with me. lmao.

lol^

For Vampirism, as soon as you get it AND if you don't want it, just drink a Cure All Diseases potion. You would always have one on you, not that hard O_O

Lvl 32 now, finally have Element Block perk so I don't get owned by fire and frost from dragons and ALL necromancers >_>

My Sneak is on 52 (as a warrior, lol) and got the 15x dagger perk. Becomes 30x with Ancient Shrouded Gloves and even more with my one-handed damage gear. Just one hit noobs now

Also married that bitch Aela :D Hottest in the game after Hroki in Markath. (WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU MARRY HROKI??? Really need to fix that in a patch. I'd rather lag and freeze a million times over than be unable to marry Hroki D: )

I'd love some tea and not get vampirism <_<

It goes to Stage 5?

Hey its not my fault i didnt realize i had a disease and do anything about it :shifty:

I'd love some tea and not get vampirism <_<

It goes to Stage 5?

Hey its not my fault i didnt realize i had a disease and do anything about it :shifty:

From what I understand, stage 4 is the end limit. In order to reach stage 5, you have to be a stage 4 vampire and die. Apparently you then return to life as a stage 5 vampire. This, however, is only a rumor, though I did see it happen to a friend, kinda. I saw that he was a vampire, and I saw he died and came back to life, (the game did not load a save, I mean). However, I can find nothing on this anywhere on the 'net. Maybe no one else has found it yet, unlikely. Or maybe it was a really weird glitch that also gave him better resistances.

And yeah it was. Like I said, if you had listened to the NPCs the very first one would have mentioned you look rather pale and should probably go pray to whatever god was closest to their town in order to get cured.

Hardcore grinding and am now lvl 49. It would seem I behave more like an assassin with my 72 sneak than a warrior now (with pretty much 100 everything). Walk around in Daedric awesome armor though. FINALLY found Daedric arrows (like 5) and Ebony arrows (60). Came across my first Elder Dragon and got eaten >_>

Reloaded and it was only a Blood Dragon. Guess I'll still be waiting to slay my first Elder........

And the College of Winterhold quests are fucked.

I'm back home for five weeks with my shitty laptop= no Skyrim, unfortunately.

I have finished the main Companion arc and have yet to voluntarily turn into a werewolf... >_> lol

Lvl 52 and slayed my first Ancient Dragon :D

Got fucked on the first time. Lucky it was right in the middle of a Winterhold College quests IN the college, so I had like 20 mages to help >_>

Got my armor rating to 730 (probz end up on 850 after perks) and my sword to 120. My Bow does 200 but since I always use sneak with bow, its pretty much 600 XD

I STOMP KUNTS.

Level 16 <_<

Been doing mainly college quests lately, its starting lag BIGTIME so yeah, gonna stop playing til they come out with this new patch..<_<

I had a glitch in one of the thieves guild missions. Level 20 wood elf just got the game last thrusday. No lag for me thus far.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Haven't played in a couple days... Thinking that I am going to have to start up the Thieves Guild story arc. Haven't even joined them yet. Trying to do some other random quests, acquire currency, buy houses, etc etc.

thieve's guild glitched on me T_T

killing all the NPCs in riften coz I hate riften. and coz I can.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214601p1.html

Bethesda has confirmed that Skyrim will receive multiple, large pieces of DLC. According to director Todd Howard, the goal of new DLC releases will be to find "ways to make the game better, not just have more, because the game is so big. So we're going through ideas right now, and processing everything people are doing in the game, and trying to think of ways that we can improve it."

Howard said that the releases "don't have a timetable," but that they'll be substantial. "They won't be quick," he said, "and they'll have a lot of meat on them."

He added that players shouldn't expect any multiplayer Skyrim releases in the future. While he wouldn't rule out the possibility entirely, he said that it isn't Bethesda's current goal.

"You can never say never to anything like that," Hoaward said, "but it's not what our focus is. This type of game is where our hearts are, what we get excited about, and that's what we want to focus on. We don't want to lose that focus and we never want to sacrifice anything in the single-player game just to have it be multiplayer."

Previously, Microsoft announced that the first two DLC packs for Skyrim would be exclusive to Xbox Live for 30 days. It's not known if the timed exclusive will apply to DLC beyond that.

Source: Joystiq.

I would absolutely love to have multiplayer, just having the ability to invite someone else into your world, and just horse around. It'd be fun- but it shouldn't be a priority.

Right now, having some more to the main quest lines would be fun, maybe going after some Thalmor spies or supply lines in preparation for the war, (from the rebels side, Idk if the Imperial side also would being preparing for a war against the Thalmor).

More shouts would also be awesome. I found one that lets me see the heat of people's bodies, so I can do some x-ray vision and figure out where enemies are, and how many there are. It glitched once on me and the whole screen turned red like there was 50 enemies in the next room. That was fun, too.

Most of Skyrim's glitches are fun. This one might be the best I've seen so far:

http://kotaku.com/5866880/skyrims-flying-louis-letrush-and-his-amazing-bear-flambeau

Edit: Also, this guy is simply incredible. He takes screenshots of lots of games, but he has a ton of Skyrim on page 3-5.

http://deadendthrills.com/page/3/

This is one of his Skyrim screenshots just to give you an idea:

35bz603.jpg

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

thats sick^

finished the game a few days. absolutely destroyed alduin coz i was lvl 52 lmao.

taking a break from it i guess. when i come back i'll make a mage - probz high elf

I just started playing again after a week or so without. The dragons that I have fought (at least the last two) have had actual names instead of being "blood Dragon" or "dragon" is there a reason for that? Does it have to do with my meeting the dragon at the spine?

That would be because they are dragons critical to the main questline. They are way harder than dragons encountered randomly.

I am actually about to fight Alduin in Sovngarde at level 19...this could be interesting. I had no idea that I was so close to the end of the main quest.

I must say, I find it fascinating to sit and listen to the conversations that the NPC's have, especially the Jarl's and the commanders of their armies. It really adds a level of depth to the game, to hear all of this going on, while you are trying to avert another catastrophe.

Well...the ending was extremely weak. Sorely disappointed.

:(

Oh well, I like TES for their immersive worlds and sandbox gameplay more than the Main Quest and story line. I almost feel as if those things are just an aside to "here's the world, have fun and do whatever you like. I hope you enjoy the hours we spent on making awesome dungeons and places to explore. PS, don't mind the glitches."

:(

Oh well, I like TES for their immersive worlds and sandbox gameplay more than the Main Quest and story line. I almost feel as if those things are just an aside to "here's the world, have fun and do whatever you like. I hope you enjoy the hours we spent on making awesome dungeons and places to explore. PS, don't mind the glitches."

Well, yeah, except for the fact that Oblivion's ending was just completely insane.

I agree with Duck, Skyrim's main quest ending sucked.

Queston: Is it a must that I beat Oblivion before buying Skyrim?

I know I know, I should have beaten it for almost owning it 4 years now...