Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Does the patch really help with lag and all that ?

I never had any lag before, and I still don't. So I can't really answer that one.

What Thanatos said.

What Thanatos said.

Vin don't you have a Ps3 ? I don't get how your not experiencing severe lag then if you own one. Did you switch autosave off ?

Vin don't you have a Ps3 ? I don't get how your not experiencing severe lag then if you own one. Did you switch autosave off ?

I do, and I've yet to encounter any game-breaking lag. Haven't had to turn off auto-saves either.

I do, and I've yet to encounter any game-breaking lag. Haven't had to turn off auto-saves either.

I play it on the PS3 as well. I have definitely had some lag issues, but it has only caused me to reset the game one time. I am pretty sure that I had it happen at least once or twice with Oblivion on the 360, too, so I am not concerned.

I have NEVER noticed lag to the extent you guys are talking... I have had it freeze on me twice... Which really pissed me off. But lag, I wouldn't even call an issue, really.

So what the fuck is wrong ? Its get so laggy within a hour to the point where I have to restart it.

I've had it lag on me once, freeze twice. I've had some actions not activate when I press the button and have to restart too. But it doesn't happen enough to be a problem.

I came across this today and it made me lol, I filmed it real quick before the glitch stopped. My webcam isn't great quality but you should see it.

I came across this today and it made me lol, I filmed it real quick before the glitch stopped. My webcam isn't great quality but you should see it.

I have had some odd shit float around, but never a mammoth.

I just eclipsed 150 hours with my second character. I think I may be starting to become obsessed.

I have had some odd shit float around, but never a mammoth.

I have never seen anything float like that before. I saw a glitch where a guy had his body stuck in the ground with his head popping up, but never floating. It was just too funny looking. I didn't even catch most of the good stuff, the glitch stopped like as soon as I started recording.

Ya.. Last time I played I had dragons like glitching in the sky. They would fly up 20,000 feet and not come down and then they would fly around upside down and backwards...

I actually find it interesting that this game can have so many problems and glitches, but still be revered are arguably the best of 2011.

Ya.. Last time I played I had dragons like glitching in the sky. They would fly up 20,000 feet and not come down and then they would fly around upside down and backwards...

I actually find it interesting that this game can have so many problems and glitches, but still be revered are arguably the best of 2011.

I think that's more a condemnation of games that came out in 2011.

Personally, I would say The Witcher 2 is a better game than Skyrim. Skyrim is very fun with the open-ended world and everything, but TW2 you can drastically effect the results in the final act with what you did in the previous two. Heck, the second Act is 90% different, you play for the completely other side in a war, depending on who you sided with in Act 1.

And to me, FO:NV still beats Skyrim. I've gone back and been playing that one, and it's better to me. Mostly because the companions are far and away better than Skyrim's. (FONV was released in 2010, I know.)

This also seems like the perfect time for: The Flying Saber Tooth Tiger!

For me, Batman Arkham City would've been a better game than Skyrim if the story was longer. Was just way too short, but was completly epic.

I think this game may be so glitchy because it is just so massive for one disc. I played LA Noire and that game had 3 discs and it was nowhere near as large as Skyrim. I'm not expert on this stuff though, but I was suprised this game only took one disc.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

For me, Batman Arkham City would've been a better game than Skyrim if the story was longer. Was just way too short, but was completly epic.

I think this game may be so glitchy because it is just so massive for one disc. I played LA Noire and that game had 3 discs and it was nowhere near as large as Skyrim. I'm not expert on this stuff though, but I was suprised this game only took one disc.

It's glitchy because it's Bethesda. They need better programmers. I am completely serious on this. Fallout 3 and FONV, every one of the ES series they made, I think every single game I have ever played by Bethesda has been pretty glitchy.

Maybe, but I still am suprised they could fit this whole massive game into one disc on the 360.

Every time I go to one of the TES Wiki sites to see quest walkthroughs when I'm stuck, the bottom always has a long list of glitches for each quest lol. I've had really anything major other than a freeze here or there and now floating mammoths.

Maybe, but I still am suprised they could fit this whole massive game into one disc on the 360.

Every time I go to one of the TES Wiki sites to see quest walkthroughs when I'm stuck, the bottom always has a long list of glitches for each quest lol. I've had really anything major other than a freeze here or there and now floating mammoths.

Skyrim has nothing on FONV's glitches when it first came out.

Absolutely nothing. The first time I played FONV, I stepped out of Doc Mitchell's house and fell into the negative zone. Everything was the reverse color it should have been and when I stepped off his porch I fell through the world.

Skyrim has nothing on FONV's glitches when it first came out.

Absolutely nothing. The first time I played FONV, I stepped out of Doc Mitchell's house and fell into the negative zone. Everything was the reverse color it should have been and when I stepped off his porch I fell through the world.

I had a glitch in THREE copies of the game on the 360. I would leave Doc Mitchell's house and try to enter the general store down the way and the game would freeze EVERY FUCKING TIME. I tried to reset the cache and everything and it still happened. I gave up completely. I will pick up the Ultimate Edition for the PS3 and hope for the best.

Finally beat the main quest. Wasn't as awesome as I hoped, but whatever. I'll focus on doing stuff for the Companions and Winterhold College, and maybe a little Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild fun stuff in between.

Finally beat the main quest. Wasn't as awesome as I hoped, but whatever. I'll focus on doing stuff for the Companions and Winterhold College, and maybe a little Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild fun stuff in between.

Yeah, the main quest was incredibly disappointing. The guild quests seem to be much more involved and thought out.

Reckoning is going to be a better game. Book it.

So what the fuck is wrong ? Its get so laggy within a hour to the point where I have to restart it.

No man it's cuz you're from Canada it's so cold the game just keeps freezin up and lagging on you man. Turn up the heat in your house that should help. Maybe cover your PS3 in a quilt.

• Upvote 1

No man it's cuz you're from Canada it's so cold the game just keeps freezin up and lagging on you man. Turn up the heat in your house that should help. Maybe cover your PS3 in a quilt.

If he turned the heat up, his igloo would melt.

• Upvote 1