Sign in to follow this  
Patriots2994

'07 Brady vs. '11 Rodgers

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been better through 11 weeks, the '07 Brady or the '11 Rodgers?

• Brady
    • Rodgers

I've heard arguments from both sides. I obviously want to side with Brady but I think it's too close to call. Brady had 6 more TD's but Rodgers edges him slightly in yards and other stats. I'm just enjoying watching Rodgers' season unfold, so I won't be one to get pissy over this question. Both QB's had one of the best seasons for a QB of all time. So who's better, Brady in '07 or Rodgers in '11?

EASILY Rodgers. 71.8% of passes completed and 9.6 YPC>>>50 TD's. Football is a game of efficiency and Rodgers is playing more efficiently right now than any QB has ever played during a single season of regular season football.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

EASILY Rodgers. 71.8% of passes completed and 9.6 YPC>>>50 TD's. Football is a game of efficiency and Rodgers is playing more efficiently right now than any QB has ever played during a single season of regular season football.

To be fair you have to consider the numbers through 11 games only.

'07 Brady--72.4% completion, 3,439 yards, 8.8 yards/attempt, 39-4 TD-INT ratio, 22 rushes, 64 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD's, 88.2 QBR.

'11 Rodgers--71.8% completion, 3,475 yards, 9.6 yards/attempt, 33-4 TD-INT ratio, 49 rushes, 175 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD's, 85.6 QBR.

Brady has the edge in TD's & completion percentage but Rodgers has more yards per attempt and a slightly higher yard total.

I don't think most people understand hoe amazing it is to lead the league in both completion percentage and YPA...

Usually the guys with extremely high completion percentages have a much lower YPA because they are completing a lot more of the "safer" and shorter throws. Common knowledge would tell you, as you throw the ball further down field, the less accurate your QB will become...

So... to see a QB like Aaron who is dominating completion % and YPA... He is having outstanding success not only on those short throws, but on the deep ones too. He's converting and completing a higher percentage of those deep throws than anyone in the league... Maybe in history (mostly because the deep passing game isn't THAT old).

But still.. it's.. pretty special.

EDIT: Also.. am I the only one that thinks it's stupid to compare the two after 11 weeks or whatever? lol. Let's wait to see if Aaron can finish the season like this in the frigid temps of Lambeau Field before we get too far ahead of ourselves.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Rodgers has been slightly better so far. But as JD said it's stupid to compare them before the season is over and Brady might end up better on a whole season than Rodgers.

Better through the weeks? Too hard to tell at this point. Wait for the end of the season.

But if the question was "who would you want on your team; 07 Brady or 11 Rodgers?" Rodgers hands down....lmao. Not only is he a field general, but he establishes himself as a threat on the ground.

Also, Rodgers happily throws to everyone. Take away Randy Moss and that's about 20 less touchdowns for Brady (Hypothetically speaking. Obviously he would pass to someone else, but no way he would of gotten 50 TDs if it wasn't for the play of Randy Moss)

I would take Rodgers. I feel like he's just more fit for clutch situations. All be it, we haven't really seen him in too many clutch situations to this point. It seems to me like if I have some of the leagues top pass rushers running at my quarterback and we need to get a 3rd and 10 pass off for a first down, I'm taking Rodgers at that point. He's simply too freaking accurate to vote against him. Not to mention he's a lot more mobile than Tom Brady and a lot more mobile than anyone ever gives him credit for.

Please tell me you did NOT just use ESPN's QBR seriously.

He should have used the RQBR (Razors QB rating)