Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

How Do You Feel About Your Team NEXT Season?!

I was just thinking about this at work, and wondering what you guys think.

As you all know (or should know).. I am a big Iowa State fan. We have NEVER been very good. I mean.. we yearn for the Seneca Wallace days. But ya know... I love this head coach we have. Paul Rhodes is the shit. I don't give a shit if we go .500 every season. He is AWESOME. We beat two ranked opponents this year... #3 and #22?!? And we stayed very close with #11 K State... and even though we lost by 20 to Oklahoma, we put up a fight.

Our defense has looked SICK. But our offense can't move or sustain drives to save their life... So the defense holds for a half... then they get tired and the other team puts up points.

But we have a redshirt freshman at QB.. what can I expect from the offense?!?

I dunno... Call me crazy, but I am EXCITED for the the future of this football program. We probably won't be competing for a NC.... But man, I love what I see.

Miami: Not really sure what to expect, but I like the direction that Al Golden is leading them in. Probably will take at least 2-3 years to contend for an ACC Championship, though.

LSU: Much of the roster will remain intact since it's an underclassmen-heavy team, and the Tigers will actually have a REAL QUARTERBACK (Mettenberger) at the helm, instead of these two faggots in Jefferson and Lee.

tumblrlfc77qa3u31qazgsc.jpg

Oscar Meyer wiener.

I am enthused about the type of recruits he may be able to pull in. I feel next year will be a much better year.

With the plethora of young talent we have, we should be sick. We had high expectations this year but ultimately injuries derailed us. Guys like Devonte Freeman had to come in earlier than expected. Next season we should be stacked at RB, hopefully we see more of Wilder Jr. and of course we'll get Chris Thompson back.

I expect the Noles to be in serious contention for a National Championship next year.

Arkansas will be losing a lot of their receiving core but Petrino has shark teeth at that position. He'll have something up his sleeve to keep the SEC's defenses in check. As much as I will miss having Joe Adams treat cornerbacks like children.. I'm ready to see who steps into the role. Possibly Hamilton?

Tyler Wilson should have more time since the offensive line will have more experience together. He showed a huge improvement after just one offseason so another should only make him better. The running game could use some help as well and if Petrino wants to continue opening up his passing game, he'll have to work with the runningbacks to allow it. We did lose our offensive coordinator to UAB but things should be fine. Petrino called the plays anyway.

And the defense. How Willie has been able to hold his job is beyond me. He always makes huge adjustments at halftime, which in the games that matter.. does absolutely nothing. We need someone new who knows how to make the moves necessary to get our defense closer to the level of the rest of the SEC.

All in all though, I'm ready. I want revenge on Alabama and especially LSU. They come to us this year.. so it could possibly be another stellar year for Arkansas.

That about sums it up. :(

Unless some miracle happens, or this 'curse' supposedly that was put on us in 2001 by some LSU player's mom ends (LOL), I fear our season could possibly be like this one.

I really hope I'm wrong and that we can compete for the SEC East title.