Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Penn State continues it's classy ways

via NFP

Penn State receiver Curtis Drake punched and injured quarterback Matt McGloin earlier Saturday in the locker room following the team's practice in preparation for its Jan. 2 TicketCity Bowl contest against Houston.

McGloin's father said his son suffered a seizure and may have a concussion following the incident, but the quarterback is back at his apartment after being taken to Mount Nittany Medical Center. His father also said that the CAT scan and MRI results came back negative.

Penn State police are investigating the incident and likely will release a report later in the evening.

The team held an emergency meeting at 4:30 p.m., which Drake attended. McGloin, however, did not.

Release that ma' fucker. Fighters are generally an accepted thing during practice, it happens. Fight in the lockerroom in which your receiver punches the QB so hard that he has a seizure...Nope.

What I love is that they called the police for this but they never called the police at any time when Sandusky was around.

What I love is that they called the police for this but they never called the police at any time when Sandusky was around.

Not surprising in the least. They, like any organization caught with a dirty secret, will overcompensate for awhile in the other direction. (Although, if he really punched him hard enough to cause a seizure, I don't really think that's overcompensating at all.)

Please explain to me why just because this guy plays football he can punch someone so hard they have a seizure and NOT get arrested for battery?

And I know he would have to press charges afterward but the initial arrest should still happen while he's in the damn hospital.

Edited by Shotgun

I watch a lot of MMA and I've never seen anyone get punched so hard they have a seizure...

It's unlikely that the punch caused the seizure, and I want all the details before I judge Drake. Both players are at fault and if one gets cut, the other should as well. Stop singling out one guy.

You stay classy Penn State.... oh wait :troll:

Edited by BlackMamba

Please explain to me why just because this guy plays football he can punch someone so hard they have a seizure and NOT get arrested for battery?

And I know he would have to press charges afterward but the initial arrest should still happen while he's in the damn hospital.

The cops would have a difficult time pressing criminal charges, as criminal battery would need an intent to cause the damage that was caused, and he wasn't intending to give the guy a seizure.

Also, let me say that the police have a tendency to stay away from battery/assaults that occur in athletic facilities because of the nature of the game.

The victim could press charges, however, in a civil battery case, or a tort. All that this requires is some sort of unwanted contact.

EDIT: I didn't realize how old this thread was until after I posted. Sorry.

Edited by WindyCitySports