BucD

The Official Buccaneers Offseason Thread

Practice squad signings for the Bucs so far:

-TE Drake Dunsmore

-WR Bert Reed

-C Brian Folkerts

I hope they don't plan on Miller taking a ton of snaps. He's done well during training camp before just to fall off during the season.

I always liked Reed when he played for the Noles, but I never thought of him as much of an NFL talent.

The Bucs have three waiver claims. DT Cory Irvin, G Julian Vandervelde and C/G Cody Wallace. Don't know much about either three. I'm guessing more moves still to come. 7 CBs is stupid, especially when Barber and Tandy can easily move back there in an emergency.

DJ Ware is ok, but we need to claim as many DL and OL as we can.

Brian Price cut today, maybe we were wrong about Schiano judging too quickly. 2 guys traded for picks are now out of jobs.

Saw this on PFT, thought you guys would like it:

Since Schiano was hired:

Traded Winslow for Seattles 7th rounder – released

Traded Price for Chicagos 7th rounder – released

Cut Tanard Jackson, Skins sign him – suspended AGAIN

Cut Dezmon Briscoe, Skins sign him – released

Let Josh Johnson walk, Niners and his college coach sign him – released

Let Elbert Mack walk, Saints sign him – released

Let Sean Jones walk, Lions sign him – released

Cut Jeff Faine, only now have the Bengals signed him.

I think they released Gilberry because he's a vested vet and doesn't go through waiver process and prob told him that they are bringing him back after claiming and releasing Vandervelde. I think their plan was to claim Vandervelde and then cut him (within the required time frame) and then sign him to the PS.

We'll see tomorrow if we're right as if Vandervelde goes unclaimed on waivers we'll sign him to the PS.

Good maneuvering if true, IMO.

EDIT:

Apply we brought back Gilberry either way. He's better than George Johnson and Te'o-Neshiem. He can also play DE and 3-tech.

Edited by BucD

I wasn't impressed with Gilberry in preseason, but whatever, depth is depth.

On another note, we get nothing from the Seahawks for K2. The draft pick was contigent on him being on their Week 1 roster. We still keep the pick from Chicago for Price though.

Oh well at least we got rid of him. Not going to lie, I was furious when I found out we traded him. He was a weapon for us last year and his time in Tampa was good. He didn't have injury problems nor was he a distraction but reading how poorly he did in camp and that it looks as if he's lost "it" I'm glad we at least tried to get a pick for him.

Heres to hoping Dallas Clarke still has game. :cheers:

They said Blount was fine, just was held out the rest of the game to be safe. Can't really blame them since Martin play was solid. Plus Ware had a couple of pretty solid runs.

We re-signed Derek Hardman and release Wallace Gilbrey today.

Larsen was GARBAGE on Sunday. By far, our worst o-line men and yes, I saw Trueblood play too. I watched the game again on NFL Rewind Trueblood was no where near as bad as Larsen, who got pushed back on almost every play.

With that being said, I am glad to see we brought Hardman back. I liked Hardman over Larsen even before last Sunday. If Hardman starts over Larsen and Dotson starts over Trueblood, I'd feel much better about our o-line.

BTW, I got a field pass for this game. Can't fucking wait. GO BUCS!

Edited by GoodellFTL

I'd be happy with just about anyone over Larsen and Trueblood. Both are awful and Trueblood is a drive killer with his mental lapses.

Trueblood isn't that bad. I am content with him. At least he can do some shit right like being a good run blocker. Larsen on the other hand is a complete liability. I literally don't think I've ever been impressed with the guy. For some reason, a few people liked him a few years back. He sucks and always gets pushed back which collapses the pocket for Freeman and pretty much makes us not able to run on his side.

If Larsen starts on Sunday, he is going to get thrown around like a rag doll by the Giants d-line. We're going to need to find a replacement soon for this guy. Hardman may be the man to take his spot.