Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Jets veteran says Santonio Holmes must go

The Jets could be stuck with Santonio Holmes, who was shipped out by the Steelers one season after he was the Super Bowl MVP according to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. His $7.75 million base salary for 2012 is fully guaranteed and in 2013, $7.5 million of his $11 million base salary becomes guaranteed if he is on the roster Feb. 8 of this year. There are going to be some unhappy players if he’s back. “His practice habits were terrible,” a source said. “I’ve never seen anything like it.” Holmes’ antics have been going on all year but exploded in Miami when he pouted during the game, ignored Sanchez in the huddle and infuriated his teammates. “I don’t see how he can come back,” one respected Jets veteran said. “He’s a cancer. It’s like dealing with a 10-year-old,” a Jets source said Monday.<br style="font-size: 13px; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); "><br style="font-size: 13px; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">Source: The Redzone

And now the Steelers shipping him off for fractions of his worth all makes sense (or, if it made sense before... Even more so).

• Upvote 1

The first true DIVA receiver we've seen since the days of TO versus Garcia.

I love what he did during the last drive of the Super Bowl and the games leading up to it, but I'm glad the Steelers dumped him when they did.

His "me-first" demeanor began to shine through with his multiple marijuana busts and at first, I hated seeing him turned loose for a mere 5th round pick. However, that 5th turned into Bryant McFadden's return and one Antonio Brown (who looks to be even better than Holmes already in his second season) and Holmes' shit attitude has deteriorated tenfold since his departure.

Thanks for the (arguably) greatest Super Bowl drive/catch in history, now fuck off into obscurity where you belong, moron.

• Upvote 1

I fucking hate nameless sources for shit like this, if you're gonna call a teammate out, particularly a captain, have the balls to put your name on it

Edited by oochymp

And now the Steelers shipping him off for fractions of his worth all makes sense (or, if it made sense before... Even more so).

Was about to mention this. Looks like the Steelers got the last laugh.

Steelers pulled a classic Hoodie move on the Jets with the Holmes trade. Nice work boys :thumbup:

Holmes was an asshole last year and things went fine.

As long as the Jets start winning again (or get a real quarterback) these distractions will start to go away.