Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

No, that was clearly intentional. He showed no remorse afterword trying to go at it with Ibaka.

Edited by KiLaSix9

Yeah, Ron Artest is one of my favorite players but every now and then you can't deny that he throws elbows. That one was vicious; had Harden's face been turned into it that could have broken a jaw, nose, or eye socket. He should at least be suspended for the rest (what little is left) of the regular season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the first three playoff games. Any more than that and the suspension's too big.

Hard to buy the unintentional excuse, but at no point does he even look at Harden. It just happens. For all intents and purposes, you have to say it was intentional.

I dunno. When you mess with a dudes head like that and give him a concussion... And do it so intentionally, without remorse, and then go argue with the ref like you did nothing wrong... Not really sure there is a suspension that would be "too long".

Anywhere from 5-10 games would be about right, IMO.

• Upvote 2

What happened to the Sixers? They went from being the #3 team in the East at mid-season to barely making the 8th seed. Good luck against Chicago in the first.

If the artist formerly known as "Ron Artest" gets suspended for more or less than 5-10 days which I am thinking it's going to lean towards 10 games. If that's the case, the Lakers are screwed and probably may not make it passed the 2nd round.

If the artist formerly known as "Ron Artest" gets suspended for more or less than 5-10 days which I am thinking it's going to lean towards 10 games. If that's the case, the Lakers are screwed and probably may not make it passed the 2nd round.

I don't think hes THAT valuable to the Lakers success at this point in his career.

He's more of an enforcer and a defensive presence. He also causes a three point threat from time to time. When he's on fire... no way to stop him... the Lakers will notice his presence being gone. he puts up i think 12-16 points a game coming off the bench which is pretty huge

He's more of an enforcer and a defensive presence. He also causes a three point threat from time to time. When he's on fire... no way to stop him... the Lakers will notice his presence being gone. he puts up i think 12-16 points a game coming off the bench which is pretty huge

He only averages 7.7 points per game and is shooting a career low in 3 point percentage. Aside from his defense, they will not miss him.

What happened to the Sixers? They went from being the #3 team in the East at mid-season to barely making the 8th seed. Good luck against Chicago in the first.

They had one of the league's easiests schedules to start off the season.

I dunno. When you mess with a dudes head like that and give him a concussion... And do it so intentionally, without remorse, and then go argue with the ref like you did nothing wrong... Not really sure there is a suspension that would be "too long".

Anywhere from 5-10 games would be about right, IMO.

He wasn't arguing with the ref; he was explaining what happened from his perspective. At no point did I see him berating the official. I believe the official just asked him what happened.

He only averages 7.7 points per game and is shooting a career low in 3 point percentage. Aside from his defense, they will not miss him.

He's averaged close to 17 during April, which has helped them out considerably.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

He's average close to 17 during April, which has helped them out considerably.

Yeah he had been playing great ball down the stretch which is why it sucks he had to have that moment. It will affect us in the playoffs but I figured we would probably lose in the second round anyways.

Steve Nash is on the bench with 5 minutes left in the 4th Quarter in what is arguably his last game as a Sun. US Airways Center is and has been chanting "We Want Steve".

Gentry won't put him in.. :(

He's averaged close to 17 during April, which has helped them out considerably.

True but hes just picking up the scoring slack left by Kobes absence. With Kobe back in the playoffs, it wont be that big an impact in the first round.

True but hes just picking up the scoring slack left by Kobes absence. With Kobe back in the playoffs, it wont be that big an impact in the first round.

It's a problem if they have to play the Mavericks or Grizzlies.

I know it's the end of the season and all, but OKC looks incredibly vulnerable right night now. Look out if Denver keeps the 6 seed and the Thunder have to play Dallas. That could get BAD.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'll never understand why people put stock into how some teams perform down the stretch. OKC showed they could flip that "switch" at any time during the week they beat LAC, LAL, Miami, and Chicago all by double-digits. Coasting =/= vulnerable.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I know it's the end of the season and all, but OKC looks incredibly vulnerable right night now. Look out if Denver keeps the 6 seed and the Thunder have to play Dallas. That could get BAD.

There's no need to worry..I don't care who their opponents are,I see them easily getting to the Western Conference finals..

So the matchups that are set so far

East

(3)Indiana Pacers vs. (6) Orlando Magic

(4)Boston Celtics vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks (Atlanta currently has home court for it and will with a win tonight or Celtics loss otherwise Boston will)

West

(1)San Antonio Spurs vs. (8)Utah Jazz

(4)Memphis Grizzlies vs. (5)Los Angeles Clippers

Still to be determined...

East

Chicago will play either Knicks or 76ers. They play the 76ers if they lose tonight or the Knicks win.

Miami will play either the Knicks or 76ers. They play the Knicks if they win tonight or if the 76ers lose.

West

Oklahoma City will play either Denver or Dallas. They will play Dallas if Dallas loses tonight or Denver wins.

Lakers will play either Denver or Dallas. They will play Denver if they win tonight or Denver loses.

Guest Phailadelphia

Kobe Bryant will not play tonight. Kevin Durant has secured his 3rd consecutive scoring title, the first player to do so since Jordan.

I'm glad Kobe isn't playing. That would have been such a pointless effort. He has nothing to prove.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Serge Ibaka finished the season leading the league in blocks as well as highest average blocks per game, with 241 and 3.7 respectively. Second in blocks was Deandre Jordan with 135...106 less than Ibaka. The Nets as a team swatted 258 blocks.

Someone should make a NBA Playoff thread with all the series. I made a thread for each series in the Hockey forum but I don't think we have enough interest for that.

I'd make it but I'm about to leave.

Someone should make a NBA Playoff thread with all the series. I made a thread for each series in the Hockey forum but I don't think we have enough interest for that.

I'd make it but I'm about to leave.

Maybe just an NBA playoff thread. A thread for each match up isn't necessary IMO.