Wee-Bey

NBA 2012 Game Thread

LEBRON-TONGUE.gif
  • Upvote 1

Damn,Celtics failed again..

Everyone is saying they are too old to handle this condensed schedule. This is partly true. I say partly because it's really Pierce and KG who are struggling. I think age is a factor for KG, based on his play and conditioning. Same thing with Pierce, who has never been an elite level conditioned guy. The injury has only made it worse. You basically have Rondo and Allen hustling, with Bass playing heavy minutes. I think Doc really needs to start involving our young bench more. We should also think about making a trade or two to bring in some youth if they still want to salvage the season.

Kevin Martin has 21 points in the first 15 minutes of this game.

11 minutes on the floor.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Who watched Clippers and Mavs last night? Oh man... epic ending!

Everyone is saying they are too old to handle this condensed schedule. This is partly true. I say partly because it's really Pierce and KG who are struggling. I think age is a factor for KG, based on his play and conditioning. Same thing with Pierce, who has never been an elite level conditioned guy. The injury has only made it worse. You basically have Rondo and Allen hustling, with Bass playing heavy minutes. I think Doc really needs to start involving our young bench more. We should also think about making a trade or two to bring in some youth if they still want to salvage the season.

I agree...We can't rely only on 1 or 2 players...And yeah,we should totally make a couple of trades to bring in some talented young players..

Magic beat the Lakers, are 11-4. :yep:

We are 6-1 over the last two weeks, only loss was a 2 point OT loss to the Spurs on the 3rd night of a back to back to back. Orlando is better than people give credit. :yep:

We are 6-1 over the last two weeks, only loss was a 2 point OT loss to the Spurs on the 3rd night of a back to back to back. Orlando is better than people give credit. :yep:

Indeed.

But it won't last. D12 will eventually be traded...

:(

We are 6-1 over the last two weeks, only loss was a 2 point OT loss to the Spurs on the 3rd night of a back to back to back. Dwight Howard is better than people give credit. :yep:

Fixed.

I'm not so sure he'll be traded. Who really knows as there is too much time left until the deadline, but Dwight being traded is no lock.

I'm not so sure he'll be traded. Who really knows as there is too much time left until the deadline, but Dwight being traded is no lock.

If he's not traded he'll walk and the Magic will be left on their hands and knees begging as he walks away...

lolMagic

They have a serious case of the stupids with a hint of naivety if they think he's going to stay.

If he's not traded he'll walk and the Magic will be left on their hands and knees begging as he walks away...

lolMagic

They have a serious case of the stupids with a hint of naivety if they think he's going to stay.

Who knows. But if there is no offer worth a deal, they won't make a deal. I'm confident in that. There is a lot of talk that the Magic may not deal him if the team keeps playing well and I could see it. If he walks, oh well. Not like we're going to be doing anything with whatever we get traded. I'll let the FO handle it and not worry about it, but for now he is here, he'll be here for at least another month or longer and there are no offers out there that knock our socks off at the moment. If they feel they are better off seeing what happens in the playoffs with Dwight and seeing if he'll risk 30 million rather than take back a bad haul, then so be it. We can tank and rebuild.

Who knows. But if there is no offer worth a deal, they won't make a deal. I'm confident in that. There is a lot of talk that the Magic may not deal him if the team keeps playing well and I could see it. If he walks, oh well. Not like we're going to be doing anything with whatever we get traded. I'll let the FO handle it and not worry about it, but for now he is here, he'll be here for at least another month or longer and there are no offers out there that knock our socks off at the moment. If they feel they are better off seeing what happens in the playoffs with Dwight and seeing if he'll risk 30 million rather than take back a bad haul, then so be it. We can tank and rebuild.

I guess that's where we differ.

I mean yea I'm not that worried about the whole situation either, but where we differ is that I think that getting something is better than nothing. I doubt the offers are bad. I mean it's D12. The best big man in the game and one of the top 5 players in the game.

Just sayin'.

The offers are going to suck because Dwight can opt out at the end of the year, so only teams with a chance to re-sign him will trade anything of value. We're not going to get a package of youth and good picks like the Hornets just got for CP3 or a bunch of quality players like the Nuggets got for Carmelo. The teams Dwight wants to go to have little value to offer. The best offer we have at the moment is a Dwight for Bynum swap straight up, and I'm not fond of that. He is injury prone, has an attitude and is going to be a FA after next season so we get put in the same situation or overpay the hell out of him and hurt our roster flexibility going forward. If the Lakers are willing to give up Gasol to a 3rd team for more pieces, maybe we can talk, but until then, pass.

I just don't feel we have to get something just to say we got something. We will never make a trade that makes us as good or better than we are now, unless somehow we deal him to Miami for LeBron. I have no problem tanking, the Cavs' future looks bright now all of a sudden with Kyrie Irving. I mean, how do you think we got Dwight? I remember that 21-61 season that got him here, it was worth it in the end. If we trade him, then fine. But if we don't, I won't lose sleep about it. We may get made fun of by idiots, but it could turn out for the best in the long run.

But if the team keeps playing this well, I think they will see what happens in the playoffs with Dwight. If we start tailing off, he'll probably get traded. But again who knows, the Magic won't seriously entertain offers until after the All Star break.

Love is killing us...

Guest Phailadelphia

Westbrook is playing out of his mind.

Well the 'wolves kept it close but now they are finished.

56 total points by the Magic last night. Celtics shut em down with some old school defense.

56 total points by the Magic last night. Celtics shut em down with some old school defense.

It's crazy that after all these years, KG is still one of the best defenders in the NBA.

It's crazy that after all these years, KG is still one of the best defenders in the NBA.

Marcin Gortat raped the shit out of KG the other night.

Unfortunately, KG is about the only victim of anything we do. Gortat and Nash are the only watchable players on this team. Everyone else can fuck off. lol

Guest Phailadelphia

It's easy to look good vs Orlando.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

KG played some great D but it was a team effort to shut down D12 and co. Jermaine Oneal was really the guy who kept Dwight away from the paint with his physicality. When hes healthy, hes the only real big man we have. The rest of the guys like Bass stayed active off the glass and didn't give Orlando any second chances.