Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Cullen Jenkins due $5 million roster bonus

Per Rotoworld.com:

Eagles DT Cullen Jenkins is due a $5 million roster bonus on March 13.

The Eagles would take no salary cap hit if they cut ties with Jenkins because his original, five-year, $30 million deal included no signing bonus. Cutting Jenkins would save $7.75 million in cap space. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel suggests that the Packers might have interest in bringing Jenkins back if that occurs. He finished the 2011 season with 40 tackles and 5.5 sacks. Jan 18 - 1:13 PM

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

I'd welcome him back for sure.

Just a little bit wary because of his injury history.

But he's definitely, without a doubt, better than what we have right now.

I'd love to see him stick around. I think we kind of have to trade him because of what he brought to this defense last year and because we traded Brodrick Bunkley.

I'd love to see him stick around. I think we kind of have to trade him because of what he brought to this defense last year and because we traded Brodrick Bunkley.

What do you mean by that?

Per Rotoworld.com:

Eagles GM Howie Roseman was noncommittal when asked about the future of DT Cullen Jenkins in Roseman's year-ending press conference.

Beat writer Les Bowen believes the Eagles would be foolish to let Jenkins go after he played hard all season on a struggling team, but it's not out of the question that Philly viewed Jenkins as a one-year rental all along. Cutting Jenkins in year two of his supposed $30 million contract would immediately save $7.75 million under the cap. He's due a $5M roster bonus on March 13. Feb 1 - 1:16 PM

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

The health of Mike Patterson could play a big role in how this goes down, but to me we really need to keep Cullen. He's worth overpaying for another year.

Packers should seriously bring Cullen back for another 2 years or so. Let him finish his career here and let him groom his eventual successor.

Do it, Ted.

If we can re-sign Derek Landri I'd be fine with letting Jenkins go.

Derek Landri was awesome this year but we need good depth at DT. What can we expect from Mike Patterson? Honestly I'd like see Landri and Jenkins start but that's two good DT's. Then I think you draft Devon Still and let Jenkins walk next year.

Derek Landri was awesome this year but we need good depth at DT. What can we expect from Mike Patterson? Honestly I'd like see Landri and Jenkins start but that's two good DT's. Then I think you draft Devon Still and let Jenkins walk next year.

No way with our black hole at linebacker do we sit here on February 1st and say with confidence we're going to take a defensive tackle with the 15th overall pick. You can get depth in the 3rd round and beyond.

Edited by SteVo

No way with our black hole at linebacker do we sit here on February 1st and say with confidence we're going to take a defensive tackle with the 15th overall pick. You can get depth in the 3rd round and beyond.

Yeah but with two seconond round picks we could get a stud LB in the second, hell maybe two. If Kuechly is gone idk if I want to reach for Hightower but I would certainly not be opposed to trading back to around 20. I just think that Devon Still is a prototypical Wide 9 DT and could turn into an awesome player for us.

The Eagles' arn't in a terrible position to make moves to get a LB. I actually wish the Seahawks needed a linebacker in the early rounds. Vontaze Burfict, Courtney Upshaw, and Luke Kuechly are monsters.