Sign in to follow this  
BucD

Update: Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged

NFL.com said they are 10m apart

Yes, for some reason they stand 10 meters apart when negotiating. I don't get it either.

From what I have heard they aren't that far apart. From what he has done for the city itself as well as the franchise I would pay him $20 million.

NEW ORLEANS -- Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints still must close a significant gap in guaranteed money if they are to agree on a five-year contract worth about $100 million by Monday's looming deadline for a long-term deal, said a person familiar with the negotiations.

The sides were more than $10 million apart in the guaranteed portion of the contract on Wednesday, the person told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because talks are ongoing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/12/drew-brees-contract-negotiations-10-million-apart_n_1667454.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

Drew needs to get realistic on this "highest paid ever" argument. I'm not sure he's even a top 10 NFL player, and he's barely the 4th best QB in the game, in my eyes. I'd take both Eli and Ben over Brees, not just Brady and Rodgers.

What?

Drew needs to get realistic on this "highest paid ever" argument. I'm not sure he's even a top 10 NFL player, and he's barely the 4th best QB in the game, in my eyes. I'd take both Eli and Ben over Brees, not just Brady and Rodgers.

If he was the best QB, I'd sign him like he is. He isn't; he can come down a bit on the price.

Uh... what?

He put's up 3,000-4,000 passing yards and 25-30 TD's on a regular basis. How is he only the 4th best?

Edited by BigBen07

Uh... what?

How many non-top 10 QB's can put up 3,000-4,000 passing yards and 25-30 TD's on a regular basis?

I said not necessarily a top 10 player, not top 10 QB. He's the fourth or fifth best QB.

What?

What are you confused by? Drew isn't worth "highest paid player in NFL history" kind of money.

I said not necessarily a top 10 player, not top 10 QB. He's the fourth or fifth best QB.

Whoops. I read the post wrong. Sorry.

I corrected it.

Edited by BigBen07

Uh... what?

He put's up 3,000-4,000 passing yards and 25-30 TD's on a regular basis. How is he only the 4th best?

Because Brady, Rodgers, and Eli all do the same thing and Ben is WAY more clutch. Drew also has a major INT problem. You could say Eli does, too, but if a game winning drive is out there, it's Eli you want out there ahead of Brees.