Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

**Update** Giants release Brandon Jacobs

Per Rotoworld.com:

Brandon Jacobs is willing to take a pay-cut for the second straight offseason to remain with the Giants.

Jacobs, who is due a $500,000 roster bonus and $4.4 million salary, sees the writing on the wall after averaging under 4.0 yards a carry in 2011. There's not a chance the G-Men will exercise his bonus, so Jacobs will have to agree to restructure in the next few weeks if he's serious about staying in New York. Any pay-cut will likely be bigger than the $1.75 million one he took last August. Feb 14 - 9:40 AM

Source: New York Daily News

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

the big fella still has his moments and i respect him for not letting his ego get in the way. can we please cut or trade bradshaw... we need fresh legs. draft a couple and ones bound to work out

• Downvote 2

The New York Daily News reports the Giants only want Brandon Jacobs back for 2012 at a "greatly" reduced salary.

The two sides did not "come close to any kind of agreement" during their meeting at the Scouting Combine. Jacobs has repeatedly made it known he's willing to take a pay-cut to remain in New York, but it sounds like the Giants could be pushing to whittle his scheduled $4.9 salary down to near the veteran's minimum. He might opt for his release if that's the case.

Source: New York Daily News

the big fella still has his moments and i respect him for not letting his ego get in the way. can we please cut or trade bradshaw... we need fresh legs. draft a couple and ones bound to work out

Im sorry...Cut Bradshaw? I hope you mean Jacobs

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Per Rotoworld.com:

Giants released RB Brandon Jacobs.

The move ends the career Giant's seven-year tenure with the team. The sides couldn't agree to a restructured contract, and Jacobs was due an unmanageable $4.9 million in salary and bonuses. Turning 30 before the season and having averaged 3.76 yards per carry last year, Jacobs wasn't close to worth it. Perhaps the Giants would consider bringing back Jacobs at close to the veteran's minimum salary. Otherwise, there won't be a big market for his services. Mar 9 - 3:58 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles grab him, though I'm guessing he wants a pretty decent salary, which we won't have the room to give.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Eagles grab him, though I'm guessing he wants a pretty decent salary, which we won't have the room to give.

Actually dude we're middle of the road as far as cap space last time I checked.

Actually dude we're middle of the road as far as cap space last time I checked.

I meant that with the other positions we'll need to address, I doubt we go very hard for Jacobs when we already have Dion Lewis. I just think Jacobs would be a great answer to our short-yardage problems.

If he gets another job, I think he should be a FB. He would likely extend his career.

Free agent Brandon Jacobs was reportedly seeking only $2 million per year on a new deal with the Giants before his Friday release.

The Giants would only offer $1.5 million annually with a chance to earn more through incentives. Jacobs indicated in a statement after the transaction that he has no plans to return to New York on a lesser deal. "It’s been a good ride," he said. "Time to move on. I just want to thank them for the opportunity."

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Free agent Brandon Jacobs says he'd "love" to play for the Jets.

"I would love to do that," Jacobs said Friday. "It would be an opportunity for me to not have to relocate." Jacobs would have to reconcile with the coach he called "fat boy" in December, but seems keenly aware of the fact he shouldn't rule out playing anywhere. Never a plus as a pass catcher, Jacobs wouldn't be an adequate replacement for LaDainian Tomlinson.

Related: Jets

Source: New York Post