Turry

Seattle Seahawks QB Battle mega thread

I want them both to start, but Wilson is playing out of his mind, so what do you do? :shrug:

As Peter King said if Caroll was true to his competition he wouldn't be able to tell the locker room Flynn is the starter.

Wilson should be the starter, but you're gonna have Matt Flynn sitting on the bench making $8mil.

Try and rework his contract or trade him.

Wilson should be the starter, but you're gonna have Matt Flynn sitting on the bench making $8mil.

Try and rework his contract or trade him.

Nah he got a 10M bonus but the contract is pretty good we can have him as our backup.

Flynn has some pain in his elbow, that's bad. That could end a season right there. And quite honestly I think his season has already became exactly what it was his first few years in the league - sitting behind "the guy". Wilson all but closed the deal on the starting job.

I think when the Seahawks got Jackson from the Vikings, they were looking for exactly what Wilson brings them, and now they have it. A guy who can pass effectively out of the pocket, but flush out and get down field with his legs if there are no reads. I like what I see out of the guy, and I don't know how anyone couldn't. Actually, he's basically an upgraded version of Vince Young. The kid is just good.

TJack was intended to be nothing more than a bandaid; a stop-gap QB who knew the offense and could get us through the season after having no offseason, at which point we could find an upgrade. Pete wants (and now has) a 'point guard' QB who's exceptional at reading the defense, makes smart decisions and gets the ball to whoever has the best matchup. Has to be smart and mobile. Russell Wilson has everything in droves.

I honestly believe its a mistake to judge a QB battle by how they perform in preseason games. I know he's looked good so far and all that, and I'm cheering for him to succeed, but...

I honestly believe its a mistake to judge a QB battle by how they perform in preseason games. I know he's looked good so far and all that, and I'm cheering for him to succeed, but...

They didn't. They've been observing Wilson closely since before they drafted him. He's shown this kind of ability all throughout his college years. He was included into the stating QB fight because he showed during the offseason practices he was on their level. The preseason performances were the icing on the cake.

Wilson earned the job because he outperformed Flynn on every level. If you're going to sit there and tell me you'd start Flynn over Wilson because he's been a backup for a couple years, has exactly 2 NFL starts, and is currently making a bigger contract then I question YOUR judgement. Yes, there is always the chance Wilson could crumble in the regular season, but right now he's the clear winner in this race. Wilson is the starter and the better QB unless either he folds or Flynn proves otherwise by stepping up his play. The Seahawks made the right choice.

Edited by Jayrus

They didn't. They've been observing Wilson closely since before they drafted him. He's shown this kind of ability all throughout his college years. He was included into the stating QB fight because he showed during the offseason practices he was on their level. The preseason performances were the icing on the cake.

Wilson earned the job because he outperformed Flynn on every level. If you're going to sit there and tell me you'd start Flynn over Wilson because he's been a backup for a couple years, has exactly 2 NFL starts, and is currently making a bigger contract then I question YOUR judgement. Yes, there is always the chance Wilson could crumble in the regular season, but right now he's the clear winner in this race. Wilson is the starter and the better QB unless either he folds or Flynn proves otherwise by stepping up his play. The Seahawks made the right choice.

Well, for starters I would chose neither if I had a choice.

And I never said they made the wrong choice as in, WILSON SUCKS WRONG CHOICE!!!

All I said is, throw all those numbers you saw out the window, and while he may of looked good, the preseason is almost taylor-made for athletic QBs.

I think it's the right decision to start Wilson based on his performance... But wouldn't be surprised if they do a double take after Wilson can't live up to expectations in the regular season.

Not saying it WILL happen, or even that I am hoping for it to happen.

But definitely wouldn't be surprised. If it does happen though, I think they are in a good place with Matt Flynn.

Well, for starters I would chose neither if I had a choice.

And I never said they made the wrong choice as in, WILSON SUCKS WRONG CHOICE!!!

All I said is, throw all those numbers you saw out the window, and while he may of looked good, the preseason is almost taylor-made for athletic QBs.

Wasn't just based on preseason he was winning the coaches over in Mini Camp's and the Training Camp.