JetsFan4Life

#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Philadelphia Flyers

This thread is to discuss anything and everything about the Penguins/Flyers matchup in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals.

Probably going to be the most intense series. All eyes are going to be on this for sure.

The Flyers are going to give The Pens a tough time but in the end it will be too little. Pens win.

Should be a good one :towel:

• Upvote 1

I wonder how both coaches told their teams to play today's game between each other.

Either way this is a series everyone hopes goes to the 7 game maximum.

The outcome of the series is irrelevant for the Flyers. Our primary objective is to win as many fights and inflict as much pain as possible upon the Penguins, especially that faggot Crosby. :yep:

• Upvote 1

The outcome of the series is irrelevant for the Flyers. Our primary objective is to win as many fights and inflict as much pain as possible upon the Penguins, especially that faggot Crosby. :yep:

I wouldn't go that far. Winning is what really matters.

I hate games against Flyers..Both teams can win this series but I'm saying Pens in 7..

Flyers in 6 or 7. Philly owns Pittsburgh in their own building. :yep:

I'm really looking forward to this series. There is goping to be so much energy that it's going to be insane!!!!! Flyers in 7. I hate Crosby because he's such a whining little bitch all the time. When multiple teams are saying this about you, I think it's time he goes a pair and starts acting like a professional and not bitching to the refs after every play.

Pens in 6 and you guys gonna be mad. :yep:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

ATTN: Penguins

This man is coming.

I'm going Pens in 7.

I'm not sure if it'll really go 7 I just really hope it does. :D

lmao

Definitely going to be the funnest series of the first round. I voted the Flyers cause I hope they do everything you said, but I'm actually thinking Pens in 7...unfortunately.

At least injure some guys. :p

The schedule for this series worked out so that I'll see every single game. Awesome.

Game one Wednesday night. Bring the pain! :rock:

Blowing a 3-0 lead on home ice? lolPensfail.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

I counted the Flyers out after they fell behind 3-0. Not making that mistake again. :nope:

I counted the Flyers out after they fell behind 3-0. Not making that mistake again. :nope:

So did the Penguins, apparently. :p

It was an awesome effort by the Flyers to come back, and Bryzgalov was an unsung hero; he made a lot of big saves to hold Pittsburgh to 3 goals and ultimately make the comeback possible. Also, what a game for Brayden Schenn. That trade we made last offseason certainly was a good one: Mike Richards and a scrub for Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and a 2nd round pick.

So did the Penguins, apparently. :p

It was an awesome effort by the Flyers to come back, and Bryzgalov was an unsung hero; he made a lot of big saves to hold Pittsburgh to 3 goals and ultimately make the comeback possible. Also, what a game for Brayden Schenn. That trade we made last offseason certainly was a good one: Mike Richards and a scrub for Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and a 2nd round pick.

Bryz has been a beast all year long. I hope he can stay on the Flyers after this season!

Bryz has been a beast all year long. I hope he can stay on the Flyers after this season!

First of all, he was awful the first half of the season. It took him awhile, but he finally got his confidence back down the stretch and it has paid off nicely so far. Second of all, the Flyers signed him to a 10-year contract. He'll in in Philadelphia for awhile.

First of all, he was awful the first half of the season. It took him awhile, but he finally got his confidence back down the stretch and it has paid off nicely so far. Second of all, the Flyers signed him to a 10-year contract. He'll in in Philadelphia for awhile.

Oops. I forgot he struggled...

And a 10 year deal? Good! :) I'm pulling for the Flyers to win the Cup if the Rangers don't.

Strange for the Flyers to get cheering from a Pittsburgh fan, but hey, we appreciate the support. :p

Strange for the Flyers to get cheering from a Pittsburgh fan, but hey, we appreciate the support. :p

LOL Actually I'm following the new Jets.

And you're welcome. :)

Edited by BigBen07

Also, just to put this in perspective, here's a collective look at the blockbuster trades the Flyers made last offseason to move Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.

Flyers traded:

Mike Richards

Jeff Carter

Rob Bordson

Flyers received:

Wayne Simmonds

Brayden Schenn

Jakub Vorachek

1st round pick, used to draft Sean Couturier

2nd round pick, used to trade for Nicklas Grossman

3rd round pick, used to draft Nick Cousins

Also, just to put this in perspective, here's a collective look at the blockbuster trades the Flyers made last offseason to move Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.

Flyers traded:

Mike Richards

Jeff Carter

Rob Bordson

Flyers received:

Wayne Simmonds

Brayden Schenn

Jakub Vorachek

1st round pick, used to draft Sean Couturier

2nd round pick, used to trade for Nicklas Grossman

3rd round pick, used to draft Nick Cousins

Good stuff :)

I especially like how Philly got 3 picks in return. Who did they acquire them from, if you can recall?