Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Elite LT or Elite WR?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Elite LT or Elite WR?

• Elite LT
    • Elite WR

Which would you rather have on your team? Viking are kind of in a similar position in this draft picking between Kalil and Blackmon (not sure I would call Blackmon elite though).

Anyways, which would you rather have on your team? I would personally rather have an elite WR. Calvin Johnson > Joe Thomas IMO. :yep: I just feel like having an elite LT won't do much if you don't have talent around it, but an elite WR like Megatron can make offense by himself.

I put LT, but only cuz Blackmon isn't the all the great imo. If it was a wr like Calvin Johnson I would have gone for WR.

Build in the trenches. It's always going to be LT. I'd say after QB your next most important position is LT.

Build in the trenches. It's always going to be LT. I'd say after QB your next most important position is LT.

This.

Seconded

Elite LT.

No doubt having a weapon like Calvin Johnson is great but you need a QB to get him the ball. What good is a WR if your QB is getting blind-sided all day long. Efficient protection = efficient offense (of course without taking scheme into consideration)

Depends on what happens to the other position. Does it have to be a weakness? If not, I'd definitely rather have an elite WR/solid LT than a solid WR/elite LT.

Elite whole offensive line vs an elite WR corps. But one player does not make a whole offensive line or a WR corps. As a single player I think a wideout has a bigger effect as a singular player than a singular offensive lineman on his.

I see what is happening here and I understand the concept. But megatron is the once in a generation player and could go down as the greatest at his position ever (although tracking Jerry will be hard) If youre doing the Calvin comparison then you have to put them in the same class. Like Jonathan Ogden vs Calvin.

That said though I would take LT all day. If your QB has six seconds to through somebody will break loose in coverage.

If I am the vikings though I draft Kalil.