Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Claiborne wants to play offense for Cowboys

I'm sorry I missed this whole thing, but Phail, Mathias, and Razor pretty much summed my thoughts up on it.

He also said every team he talked to prior to the draft said they don't care about the Wonderlic test. Dan Marino had a god awful score but I don't see anyone questing his intelligence or "retained knowledge."

Excuses excuses....If no team cared about Wonerlic tests they wouldnt ASK potential draft picks to take it lol

Edited by NYGIANTSFLYHIGH
  • Downvote 1

lol @ using Wonderlic scores as a measure of intelligence.

I think the "yes sir, yes sir, yes sir" phone call made him sound way dumber, and when I heard he got a 4 on the wonderlic, it kind of tied together.

It's like his agent said "don't screw this up, whatever they say, answer in yes sir." There is something good to be said about a "yes sir" guy... but when you can't add "yes sir, I'm looking forward to it too" or "yes sir, thank you for the opportunity, I won't let you down"... it makes you sound like a dumbass. It's basically the polite way to answer everything with "K."

McNabb got a 12 I think, and I thought he was a pretty smart guy. But a 4 is one of the all time lowest scores I've ever heard of. No matter how much you use not trying as an excuse.

I think the "yes sir, yes sir, yes sir" phone call made him sound way dumber, and when I heard he got a 4 on the wonderlic, it kind of tied together.

It's like his agent said "don't screw this up, whatever they say, answer in yes sir." There is something good to be said about a "yes sir" guy... but when you can't add "yes sir, I'm looking forward to it too" or "yes sir, thank you for the opportunity, I won't let you down"... it makes you sound like a dumbass. It's basically the polite way to answer everything with "K."

McNabb got a 12 I think, and I thought he was a pretty smart guy. But a 4 is one of the all time lowest scores I've ever heard of. No matter how much you use not trying as an excuse.

I didn't hear the phone call but I can say it sounds more polite and respectful than dumb the way you're describing it.

• Upvote 1

I'm still laughing at the fact that people are calling him names and lashing out at him because of his wonderlic. A few things here to realize,

1. He didn't FINISH the test. He walked out on it because he didn't feel it was important due to the fact they weren't football related questions.

2. He has had a learning disability since he was in 5th grade (I think) is what he said on the Rome show.

3. This guy is one of the most humble guys coming out.

If I was Claiborne, a guy who has become a national punch-line for anyone looking to get a good laugh, I would be absolutely furious with the media. He's not though. The guy doesn't even give a crap, because he knows he didn't even attempt to do well on the test by not finishing it. Along with the fact that he DOES have a learning disability, who caresabout his wonderlic?

With that said, I would absolutely love to see half the people lashing out at the guy take the wonderlic. Most are probably the same people that wouldn't score much higher than a 10.