Piggly Wiggly

#1 New York Rangers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New York Rangers
    • New Jersey Devils

I'm very similar to Phil when it comes to posting when your emotions are high. From an analytical view, you sound like a fool but at that point you don't really give a shit. You don't always have to post in the dialogue and mindset as if you're a paid analyst - that's the fun of a message board.

Speaking of which, I don't really feel like breaking this game down but I will say I'm very thankful to get outta MSG with a win. We dominated the first, Rangers dominated the second, and the third was split. Fortunately, we were able to get back to the forecheck (props to NYR for thwarting that) and get that clinching goal from Carter. Our fourth line has really been brilliant these whole playoffs and Gionta was awesome last night.

Game 6 friday night!! It would really be nice for us to close out this series at home!

I'm very similar to Phil when it comes to posting when your emotions are high. From an analytical view, you sound like a fool but at that point you don't really give a shit. You don't always have to post in the dialogue and mindset as if you're a paid analyst - that's the fun of a message board.

Exactly. And I'll retract my ''season's over'' statement since they fought back after they went down 3-0. They dominated play, really. Up until after they got that game tying goal. No sense of urgency after that goal which just pissed me the fuck off. Glad they made a game out of it, but that was one hell of an awful tease. Hence the rage inside me after the game.

Not sure how they're going to come out Friday night. Whatever they do, they have to somehow find a way to score that first goal. Should they win, though, I think they go on to win the series.

Exactly. And I'll retract my ''season's over'' statement since they fought back after they went down 3-0. They dominated play, really. Up until after they got that game tying goal. No sense of urgency after that goal which just pissed me the fuck off. Glad they made a game out of it, but that was one hell of an awful tease. Hence the rage inside me after the game.

Not sure how they're going to come out Friday night. Whatever they do, they have to somehow find a way to score that first goal. Should they win, though, I think they go on to win the series.

I agree with that last sentiment. Going into tonight I almost feel like this is Game 7 for the Devils just as much as it is for the Rangers. I'm not sure we could go in and win ANOTHER game in MSG (which would make 3 of 4 there).

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I agree with that last sentiment. Going into tonight I almost feel like this is Game 7 for the Devils just as much as it is for the Rangers.

Too bad that only one of your players thinks that way. :happy:

@ChrisBottaNHL: was surprised to just hear one member of the #NJDevils declare that Game 6 was an absolute must-win for his team. Stephen Gionta was a guest of Scott Ferrall on Howard 101. Ferrall told Gionta he didn't see any way possible that the Devils would win a Game 7, could not possibly beat Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers at Madison Square Garden three games in the same series. Gionta, who was a funny and gracious guest, said he could not argue with Farrell and said Game 6 on Friday was a must-win.

And remember the Brodeur quote when he was referring to the Marty chants?

That was great...If I come back for Game 7, I hope they are going to do better.

''If I come back for Game 7'' is the last thing I would want to hear from my goaltender if you're trying close out the series in the next game at home lol.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Damn this team to hell. Gutless fucking cowards.

Well now the Rangers are fucked. :troll:

:panic:

Ok, Phil, now you can say it, the Rangers are done :p

Devils in 6 or 7. :yep:

Thanks for the utter disappointment and heartbreak, Rangers. 2006 - choked at the end of the season and got swept by the fucking Devils. 2007 - less than 8 seconds away from taking a 3-2 series lead against Buffalo, but they choke on their cocks and the Sabres go on to take the series. 2008 - got fucking trounced by Pittsburgh. 2009 - blew a god damned 3-1 series lead against the Caps. 2010 - choked in a shootout in the last regular season game to be eliminated from postseason contention. 2011 - got embarrassed by the Caps. 2012 - played like fucking chumps in game 4 and game 5.

I'd love to say this team will rebound from this like the Blackhawks (lost in Conf. Final in 2009 and won Stanley Cup following year), but I'm starting to think it'll never happen. This team just doesn't fucking have it. Fucking disgrace.

New Jersey's power play goal was a thing of beauty. Passing cannot get any better.

Also, the Rangers lose, New York loses, Tortorella loses...this is a great day.

New Jersey's power play goal was a thing of beauty. Passing cannot get any better.

Also, the Rangers lose, New York loses, Tortorella loses...this is a great day.

That second goal by New Jersey was just amazing. Perfect passing. That's how you execute.

Still kind of can't believe we finished 4th in the Atlantic Division and we are the Eastern Conference Champions! We also beat the Flyers and Rangers to make it to the Stanley Cup, my two most hated teams.

It was getting so annoying leading up to the game with all the talk from Ranger fans about 1994 this 1994 that and not realizing they were two completely different situations. They failed to realize the 94 team was practically a superteam, meanwhile these two teams were fairly even.

Also bravo to Pete DeBoer. First year as head coach and we're in the Stanley Cup. He also gets under Torts skin and pisses him off. Came out with a gameplan to dominate the Flyers. We may have finally found a long term solution behind the bench.

But yeah I really can't put into words how all those feels. This is awesome. I don't mind the Stanley Cup not starting until Wednesday because I'll need all that time to soak it in.

I really wish this series had gone the full seven games. I really enjoyed watching these two play.

That second goal by New Jersey was just amazing. Perfect passing. That's how you execute.

Still kind of can't believe we finished 4th in the Atlantic Division and we are the Eastern Conference Champions! We also beat the Flyers and Rangers to make it to the Stanley Cup, my two most hated teams.

It was getting so annoying leading up to the game with all the talk from Ranger fans about 1994 this 1994 that and not realizing they were two completely different situations. They failed to realize the 94 team was practically a superteam, meanwhile these two teams were fairly even.

Also bravo to Pete DeBoer. First year as head coach and we're in the Stanley Cup. He also gets under Torts skin and pisses him off. Came out with a gameplan to dominate the Flyers. We may have finally found a long term solution behind the bench.

But yeah I really can't put into words how all those feels. This is awesome. I don't mind the Stanley Cup not starting until Wednesday because I'll need all that time to soak it in.

Huh, I never posted in the topic since we eliminated the Rangers lol...this basically sums up my thoughts, though. :yep: