1. 1. Who will win?

• New York Rangers
    • New Jersey Devils

Series begins Monday night at 8pm.

7 home games for the Rangers...

:troll:

Going with my New York hatred gut on this one. Devils in six. :yep:

Devils in 6 or 7. :yep:

Rangers have been through two game-7 series to teams that as the 1-seed, they really shouldn't have.

Devils in 5 or 6.

lygZ8.jpg

Has there been a luckier run than this Rangers team? Getting to play the three lowest seeds in the East...

Has there been a luckier run than this Rangers team? Getting to play the three lowest seeds in the East...

Because we all know the Devils had an extremely tough road with that perennial playoff team known as the Panthers and a team with no defense nor any goaltending in the Flyers. :rolleyes:

Call me crazy, but I don't think the Devils will be as tough to beat as the Sens or Caps. And I don't think the Rangers already having to play 2 Game 7s will be much of a factor. This Rangers team is a very young group.

Look at their ''core'' group...

Stepan - 21

Kreider - 21

Del Zotto - 21

McDonagh - 22

Anisimov - 23

Hagelin - 23

Staal - 25

Stralman - 25

Boyle - 27

Callahan - 27

Girardi - 28

Lundqvist - 30

Gaborik - 30

Richards - 32

Tons of youth. A lack of rest won't hurt them that much.

Because we all know the Devils had an extremely tough road with that perennial playoff team known as the Panthers and a team with no defense nor any goaltending in the Flyers. :rolleyes:

The Flyers are much better than any team you had to face. Just stating facts.

The Flyers are much better than any team you had to face. Just stating facts.

Unlike the Flyers, the Sens and Caps actually had a competent goaltender and defense. Beating an overrated Pens team doesn't make the Flyers world beaters and ''DEY SO MUCH BETTER THAN OTTAWA AND WASHINGTON, DAWG!!!!111''.

Considering the Flyers went 0-6 against the Rangers this year, I doubt they would have been able to take the Rangers 7 games. Just a hunch.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the Devils will be as tough to beat as the Sens or Caps. And I don't think the Rangers already having to play 2 Game 7s will be much of a factor. This Rangers team is a very young group.

I seem to also recall you saying that Ottawa was a better team than Washington and it wouldn't take you 7 games to take out the Caps.

So your order of the three teams are: Ottawa > Washington > New Jersey?

Or is that merely the order of how well they match up against New York?

Any group of people having played fourteen games with little rest inbetween each series is going to feel it. Older athletes might feel it more, but it's still going to be a problem.

I think one of two things happen.

Either A) the two 7-game series and the sloppy play catch up to the Rangers and the Devils pretty much maul them, or B) the Rangers finally hit their stride having shaken off and survived their slow start, in which case they take it in 6 or 7.

My money's on the first option.

Edited by Thanatos19

I seem to also recall you saying that Ottawa was a better team than Washington and it wouldn't take you 7 games to take out the Caps.

So your order of the three teams are: Ottawa > Washington > New Jersey?

Washington > Ottawa > New Jersey. :coffee:

Also, this was apparently an e-mail that Devils recently sent out:

Additionally, because both teams remaining in the other series have fan bases in close proximity, we ask you to be as dedicated as the last two rounds in ensuring that The Rock is filled with as much RED as possible. Please once again consider that collective rallying cry as you make your decisions on whether or not to pick up additional seats for re-sale. We ask that if you are interested in re-sale, that you do everything in your power to try to get the tickets in the hands of other Devils fans specifically. We know many of you had friends that came out to Rounds 1 and 2 and this is the perfect opportunity to invite them back for what should be an epic series. As a fan base, this is our opportunity to collectively establish The Rock as the BEST home ice advantage in the NHL. You as fans, have the power to make that happen!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good lord, that is some desperation. They are damn well scared of Rangers fans flooding their arena. Can't wait for games 3 & 4 at MSG West. :devious:

Washington > Ottawa > New Jersey. :coffee:

Also, this was apparently an e-mail that Devils recently sent out:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good lord, that is some desperation. They are damn well scared of Rangers fans flooding their arena. Can't wait for games 3 & 4 at MSG West. :devious:

Considering fans living in Jersey tend to support New York teams anyway (I believe you qualify for that, yes?) AND the fact that the Rangers are an original six team, it's not that impressive for the Rangers to make the Rock a ratio of 60-40. I'd expect it, really.

Add in the fact that seats in the Prudential Center are a hell of a lot cheaper than that old dump you call MSG is then again, not surprising in the least that Rangers fans come to the Rock.

Oh, and lol @ you're scale in rating your opponents. So let's see, at the start of each new round the Rangers advanced through, you added the new opponent to the end of the list? First you said Ottawa would be cake, then said Washington isn't as tough as them, and now you're declaring both teams are better than the Devils?

Cute pattern.

Edited by Maverick
  • Upvote 1

I'm really excited for this series! I think it will be great and very entertaining :D

With that said, I think the Devils will win it in six games.

Hopefully they take a page out of Big Blues book, and take all the "They shouldnt even be here" talk and use it as motivation. Im not sure how the best team in hockey the entire regular season isnt entitled to having a few close series. But instead to just be called lucky...

What is it about people talking luck and NY, cant we just be better when backs are against the wall? Meh.

Hopefully they take a page out of Big Blues book, and take all the "They shouldnt even be here" talk and use it as motivation. Im not sure how the best team in hockey the entire regular season isnt entitled to having a few close series. But instead to just be called lucky...

What is it about people talking luck and NY, cant we just be better when backs are against the wall? Meh.

Who said the #1 seed shouldn't be here lol?

Who said the #1 seed shouldn't be here lol?

Just listening to WFAN this morning, lot of people calling in saying that. 2 7 game series vs 7 and 8 seeds, theyre lucky to be here, yaddy yaddy yadda....Evan Roberts (the host on right now) is a big Islander fan, so he is egging everyone on lol.

Just listening to WFAN this morning, lot of people calling in saying that. 2 7 game series vs 7 and 8 seeds, theyre lucky to be here, yaddy yaddy yadda....Evan Roberts (the host on right now) is a big Islander fan, so he is egging everyone on lol.

WFAN ain't nothing without Mad Dog anymore lol. :yep:

I don't know what those people actually mean so I can't speak for them, but here's my take: Their wins haven't been lucky, but you can call them lucky to still be alive as far as having to play in two Game 7s already and surviving. It's probably shocked a lot of people too because it was generally thought that the Rangers were dominant and I don't think anybody saw the 7th and 8th seed taking them to Game 7.

I don't know what those people actually mean so I can't speak for them, but here's my take: Their wins haven't been lucky, but you can call them lucky to still be alive as far as having to play in two Game 7s already and surviving. It's probably shocked a lot of people too because it was generally thought that the Rangers were dominant and I don't think anybody saw the 7th and 8th seed taking them to Game 7.

Yeah cant disagree with that at all. Bottom line is we are just not a good offensive team. We rely emmensely on Hank and 30+ blocked shots per game. If we're gona win this series, we have to play better offfensively. While in my opinion the actual defense of the Devils is not as good as Washington or Ottowa, they have the most dominating big game goaltender of all time. I think we will get more scoring opportunities as far as shots on goal than the previous 2 series....but in the end, Marty B is the difference....so Devils in 7

The overall series win may not have been lucky, but the game 5 win was pretty lucky. Despite the Caps poor play when we were up 2-1, it still took a very bad penalty with an empty net for them to score with 7 seconds left.

If the Caps clear it one more time, it's game over, and the Caps, in all likelihood, win the series.

Such is hockey. Just like in the NFL, luck plays a part in any championship run.

Edited by Thanatos19

Blah going with Rangers in 7, still in amazement we have made it this far. Everyone picking the Devils is worrying me.

Considering fans living in Jersey tend to support New York teams anyway (I believe you qualify for that, yes?) AND the fact that the Rangers are an original six team, it's not that impressive for the Rangers to make the Rock a ratio of 60-40. I'd expect it, really.

Devils have pretty dog shit fan support, though lol. Even during the years that they won three Stanley Cup, the attendance at Devils games was absolutely putrid. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be, but they're still near the bottom even though they have a new state-of-the-art arena lol.

My (bold) prediction for this series: Devils take game 1 and the Rangers take the next four and clinch the series in game 5. :yep: I feel a lot more confident about this series than the ECSF with the Caps.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

I'll say Devils in 7 long, tough games. I think that NY's offensive troubles will finally catch up to them.

First goal is gonna be HUGE.

Wow. What an excellent first game. Both teams had the chances but it was King Henrik coming up big.

For a moment, I figured the game was headed for OT, until the Rangers scored. From then on, they took control.

And why was Brodeur pulled a second time?! The game was over, and the shutout wasn't getting ruined.