Piggly Wiggly

#1 New York Rangers vs. #6 New Jersey Devils

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New York Rangers
    • New Jersey Devils

If Zach Parise signs with Rangers,that will be one hell of a team..

A lot can change before the Finals. I know you're relatively new to hockey but there are teams who have done what the Kings are doing and lost in the Stanley Cup.

Wow. That's really odd.

The other teams that had this happen, were they just facing really weak opponents or did they simply collapse?

Edited by Thanatos19

So the Rangers have one true 5-on-5 goal in 160 minutes of this series and it's not from a forward (Dan Girardi).

In addition to the Kings comment, I have a feeling they're road wouldn't be that easy if they were in the East. Not taking anything away from their success this post-season, just something to consider when saying they'll crush in the Cup Final...

As far as today's game goes, basically a Game 1 repeat. Devils - for the most part - controlled the game but because Hank was on form he kept his boys in it and they got two quick goals to seal the win in the 3rd. DeBoer gambles too early pulling Marty, but it wouldn't have mattered because we weren't scoring anyway.

On the positive side, contrary to what lolPhil thought, there was a lot of red in the arena. I'd say the ratio was about 70-30 65-35. I'm wondering if the weekday game will be worse or better....

Going into Game 4 I can't complain too much about where the series is at. Down two games to one with another one to play in Jersey before heading back to NY, I'll take that. It's tough to take you when break the games down and the series could be easily reversed, but that is hockey.

In addition to the Kings comment, I have a feeling they're road wouldn't be that easy if they were in the East. Not taking anything away from their success this post-season, just something to consider when saying they'll crush in the Cup Final...

As far as today's game goes, basically a Game 1 repeat. Devils - for the most part - controlled the game but because Hank was on form he kept his boys in it and they got two quick goals to seal the win in the 3rd. DeBoer gambles too early pulling Marty, but it wouldn't have mattered because we weren't scoring anyway.

On the positive side, contrary to what lolPhil thought, there was a lot of red in the arena. I'd say the ratio was about 70-30 65-35. I'm wondering if the weekday game will be worse or better....

Going into Game 4 I can't complain too much about where the series is at. Down two games to one with another one to play in Jersey before heading back to NY, I'll take that. It's tough to take you when break the games down and the series could be easily reversed, but that is hockey.

Yeah I think it's easy to say that if you broke this series down minute by minute the Devils have probably been the team. But like you said it doesn't always work like that and now the Devils find themselves down 2-1 in the series.

I mean so far in this series if it wasn't for Lundqvist the Rangers would be an average team but he just finds a way to keep them in it. Hopefully we can figure him out. I feel bad for Brodeur because he has been playing some good goaltending himself.

NEW YORK -- New York Rangers forward Brandon Prust has been suspended for one game for elbowing New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov during the teams' Eastern Conference Final game in New Jersey on Saturday, May 19, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 2:31 of the second period.

For a full explanation of the decision, complete with video, please click on the following link: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=178549.

Dreamed last night/this morning that the Rangers took a 3-1 series lead and were just one win away from the SCF. Felt good man :happy:

Rangers have to turn my dream into a reality tonight. :pray:

make-it-so.jpg

Devils gon' whoop dat Ranger ass. Phil gon' cry.

Stralman and Del Zotto. :facepalm:

Ugh, never fucking easy with this team.

Dirty fucking communist.

Shanahan won't have any balls to suspend him because he's a ''superstar'', though. :rolleyes:

Bar none, the best moment of the series, thus far:

Just an absolute rampage by Rupp. Tossing guys down to the ice like rag dolls, giving Brodeur a shove (and Mary being over dramatic, of course), and Bernier bouncing off of him like some child. Pure gold.

lol Phil, you humor me trying to find good in that embarrassing collapse last night. You must have had about four penalties and a game misconduct in the third period alone :rofl:

My uncle called me on the way home from work last night and had an extra ticket if I wanted it. 9 ROWS FROM THE ICE. Needless to say, I jumped at that fucking thing!!! I've never been to an ECF before and the experience was awesome. Voice is hoarse but it was well worth it.

Here's what the view looked like from the seats:

9pt7qf.jpg

I gots some Rangers pics for you too, Philly. :yep:

Epic seats for a playoff game, Mav. That must have been a blast.

Epic seats for a playoff game, Mav. That must have been a blast.

Thanks, man. Yeah it was a blessing to get that call from my uncle on my way home from work. My dad and I were debating whether or not to buy tickets when they were first announced (he's a Rangers fan) but it just wasn't in either of our budgets at the time, so this was a pleasant surprise to say the least. This definitely goes down as one of my top experiences ever. Atmosphere was awesome.

Here's some shots of your Rangers, Phillip:

2cqo3g6.jpg

2v008dc.jpg

I would totally be jelly, but the Rangers got their asses kicked last night, thus I am not. :nonono::shifty:

This team pisses me off so fucking much. Those utter dog shit seasons from 1998-2004 were a lot more easier to swallow than this bullshit and faggotry. Team is such a fucking tease. Fuck this.

Ya know Phil, I'm starting to think you're not cut out for this whole sports fan thing.

Elaborate.

Elaborate.

You just seem to have trouble when a really good team doesn't actually win a championship. Couldn't stop complaining about the Patriots that came within a hail mary away from winning the Super Bowl, can't handle the not-yet eliminated Rangers in the ECF.

You just seem to have trouble when a really good team doesn't actually win a championship. Couldn't stop complaining about the Patriots that came within a hail mary away from winning the Super Bowl, can't handle the not-yet eliminated Rangers in the ECF.

God forbid a fan rants about a ''really good team'' throughout the season. Definitely immoral if you dish out any negative comments about a postseason team. I'll rant about the A's who are awful, and I'll rant about the Super Bowl participant Patriots. It's a part of being a fan. Sorry if it bothers you. :shrug:

Oh, and just to add...

Say the Rangers go on to win the Cup... I guarantee that I rant and vent in almost every game leading up to a Cup victory. Even with wins, there's always low points of games that I won't be happy with. It's simple... when the team isn't playing well, I'm not happy, so I'm gonna rant. And when the team is playing well, I'll probably have positive things to say. I mean, it's just fan nature. Really not sure where this ''oh, you're close to winning a championship, so you should ALWAYS have rose-colored glasses on'' logic comes from. Not sure if you've realized this, but the playoffs are a roller coaster of emotions.

Just some food for thought.

Oh, and just to add...

Say the Rangers go on to win the Cup... I guarantee that I rant and vent in almost every game leading up to a Cup victory. Even with wins, there's always low points of games that I won't be happy with. It's simple... when the team isn't playing well, I'm not happy, so I'm gonna rant. And when the team is playing well, I'll probably have positive things to say. I mean, it's just fan nature. Really not sure where this ''oh, you're close to winning a championship, so you should ALWAYS have rose-colored glasses on'' logic comes from. Not sure if you've realized this, but the playoffs are a roller coaster of emotions.

Just some food for thought.

there's a difference between saying "this team needs to play better" and saying "this team is done" what you're describing is the former, what you're doing is the latter

• Upvote 1

God forbid a fan rants about a ''really good team'' throughout the season. Definitely immoral if you dish out any negative comments about a postseason team. I'll rant about the A's who are awful, and I'll rant about the Super Bowl participant Patriots. It's a part of being a fan. Sorry if it bothers you. :shrug:

There's a lot wrong saying you'd rather watch the garbage Ranger teams than a team that, to this point, still has a shot at the Stanley Cup.

You called the team DONE before the end of the first period of a game where they can't even be eliminated and they came back to tie it.

And no you whine WAY more than the average sports fan despite the fact you usually deal with more success than the average sports fan.

And it's your own fault. You set your expectations too high, maybe you should lower them a bit (saying the Rangers would win this in 5 for instance). You can lower your expectations but still have just as much confidence in your team in my opinion (by saying they're not done when they're not....).

I'll post my thoughts on the actual game after I watch it later but I'm thrilled to be up 3-2!!! :rock: