Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Ex-Bengal guarantees RB Herron starts Week 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

Ex-Bengals RB Pete Johnson guarantees that sixth-round RB Dan Herron will be Cincinnati's starting tailback by Week 1.

Take this with a massive grain of salt, as Johnson has zero say in the Bengals' front office and his only apparent connection to Herron is that both attended Ohio State. That said, Herron is an intriguing rookie to watch, as the Bengals' running back unit is underwhelming. Injuries are they only way he'll start Week 1, but if BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Bernard Scott disappoint, Herron could quickly enter the fold, especially on third down. May 20 - 11:20 AM

Source: Bengals.com

Boom is a powerful runner. I always liked him but not sure if he is a feature back. I hope he finds success in the NFL.

Where is Cedric Benson?

Where is Cedric Benson?

He's a free agent that has yet to make any visits to any teams this offseason. There has been pretty much no interest in him at this point.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM...Will never be a starter in the NFL. Not to mention he is hurt right now.

Haven't they signed BenJarvus Green-Ellis?

Yeah, but when has BJGE been anything more than a back in a committee? I imagine Jay Gruden is going to have a multi back system, no one back could really be called the starter, much like New England and New Orleans.

I think BJGE can at least give the Bengals the same production that Cedric Benson has given them the last four years if not more. I do not know a whole lot about Herron but from what I read he appears to be a solid RB prospect. Scott seems to be more of a complementary back. If Herron can be productive then they have a good group at RB.

Yeah, but when has BJGE been anything more than a back in a committee? I imagine Jay Gruden is going to have a multi back system, no one back could really be called the starter, much like New England and New Orleans.

In 2010 when he was a 1000 yard rusher with a 4.4 YPC average. He was in an extremely pass heavy offense his entire career and has NEVER fumbled the football.

The Bengals might have just made one of the best FA pickups this year.