Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

looks like Season 1 hits Netflix the same day, I might have to get my DVR recording Season 2 and see how long it takes to catch up (I'm assuming you're talking about Flash)

looks like Season 1 hits Netflix the same day, I might have to get my DVR recording Season 2 and see how long it takes to catch up (I'm assuming you're talking about Flash)

I am talking about The Flash! And I been waiting for them to put it on Netflix! :ooo:

I just watched the premier of Agents of Shield, and holy crap this season's gonna be good

I have some serious concerns about some of the liberties that the writers of Gotham are taking with the story, but it's being done so well I kind of don't care.

@Oochy, one of the best premiers of all time. Dayummm.

Flash better be damn good if it's gonna keep up with these shows.

Gotham... Ohhhhhhhhh baby

This show is so amazing. Lucius Fox in the house :rock: Trying to think of something I don't like about the show but, don't think I have anything.

Gotham... Ohhhhhhhhh baby

This show is so amazing. Lucius Fox in the house :rock: Trying to think of something I don't like about the show but, don't think I have anything.

It is super good. But.

I don't like them making Barbara into Harley Quinn... though I actually like Barbara now, that just definitely seems like the way they're going with her and it just doesn't quite click with me because of who she is. It also kind of twists with me them meddling with a Joker origin story, which has historically kind of been a no-no outside of a couple books. However, the kid is very good and also one of my favorite parts of the show lol.

yeah, I think the Barbara story line is the only part I don't like about Gotham, it just feels weird

Edited by oochymp

All this hype is making me interested, but I highly doubt I will watch them.

I am mulling the idea of watching Gotham since it is on Netflix now. But it is still hard to force myself to watch.

Can you guys explain to me what you like about AOS and Gotham. Maybe convince me.

The first part of AoS is meh but worth getting through to get to the good stuff in the second season. Kinda cool to see some of the behind the scenes SHiELD stuff. once it goes from being a baddy of the week show to getting to the meat of the story it gets way better and also using the show to introduce characters for the extended Marvel Universe is a lot more frequent now. Clark Gregg is very watchable as Coulson and he carries the show, especially in the early going.

both shows have a lot of great characters, which is really what makes any show fun to watch

Agents of Shield adds great depth to the MCU and gets to go a lot deeper into different areas that the movies can't, I'm not sure how to really explain it without giving major spoilers but I guess I'll just say it gives you a great look at people gaining powers and making that transition that often seems too automatic in the movies

Gotham is fun just because it's a new (as far as I'm aware) twist on a familiar story, it's fun to see someone explore the backstories of some of these characters

Edited by oochymp

I'm not sure what to think about this one

Maybe AoS will include the missing 90 minutes of the Fantastic Four movie.

super intrigued where Jemma is. I'm guessing one of the other 8 realms.

Didn't like how Fitz was suddenly fixed and a super badass, but he's cool af so...

Edited by theMileHighGuy

It is super good. But.

I don't like them making Barbara into Harley Quinn... though I actually like Barbara now, that just definitely seems like the way they're going with her and it just doesn't quite click with me because of who she is. It also kind of twists with me them meddling with a Joker origin story, which has historically kind of been a no-no outside of a couple books. However, the kid is very good and also one of my favorite parts of the show lol.

I do agree that the Barbara stuff is the weakest point of the show. But I still don't buy that she is Harley... Or maybe I just don't want to believe that. lol.

Performance by Cameron / Jerome makes that a complete non-issue for me. He's just so good. I still love Nygma the most though and he's getting more and more interesting.

Maybe AoS will include the missing 90 minutes of the Fantastic Four movie.

super intrigued where Jemma is. I'm guessing one of the other 8 realms.

Didn't like how Fitz was suddenly fixed and a super badass, but he's cool af so...

my guess on Jemma:

that's gonna build up to tie in Guardians

I'm know way behind but I just watched the first two episodes of Arrow on Netflix, not sure why I haven't gotten into this series sooner, we'll see how long it takes me to catch up

HBO Confirms Initial Talks for Watchmen Series

Lucas Siegel- 10/02/2015

watchmen-movie-lineup-153630.jpg

HBO confirmed to Deadline that they have had at least early talks about a Watchmen series after yesterday's reports. Their statement was short and sweet, and full of caution.

"Preliminary discussions regarding Watchmen have occurred, but we have no additional information and no deals are in place."

So, it is a thing, it is a thing at HBO, but it's not a thing yet, basically.

The initial report was that Zack Snyder, who directed the Watchmen movie released in 2009, was in discussions with HBO about adapting the comic book again, this time as a series. No details have been discovered about just how that would be done, whether it's adapting the prequel series that were released by DC Comics a few years ago, or doing original stories set in that universe. If HBO's statement is to be believed, maybe they haven't figured that out just yet either.

After Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is released next spring, he has the two-part Justice League epic to put together, which all of WB/DC Entertainment's other films will revolve around. So chance are, he's not going to be heavily involved in a TV series anytime soon.

LINK: http://comicbook.com/2015/10/02/hbo-confirms-initial-talks-for-watchmen-series/

I'm know way behind but I just watched the first two episodes of Arrow on Netflix, not sure why I haven't gotten into this series sooner, we'll see how long it takes me to catch up

alright, I'm really torn, I watched three episodes tonight, so I'm five episodes in total, there's a lot I really like about the overall story, but the writing is really bad and the acting is a very small step above terrible

alright, I'm really torn, I watched three episodes tonight, so I'm five episodes in total, there's a lot I really like about the overall story, but the writing is really bad and the acting is a very small step above terrible

Haha welcome to the Arrow :smug:

Naw, but I would say it's worth suffering through. I wouldn't say watching the first two seasons made me a fan of it, but its interesting enough to binge watch. Season 1 is a little slow to get moving though.

Please remember that Butta likes the new fant 4 stick movie so take what he says with a HUGE grain of salt. :p

Just remember, Oliver Queen is supposed to be stilted as hell. He's been trapped on a hellish island for 5 years with almost no human contact shhh, and is basically trying to figure out how to be a human. I mean, the writing is still cheesy as fuck, the target audience for CW shows is actually 13-18 year old girls... but at the very least that part is consistent.

Nobody talking about the Flash premiere? Some fans you are.

EDIT:

OLIVER QUEEN IS BACK MOFOS!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON? WHOSE GRAVESTONE IS THAT. :( WHY ARE THESE FLASHBACK STILL HAPPENING. IS DETECTIVE LANCE INSANE?!?

I. AM. THE GREEN ARROW! RAWR!

Edited by Favre4Ever

Marvel Announces Ant-Man and the Wasp for 2018 - IGN

Marvel has added another film to Phase 3: Ant-Man and The Wasp will be released on July 6, 2018.

The announcement means a couple of Phase 3 movies will be moved around. Black Panther moves up to February 16, 2018 (previously July 2018) and Captain Marvel will now come out on March 8, 2019 (previously October 2018).
:hifiver: not that this is a surprise to anyone, they also announced three unnamed movies for 2020, again in a surprise to noone
Edited by oochymp