Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Report: Warner Bros. is targeting Summer 2015 for Justice League to compete against Avengers sequel

Summer 2015 looks like it may see the world's two most popular superhero teams go head-to-head. The LA Times is reporting that Warner Bros. is targeting their big screen ensemble, Justice League, for the same summer as Marvel's The Avengers 2.

There's still no director attached, but Justice League has a screenplay from Will Beall. Plot details are few, but the lineup of heroes is said to include (at least) Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

The same article notes that the studio wanted The Dark Knight Rises' Christopher Nolan to produce the team-up, but that he declined. Nolan is serving as producer on the upcoming Man of Steel, however. While there's no official confirmation as of yet, it is widely believed that the intent is to carry Henry Cavill's Superman character over to the Justice League feature.

Whether or not Justice League winds up having any ties to previous DC Comics adaptations, the intention of the studio is to spinoff characters into their own franchises post-2015.

I saw the first two episodes of Arrow tonight, real impressed. I'm going to try and keep watching.

I like the show, but...

I think they revealed the whole "the yacht was sabotaged" bit way too early. It's probably just to help ratings and to make sure there is a 2nd season and onward, but... Eh.

Update on the Deadpool movie project, the attached director wants to move forward with it, but FOX has yet to go forward.

Though he was promoting the Kickstarter for The Goon film, Tim Miller, the director for the proposed Deadpool movie, took a few minutes to talk about the progress on the movie....

"We've turned in an amazing script and done some early tests and visual development that--I'm confident--would get the fans stoked. And Ryan still loves the project. So it's really up to Fox as to whether or not the film happens--all I can do is hope (and beg periodically) that it be allowed to move ahead."

Those early tests he speaks about were the last thing we heard about the film. All that is known is that Miller will direct the film from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick with Ryan Reynolds set to return as the Merc with a Mouth.

I still think FOX is turned off by the idea of a rated R movie based on a comic and will turn it down, but there is a lot of people including myself who can't wait to see Wadey on the big screen.

If turning it down makes them go back to the table and rework things... Mainly Ryan Reynolds, I am fine with more delay.

I watched Iron Man: Extremis last night on Hulu.

It's an animated show split up into six segments at about 10 minutes per episode.

I actually thought it was pretty good for the most part. It's much more darker than the IM movies. Apparently some of IM3 will be based on it, though.

Edited by BLUE

If turning it down makes them go back to the table and rework things... Mainly Ryan Reynolds, I am fine with more delay.

Reynolds wasn't the problem with the character in the gay Wolverine movie. I'm fine with him in the role, he has a history of acting in action and comedy that can make the real Deadpool work.

Reynolds wasn't the problem with the character in the gay Wolverine movie. I'm fine with him in the role, he has a history of acting in action and comedy that can make the real Deadpool work.

I agree, but I think he is getting overrated for the possibility he could make the Merc work. I prefer other options.

Anybody watch Comic Book Men?

Edited by Favre4Ever

I agree, but I think he is getting overrated for the possibility he could make the Merc work. I prefer other options.

Anybody watch Comic Book Men?

I would prefer someone else, but Reynolds being involved won't scare me away. I love Deadpool and want to see him on the big screen already. Comic book movies are popular, and he is one of the most popular comic characters around, he needs his own movie.

Also, I completly forgot to watch that show last night. lol

I would prefer someone else, but Reynolds being involved won't scare me away. I love Deadpool and want to see him on the big screen already. Comic book movies are popular, and he is one of the most popular comic characters around, he needs his own movie.

Also, I completly forgot to watch that show last night. lol

Oh ya, Ryan won't scare me away from a Deadpool movie... haha.

I think Michael C. Hall (Dexter) would make for an AWESOME Deadpool.

That, is going to be awesome. Seems to have a different feel than the Favreau films did.

Yeah, I saw the IM3 trailer this morning before work. It was epic.

I did three reviews this week, check 'em out. :yep:

Next week will probably be an off week for reviews as there isn't anything coming out worth anything.

But my plans for future reviews...

November 7th, 2012

Detective Comics #14

Deadpool #1

Iron Man #1

November 14th, 2012

All-New X-Men #1

Amazing Spider-Man #697

Batman #14

Fantastic Four #1*

Gambit #5*

Thor: God of Thunder #1*

X-Men: Legacy #1*

November 21st, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man #698

Captain America #1*

Deadpool #2

Indestrictuble Hulk #1

Iron Man #2

November 28th, 2012

All-New X-Men #2

Before Watchmen: Rorschach #3

Punisher War Zone #2

Thor: God of Thunder #2*

X-Men: Legacy #2*

December 5th, 2012

All-New X-Men #3

Amazing Spider-Man #699

Avengers #1

Deadpool #3

Detective Comics #15

Iron Man #3

Thunderbolts #1

* = Something I won't commit to reviewing or buying, but am leaning towards. In some cases, a review depends on if I get previous books first, as in the case of Gambit.

Watched some Comic Book Men tonight... Episode 2 of this season is HILARIOUS.

Don't want to spoil much, but the guys at the store split into teams and wager who can make the most money at an auction. The losing team has to reenact the wedding of Reed Richards and Sue Storm.

To die for. Love this show.. haha

Milla loves really unpopular, homosexual-leaning superheros. Aquaman is right up his alley.

Milla loves really unpopular, homosexual-leaning superheros. Aquaman is right up his alley.

Namor > Aquaman :yep:

On another note, I ended up doing a review this week after all.

I also finally got my hands on Gambit #2, and got #4 just to get it already. Won't touch it until I get #3 first. AvX Consequences #4 was the best one so far and I got an awesome graphic novel that JD is tots jelly of. :yep:

snapshot-3.png

The word on the street has been Jamie Foxx will play Electro in the The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Marc Webb all but confirmed it today speaking in a press conference about the DVD/Blu-Ray release of ASM.

"I think Jamie Foxx is electrifying!" Webb laughed when asked if the actor would, indeed, appear in the sequel. "I think Jamie Foxx is one of the best actors around today. He's such a great character actor and he's a really brilliant guy. I would love to work with him and you'll be hearing more on that shortly, I'm sure."

I am confident he can pull off just about anything. Let's give him a shot.

Anyone following Arrow?

Foxx is a good actor, so I'll give him a chance. It is an odd choice though.

As for Arrow, I love the show. Not a huge fan of Green Arrow (or Hawkeye), but the show has been done brilliantly. It has that same dark realistic grittyness that the Nolan Batman movies have.

Well damn, I guess Thor's gonna die.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/20/hemsworth-says-thor-the-dark-world-has-a-game-of-thrones-feel

Actor Chris Hemsworth credits director Alan Taylor with giving the now-filming Thor: The Dark World a different look and feel from its blockbuster predecessor, one more akin to a little TV series that Taylor's worked on: HBO's Game of Thrones.

"The look of the film is a lot bigger than what we did even previously. The first one worked and people loved it, but this is with a different director and just has a totally different feel. There's a definite Game of Thrones vibe thanks to Alan," Hemsworth told MTV.

"For Thor and Jane [Foster, played by Natalie Portman], there are some unanswered questions now, since obviously he didn't stop in and catch up with her in Avengers. Thor might have some explaining to do in this one," added Hemsworth.

"There's some fun to be had with that...And with Loki, we get down to the major bones of our conflict with everything that's come from Thor to Avengers to now."

Thor: The Dark World opens November 8, 2013