Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Flash

Why did it take 30 years for that breach to close while the others closed almost immediately? This show is so stupid... lmao

Flash Fact: The answer is always Speedforce

@Sperty

In context....as I was saying at the time it was worth watching to form an opinion of the movie instead of listening to everyone bashing it. The movie was worth seeing to really understand that the idea and execution was there with Trank. But then you can see what the real problem of the movie was rather than just assigning a vague blanket statement of "it sucks"

@Ferve

You can argue all you like, but even my partner can tell you, coming out of the movie I said I don't know if I would watch it twice because I know all the jokes and everything now. Before shooting the review (three days later) I said there were a lot of Easter eggs I didn't catch apparently and would need to see it again to catch everything. I love Jessica Jones to death...can't re-watch that series. A movie not being rewatchable TO ME doesn't mean I said it was bad. There is no reason for me to lie or back track. My reasons for saying I didn't want to watch it again made sense for my movie preference. And after hearing about all the stuff I missed I figured I would watch again to see that stuff. Still makes sense. So :pls:

The Flash

Jay :(

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10153165740966157

Official photography on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has started, and I couldn't be more stoked.

My favorite movie as a small child was The Strongest Man in the World, so I'm glad to announce that, yes, Kurt Russell has joined our cast and, yes, he is more awesome a dude than I ever could have imagined.

The last few days around here with him and our other new cast members, Pom Klementieff, Elizabeth Debicki, and Chris Sullivan, have been some of the best of my life. I never thought anyone was missing from our island of misfit toys, but now that these folks are here there feels like there was.

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Glenn Close are all returning.

We'll have more surprises for you in the coming months. But, for now, this will have to do.

I have to get back to set!

Have a great day, everybody.

12744716_10153165740966157_5309066470210

Nice additions to the cast. :ooo:

Edited by NotNotVin

Nice additions to the cast. :ooo:

mini Groot looks hilarious, but I really hope he isn't small for the whole movie

also, Sparty, spoiler tags are useless if you give no indication of what you're spoiling :notamused:

Legends of Tomorrow is getting reeeeeeeeeeeeally GOOD

Legends of Tomorrow is getting reeeeeeeeeeeeally GOOD

But in 6 months youll change your mind.

Have you guys ever thought about having a more natural like conversation flow in your videos rather than your current setup?

@Sperty

In context....as I was saying at the time it was worth watching to form an opinion of the movie instead of listening to everyone bashing it. The movie was worth seeing to really understand that the idea and execution was there with Trank. But then you can see what the real problem of the movie was rather than just assigning a vague blanket statement of "it sucks"

@Ferve

You can argue all you like, but even my partner can tell you, coming out of the movie I said I don't know if I would watch it twice because I know all the jokes and everything now. Before shooting the review (three days later) I said there were a lot of Easter eggs I didn't catch apparently and would need to see it again to catch everything. I love Jessica Jones to death...can't re-watch that series. A movie not being rewatchable TO ME doesn't mean I said it was bad. There is no reason for me to lie or back track. My reasons for saying I didn't want to watch it again made sense for my movie preference. And after hearing about all the stuff I missed I figured I would watch again to see that stuff. Still makes sense. So :pls:

The Flash

Jay :(

So let me get this straight: you say you love Jessica Jones to death but it wasn't rewatchable then tell us you've watched the flash's first season TWICE.... I think you need to get your priorities straight lol.

They may be cousins of Marvel, home to all things bright and colorful, but FOX's X-Men movies seem to be headed for the dark side, at least if this news is anything to go by.
According to Den of Geek, who often have strong insider knowledge, FOX have green-lit an R-rated Wolverine 3, and it's totally going down the Old Man Logan route. It may have something to do with that little-known indie movie Deadpool, but apparently this has been in the works for a while.

the article has a description of the 'Old Man Logan' story, but to me the bigger part of this story is the R rating, I mean with the success of Deadpool why not? I would anticipate the rating will end up being mostly for violence and language, at least I hope, although the first Wolverine movie did feature Hugh Jackman running naked across a farm so who knows

If they make it R just for the sake of being R, I don't like it. It's not like this franchise has much to los, however.

If they make it R just for the sake of being R, I don't like it. It's not like this franchise has much to los, however.

I did read somewhere else that they'd been considering the R rating prior to Deadpool's release, so there's that, and apparently the 'Old Man Logan' comics did feature some brutal stuff like decapitations, so I'm not sure it'd be just for the sake of being R, but I'm with you, it'd be nice if studios just made the movie then let the rating fall where it would

All rumors put to rest. Justice League and Snyder are moving forward as planned.

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg

A rated R Old Man Logan has potential, I just wonder who they have to replace the roles Hawkeye and Hulk play in that story. Or if they just go with a whole new story.

Rumors are about that both the Spawn movie and so will an animated adaptation of The Killing Joke. Both are worthy of R's, IMO... but it's funny how all this news is coming out now. ha

Killing Joke was set to be rated R awhile ago. Spawn original movie was rated R so no surprise there.

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10153162287591157

"The film has a self-deprecating tone that’s riotous. It’s never been done before. It’s poking fun at Marvel. That label takes itself so seriously, can you imagine them making fun of themselves in a movie? They’d rather stab themselves."

That's a quote from Deadline Hollywood, attributing it to a Hollywood "suit." I love Deadline and get a lot of my film business news from them. And I love Deadpool even more - the film is hilariously funny, has lots of heart, and is exactly what we need right now, taking true risks in spectacle film - but COME THE FUCK ON. That's no reason to rewrite history. This quote has to have been said by the dumbest fucking Hollywood exec in the history of dumb fucking Hollywood execs.

Let's ignore Guardians for a moment, a movie that survives from moment to moment building itself up and cutting itself down - God knows I'm biased about that one. But what do you think Favreau and Downey did in Iron Man? What the fuck was Ant-Man??!

Come on, Deadline.

After every movie smashes records people here in Hollywood love to throw out the definitive reasons why the movie was a hit. I saw it happen with Guardians. It "wasn't afraid to be fun" or it "was colorful and funny" etc etc etc. And next thing I know I hear of a hundred film projects being set up "like Guardians," and I start seeing dozens of trailers exactly like the Guardians trailer with a big pop song and a bunch of quips. Ugh.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Deadpool wasn't that. Deadpool was its own thing. THAT'S what people are reacting to. It's original, it's damn good, it was made with love by the filmmakers, and it wasn't afraid to take risks.

For the theatrical experience to survive, spectacle films need to expand their definition of what they can be. They need to be unique and true voices of the filmmakers behind them. They can't just be copying what came before them.

So, over the next few months, if you pay attention to the trades, you'll see Hollywood misunderstanding the lesson they should be learning with Deadpool. They'll be green lighting films "like Deadpool" - but, by that, they won't mean "good and original" but "a raunchy superhero film" or "it breaks the fourth wall." They'll treat you like you're stupid, which is the one thing Deadpool didn't do.

But hopefully in the midst of all this there will be a studio or two that will take the right lesson from this - like Fox did with Guardians by green-lighting Deadpool - and say - "Boy, maybe we can give them something they don't already have."

And that's who is going to succeed.

Have a great day.

I have to admit I am concerned that Deadpool's success will lead to studio interference fucking with the sequel. Part of the reason why the movie is so great is that it's made with care by people who were passionate about the character and the source material. Now FOX is going to attempt to jump on with this blockbuster franchise. Please, FOX execs learn your lesson from Fantastic Four and stay away. Let people make you money.

All rumors put to rest. Justice League and Snyder are moving forward as planned.

Cb2xyv5VIAEosno.jpg

They're gonna reboot the DC movie universe in a few years anyway. They can't even stop doing that with their own fucking source material.

I have to admit I am concerned that Deadpool's success will lead to studio interference fucking with the sequel. Part of the reason why the movie is so great is that it's made with care by people who were passionate about the character and the source material. Now FOX is going to attempt to jump on with this blockbuster franchise. Please, FOX execs learn your lesson from Fantastic Four and stay away. Let people make you money.

For what it's worth, the directors have come out and said they don't even want a crazy inflated budget next time around because they don't need it to capture the essence of Deadpool. That's great news, IMO. But I hope they do use some extra money to get more recognizable characters and cameos.

I read that Ryan Reynolds was paid $2M to star and help produce the movie. That's crazy. lol. Tim Miller, director, was paid $250K. Granted, Reynolds and Miller had escalators in their contract which has kicked in because Deadpool has surpassed half a billion dollars worldwide... But still. This project was a labor of love, and I think it will (for the most part) stay that way.

• Upvote 1

They're gonna reboot the DC movie universe in a few years anyway. They can't even stop doing that with their own fucking source material.

Yeah cause Marvel comics don't reboot their comic world at all :rog:

Yeah cause Marvel comics don't reboot their comic world at all :rog:

You didn't know DC is rebooting again? Edited by Wolverines Need to Die