Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Times change, and with that comes a changing of the guard. The current roster of Avengers and Marvel heroes cannot maintain their respective roles forever, and with that in mind the third phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has started to bring new heroes into the fray. One character that hasn’t debuted yet in the MCU is Namor the Sub-Mariner, despite the fact that he’s a fan favorite. The rights to the aquatic-themed character recently returned to Marvel, and one Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles actor wasted no time starting his campaign to nab the role.
During a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight to promote Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, actor Brian Tee expressed a profound interest in taking on the role of Namor the Sub-Mariner. He said:
" Just saying, Marvel Studios just picked up the rights to Namor, who is the Sub-Mariner, and I would love to play the Sub-Mariner. I grew up as a comic geek and the Sub-Mariner is one of my childhood's fondest superheroes. I feel like I can play him! If there is one role, right now, that I would love to play, it would be Namor. "

_1465054408.jpg

If he wants to play him so much Marvel should offer him to play him free. :smug:

As for Mystique being heroic...I guess this is technically an alternate time line.

As for Mystique being heroic...I guess this is technically an alternate time line.

This is a guess as I have seen Days of Futures past or Apocalypse yet but maybe it's eventually going to show her slow demise from love to hate of Xavier

Yeah, they have kind of played with that idea a little. In the end though she always comes back. It would be a great way to get her to fully go rogue once again in future movies though -- where she feels betrayed yet again and just doesn't find herself back. That may be unlikely though as it looks like we will still have a female villain next time around in Olivia Munn's Psylocke.

Finally got to see X-Men Apocalypse. I honestly didn't care for it. Didn't think it was anywhere close to as good as DoFP. My biggest complaint was Apocalypse himself. I don't have any problem with Oscar Isaac, but he wasn't right for this role. Even with all the CG and voice modulation he wasn't imposing in the least. One of the most powerful beings in the universe... is shorter than Storm. Not to mention, everytime I saw him I thought in my head "THAT'S ONE HELL OF A PILOT!!! WOO"

I didn't have that much problem with Mystique. They've been completely rewriting history for some time now so she's just a good guy in this world. It's the kind of world where Professor X would encourage Jean Grey to let the most powerful force in the universe take over.

Mystique was way too gorram blue... she looked stupid. Beast looked really stupid... like really fucking stupid... even worse than first class. Apocalypse looked stupid, and a lot of the special effects were just terrible. Like some of the scenes looked like they could've been pulled from a Syfy movie... I really didn't get it, the movie just fell flat with me for the most part.

Fassbender, Sansa Stark, Hugh Jackman, and Quicksilver were really the only saving graces of the movie.

Olivia Munn though good God. Aaron Rodgers is definitely the GOAT. :yep:

Also, I'm predicting that Dr. Strange will be Marvel's best film in the same way Nolan's Batman films were so great. It's going to be more than effects, fight scenes and one liners. There's a compelling message and journey to tell with this character.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 2

Looks like the Girl of Steel is about to get a visit from her famous cousin.

Warner Bros. Television and The CW announced today that after much instant messaging between the two last season, Superman will be making an appearance in National City at the start of Supergirl Season 2, bringing together the two members of the Super Family onscreen for the first time since they were seen together on Smallville in 2010. The role isn’t yet cast, but expect news on that when it breaks.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/06/breaking-news-supermans-coming-to-the-cws-supergirl

Maybe this show will be worth watching...

Henry Cavill doesn't play an emo Superman at all! If you don't know what I am talking about, take a look at this poster from Bvs....

1404393088_superman.jpg

Hmmm... On second thought, you're right. EmoMan is real.

I'll be honest Legends of Tomorrow's ending is not what I expected it to be. It was however better than originally thought and I'm interested in what direction season 2 goes in.

I am now on to starting super girl and episode one wasn't half bad.

Also I should be getting The Flash Rebirth stand alone story tomorrow and hopefully should also have the DC Universe Rebirth 2nd printing. So I'm looking forward to reading at least The Flash tomorrow as The Arrow stand alone was good.

I am now on to starting super girl and episode one wasn't half bad.

there's definitely some over the top feminist propaganda in the early episodes, but if you can slog through that it's a show worth watching, especially since they're going to do more tie-ins now that Season 2 is going to be on the CW, though I'm not sure how that'll work since

they've already established that Supergirl exists on a different Earth in the multiverse

That doesn't matter. Flash just really fucked up Earth 1 by saving his mom. Power girl (which I heard was her Earth 1 counterpart) turns to Supergirl.

I am going to be honest, I was really worried that the Rebirth restart DC are doing was going to be a bad point to start comic wise. However both Green Arrow and The Flash stand alone were awesome and set the tone well. Both try to tie into the TV counter parts but The Flash does this really well. It is strange seeing Iris white seeing as she is black in the TV show and I was kinda hoping they stuck with that change but The Flash I feel will be awesome.

Annoyingly though I have still not managed to get a copy of the DC Universe Rebirth comic yet so I am hoping my local store will get one soon as it is on my reserve list. Also despite Batman rebirth not getting amazing reviews I am still toying with the idea of getting that series as well.

I'm gonna try to get to X-Men tonight or tomorrow, is it worth paying for 3D?

​It's not an alternate timeline, the timeline of the X-Men universe is just all over the place because of poor writing and planning. Days of Future Past was a solid way to undo some of the mistakes they've made, but things are still weird and off. Like, based on his appearance in The Last Stand there is no way Angel should be a grown man in Apocalypse.

​Ultimately, the decision to make Mystique so heroic came down to the dumbass executives at FOX thinking Jennifer Lawrence is the star of the film. That's why we also got so much of her outside of the blue skin looking normal. Hopefully now with Apocalypse not doing all that hot and Mockingjay Part 2 being a disappointment at the box office, executives realize that Lawrence is just another pretty face and not a box office draw.

JK Simmons beasting up to play Gordon:

13393943_1109857975741014_91126834703969

Commissioner Gordon is supposed to be jacked?

Well that's...interesting.

He's most likely going to be wearing a suit and overcoat most of the movie isn't he? Chances we actually see the guns JK Simmons is toting set at about 2%.

I'm gonna try to get to X-Men tonight or tomorrow, is it worth paying for 3D?

Yes it is. It was one of, if not the best looking 3D movie I've ever seen.

Yes it is. It was one of, if not the best looking 3D movie I've ever seen.

you sir were absolutely right, the 3D was amazing, movie overall was good, visuals were spectacular

to MHG: I had no issue seeing Apocalypse as imposing, sometimes a smaller stature can amplify the perception of power and that's what I got, I agree about Fassbender and Quicksilver, the Quicksilver scenes was once again one of the best in the movie

regarding Mystique, I don't have much of an issue with the way she's being portrayed, until the final scene she really didn't seem to be embracing the 'hero' role and even then it's totally believable that she's just back to conforming to expectations, I wouldn't be surprised if the next movie sees her and Magneto turn (why no complaints about turning Magneto into a good guy?)

Magneto's morality has always been ambiguous. Mystique not as much.

Gotham will be recasting Poison Ivy for Season 3 and they are looking for a teenager -- effectively accelerating her path on the show.

Gotham will be recasting Poison Ivy for Season 3 and they are looking for a teenager -- effectively accelerating her path on the show.

How is Gotham? I watched the first 5 episodes of season 1 then lost track of it.

I finally managed to get my copy of the DC Universe Rebirth comic. I gotta say it does really well setting the scene for the rebirth direction. I also got Green Arrow #1 and it too does an awesome job at progressing the story. I feel I picked a great time to start reading comics.

I love it and I think it only gets better... :D