Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Movie was DOPE! They outdid themselves with this, and Agents of SHIELD is starting to finally make a little sense. Love the after credit scene as well.

Started watching Arrow. It's a really well written. I find myself questioning whether this is really a CW show lol. I think if this show was on NBC or something it'd be a lot bigger. I feel like if I'm calling the shots at DC I put a little extra into trying to get more live action shows. Marvel is kicking their ass in the box office outside of the Nolan Batman movies, but they could find their own niche and maybe it'd help them make better movies.

• Upvote 1

Thoughts on CA:TWS and how it effects the MCU going forward. Obvious spoilers.

So SHIELD in it's current state is pretty much gone and turned out to practically be HYDRA all along. Interesting plot twist, but I'm sure SHIELD will return in a new form with Fury and Hill still out there strong, plus Coulson's team from the TV show. HYDRA is obviously still going to be a force, Baron von Strucker was featured in the post credits scene and has Loki's staff from Avengers in his possession (as well as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch). Plus Captain America 3 has been confirmed as a Phase 3 movie and I'm sure HYDRA will again be featured. Strucker will be in Age of Ultron next year but how big of a role? The actor has a multi film deal with Marvel and will probably end up in Cap 3. This also confirms that the Avengers will form on their own without SHIELD backing in the next movie. I'm excited.

Also, Doctor Strange may have all but been confirmed in this movie. When talking about possible future threats to HYDRA, Sitwell mentioned Stephen Strange. Bring him on!

The reference to Iowa had me intrigued. There was an Agents of Shield Iowa reference.. now one in Cap 2. *gasp*.

Anyone know what that was in reference to? I know Hawkeye is from Iowa, but not from Iowa City. I also love how whenever anything Iowa gets mentioned in a movie, the entire theater busts out laughing. Us Iowans are easily impressed / entertained.

I don't remember a reference to Iowa, but I do remember...

On Fury's tombstone at the end of the movie, Samuel L. Jackson's famous quote from Pulp Fiction was on his grave. Thought that was cool.

It was in the same line as the Dr. Strange easter egg. Going on about threats to Hydra and one of them was... "a valedictorian from Iowa City".

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Hawkeye as a target, but didn't catch that. People have also claimed that in the targeting list they saw the names of Michael Korvac and Scott Lang, but there is no proof of it.

lol, I had someone tell me about that after seeing Avengers. But the suit is kind of hard to design in real life.

Good News:

Gambit is going to be a part of future X-Men movies.

Bad News:

Channing Tatum is in talks to take up the part.

• Upvote 1

Another bombshell on Arrow this week. Looking forward to the final Oliver/Deathstroke showdown and I hope they don't drag it on into season 3.

Good News:

Gambit is going to be a part of future X-Men movies.

Bad News:

Channing Tatum is in talks to take up the part.

Yeah, Gambit is suppose to get his own spinoff movie. Same with Mystique. :yep:

Another bombshell on Arrow this week. Looking forward to the final Oliver/Deathstroke showdown and I hope they don't drag it on into season 3.

Knew something like this was coming but even though I expected it still they pulled it off beautifully and still hit me at home pretty good when it went down. This episode was awesome from start to finish I am glad how they did it as well so messed up. Good job Arrow writers :allhail: looking forward to the end of this season.

Edited by panthergf

My only complaint about Arrow is that some of their female characters are incredibly annoying like Thea and Laurel, so it sucks they killed off arguably their best female on the show but they are doing awesome things.

• Upvote 2

My only complaint about Arrow is that some of their female characters are incredibly annoying like Thea and Laurel, so it sucks they killed off arguably their best female on the show but they are doing awesome things.

Well I know most shows or movies veer away from the original stories in the comics or slightly change them like they have kinda with Rochev even though her back story is pretty much straight out of them and what she has done thus far the mirakuru wasn't though. It was kind of the case here, she wasn't alive in the comics, so I am not too surprised they choose her.

I agree she was the strongest female character on the show outside of blondie (trying to avoid posting spoilers) but I don't think its the last we see of her but they are staying pretty close to the comics just slightly changing the stories to fit this universe. I do wish she could have stayed and Thea go though. I think they still got stuff to develop regarding Laurel I am just glad the drug/alcoholic story is over and I hope they never go back to that.

I am sure shes not gone for good though when it comes to being part of the show she will be in a lot of flash back scenes probably going forward and into season 3 and beyond. Then they always got the Pit if they really wanted to go off the wall and bring her back.

I kinda hope not some characters I understand bringing back but you ruin the meaning of some deaths of others when you bring them back I thought this one was beautifully done to where you felt the impact and then the flash back scene following it. Should leave a long lasting affect on Arrow's character going forward while just making the villain even more evil by one upping the hero and tearing Arrows world apart should lead to a good ending.

Edited by panthergf

I don't want her brought back, but it is lame she goes before some characters on the show. It is a huge emotional moment for Oliver and it works. This show is still leagues ahead of Agents of SHIELD, even the big Winter Soldier bombshell that came into the show hasn't gotten me that much more interested. The very first episode after the movie had some promise to it but they've continued their annoying pattern of just drawing out all these plotlines and creeping along with their story. Only two episodes left and so many questions to be answered, they're probably hoping some cliff hangers will increase their chances of being renewed for a 2nd season since the ratings have steadily dropped since the pilot.

I don't want her brought back, but it is lame she goes before some characters on the show. It is a huge emotional moment for Oliver and it works. This show is still leagues ahead of Agents of SHIELD, even the big Winter Soldier bombshell that came into the show hasn't gotten me that much more interested. The very first episode after the movie had some promise to it but they've continued their annoying pattern of just drawing out all these plotlines and creeping along with their story. Only two episodes left and so many questions to be answered, they're probably hoping some cliff hangers will increase their chances of being renewed for a 2nd season since the ratings have steadily dropped since the pilot.

I think the problem and turn off for me at least for Agents of SHIELD is the fact that I know the show is going by the title and follows the agents but for most of the season no super heros or villains early on. Its a Marvel show there has to be characters from the comics they have so many lower tier characters they will never use in the movie part of the MCU they could have started the show with. Even if the show follows SHIELD its still a MARVEL show they need to use heros and villains or no one is going to care to watch it.

Then when they tried to bring us connections to the MCU they have them cleaning up after the Thor TDW. I think they get a second season due to them trying to make up for that with there current arc in the last half and bringing in Sif and Deathlok and the connection to Captain America WS. Hopefully they have learned from there mistakes in season one and realize that if they don't bring in some lower tier heros and villains and make there MCU crossovers more then them just there after a incident then this show will continue to just die.

In any case your right Arrow has been leagues ahead of AOS, the only thing DC is actually besting MARVEL at right now. Arrow has done everything right. They have given me the Deathstroke I wanted to this point hopefully they finish that part well. The actors are great, the way they stick close to the comics and peoples backgrounds from the comics, and the way they handle the stories. I mean if you can make me actually enjoy the Clock King as a villain and make his character interesting then you have my applause.

I just hope if Arrow starts bringing in people from other characters universes like Batman etc, they bring in side characters only that you probably won't see in the movie universe. I would love to see Nightwing make a appearance at some point. They don't have to directly tie into the movie universe but it would make sense if Batman in the new Superman movie is going to be older then Robin would have moved on to Nightwing. Another they have to do imo is Harley Quinn, that 3 second easter egg they did in the Suicide Squad episode almost broke social media when it happened.

They could use her current story in the comics where her and Mr. J are broke up and shes off on her own. She could become a regular villain on Arrow or even a reason to introduce Nightwing. I know the league and Ras are the next obvious step and HIVE but the potential of bringing in Harley Quinn and the kinda viewership it could bring may be to great to pass up. Take that the writers already said they want to continue with the Birds Of Prey in season 3 which Harley is a big part of or even if they continue Suicide Squad hopefully DC approves them to do it. Also just to put this out there when this show does end I hope they do like they are going to do with the GOTHAM series on FOX says it will with a older Batman going off to be Batman and end with a older Arrow with his classic look going off to JL or something.

Milla is totally right about how bad the female characters on here are. Moira and Sarah are really the only two worth the paper the scripts are worth on, IMO. Not only are Thea and Laurel really horrible characters, but Moira (as a character) still had so much more potential.

The stuff she knows (knew), the fact she just admitted she knew that Oliver was the Arrow. I mean, she was the clear choice to keep alive as far as the show goes, IMO. If they end up killing Sarah, which is the direction they are headed in in looks like... It's going to really really suck.

Also, while I agree that scene was extremely powerful and one that I actually "felt" as it happened and then with the flashback afterwards.... I think it lessens Wilson's character a little because the whole point of that was to make Oliver choose between them. Make an impossible choice and then live with the consequences.

The way it happened, he will obviously still reel from the events... But he won't feel that same level of guilt and instead more focus it into hatred for Wilson... That's how I see it anyway.

So... While it was well done, it was super lame. Like x11.

• Upvote 1

Thea is just the worst, I'm so tired of her pouting and hating everyone.

• Upvote 1

Thea is just the worst, I'm so tired of her pouting and hating everyone.

I agree I enjoy the Speedy quips from Oliver to her which is out of the comics but thats it, so far shes amounted to no more then the pouting sister, who has done nothing but get mad about something with her and Roy or her mom or Oliver. We won't see her dead any time soon though too much story to come with her and the black archer/daddy plus suck to kill off the entire Queen family but as much as I didn't want Moria to die yet it served the story, hit us at home, she redeemed herself, and its true to the comics because she isn't alive there but I did expect it later though.

I am curious what will happen with Roy by the end of the season so many signs towards Red Arrow/Arsenal. I just hope they don't just up and cure mirakuru in Deathstroke or maybe they create a temporary cure they thinks works or something that just takes away some of the effects. It make it too easy to defeat Grundy when they bring him back into the picture since he has it flowing through him maybe I am wrong and they have another way of explaining that.

Also curious who the other person Slade has to kill, Laurel? Sarah? or maybe just referring to killing the city that Arrow is working so hard to protect since he built a army of mirakuru soldiers? Last 3 episodes are going to be nuts.

Edited by panthergf

In all seriousness...I honestly do apologize for not putting this in spoiler tags from the start...

Edited by BucD

lol

No problem, cunt.

Not like comic book deaths mean anything anyway. Even the "No, seriously, for reals this time" ones.

It won't be a year until Wolverine is back somehow.

Hell, Peter Parker is already back as Spider-Man and Doc Ock is now supposedly dead with his conscience whipped from Peter's body but we all know he'll be back as a villain somehow even though it makes no sense with the Superior Spider-Man arc.

• Upvote 1