Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

stop posting spoilers "guy who was trying to avoid spoilers" ... :coffee:

It's clearly labeled so those who don't wish to be spoiled can avoid :coffee:

I hate to double post, but I wanted to bump this thread by posing a question to you guys...

After just now re-watching all three TDK movies (free time is abundant today) my baby mama (I don't actually have a baby) and I got into a conversation about what city most resembles Gotham City and I wanted to know what you guys thought?

I know like most comic book cities, Gotham City is based off New York, but I was arguing that it resembles Detroit and Chicago the most. Chicago is nicknamed for it's corrupt government, and Detroit has the higher crime rate (I think), so what do you guys think?

I have always seen it as New York, however, there is this from Wiki....

Batman artist Neal Adams sees the 1940s mobster history of Chicago as the basis for Gotham,[2] while writer/artist Frank Miller has stated that Metropolis is New York in the daytime and Gotham City is New York at night.[3]

Detroit really fits better I think. Grittier, nastier place. They need a hero that they deserve.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Detroit doesn't deserve to be saved though.

Gambit's director has dropped out. Can we FINALLY put this movie to rest please?

• Upvote 1

Well Nolan shot his series mostly in Chicago, but Synder has shot the new Gotham stuff in Detroit. So those two are pretty much your answers, although both Metroplis and Gotham are supposed to come off in the comics as New York style cities.

Well Nolan shot his series mostly in Chicago, but Synder has shot the new Gotham stuff in Detroit. So those two are pretty much your answers, although both Metroplis and Gotham are supposed to come off in the comics as New York style cities.

I always thought of Metropolis as Washington DC and Gotham as Chicago for some reason but I only ever read a couple Batman comics and have never been to Chicago lol.

I actually think Pittsburgh is a really good Gotham (prolly why they shot TDKR there). It's just shitty enough, and it has all the water and bridges and what not.

11011263_1470458573263890_60560001248276

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

Gotham is so awesome. This season is going to be INSANE.

Gotham is so awesome. This season is going to be INSANE.

Yea, they completely knocked it out of the park. They got rid of the Nolan tone they were trying to push so hard last year imo, and this episode had everything. The crazies are legitimately CRAZY

• Upvote 1

Lolbatmanprequel.

Blade 3 was so bad tho

Ive luckily never seen Blade 3. But the way Marvel has been churning out hits, I can see them either giving him a shot in theatres if Deadpool does good OR being part of phase 2 of the Netflix series.