Turry

**Update** Dolphins sign Chad Ochocinco after release from Patriots

He'll pull off the other teams best corner. He didn't do jack in NE, but you still have to respect him or he will burn your corners.

SI.com's Peter King reports that Chad Ochocinco's one-year deal with the Dolphins is worth $925,000 in base value.

It's the veteran's minimum for a player of Ocho's experience. Per King, Ochocinco can double his earnings via "steep" incentives based on catching at least 80 balls. It sounds like no portion of the contract is guaranteed. King does say he's "told" that Ochocinco is "supremely motivated" to not only prove he's still a difference-making NFL wideout, but that he can learn an offense.

Source: SI.com

He's done in the NFL, not just New England.

This.

This move was definitely low risk. Ochocinco's career might be over but at least it won't hurt the Dolphins if he does flop again.

I think he surprises people. I just saw on ESPN that he just didnt understand the Patriot way. IT goes to show that you can be good or good before and not fit with just any team. Remember we talked about how schemes and certain teams dont fit with certain players? Chad isnt as fast anymore but he still has enough to produce if he wants too. Didnt we all say the samething after Moss did shit in Oakland? Then he came out and balled and broke Rices record. Chad stays in shape so its not like he just lost it all. He can go for 800 yards and like 6-8 tds this year imo.

Chad's a good guy. I hope he does well with Miami. I think he still has something left in the tank, just wasn't a good fit in NE.

• Upvote 1

Chad Ochocinco "showed good flashes" while working with the second-team offense in Dolphins practice Tuesday.

"He's been good. So far he's fitting in well," said coach Joe Philbin, who estimated that Ochocinco has missed "78 percent" of offensive installation. "We're spoon feeding him." One beat writer nominated Ochocinco as the team's "top performer" in Tuesday's session.

Source: ESPN.com

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
  • Upvote 1