Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

NOT. THE. STANDARD.

lol, you people are funny.

NOT. THE. STANDARD.

lol, you people are funny.

Only thing thats funny is that the rule has been posted and your opinion of it is against it. The clear defintion of it is NOT what your saying therefore u are wrong. Not to mention KD foot was going in upwards motion even before Battier torso is still. He got there late and didnt set his feet. Either way it was going to be a blocking foul bcuz he was a OFF BALL DEFENDER. He didnt beat Durant to the spot before he had upward motion, ( his foot is going up ) counts as a drive to the basket. Read the rules smh. You not gunna tell ME someone who knows basketball more then u, and clearly posted the rule of it. Im done if u wanna keep arguing go head, gotta learn ur basketball.

• Downvote 1

Dude, he slides his entire left leg over.

You can't move your legs and feet around like that. So you're saying as his torso remains in roughly the same spot, he can do a fucking tap-dance and its still a charge?

I don't think the refs gave the Heat the game. The Thunder have only themselves to blame starting the game 16-2 and having to fight back the entirety of the rest of the 48 minutes. I think the refs made a few bad calls both ways on Thursday and because the last bad call went against the Thunder, people are saying that. Nor do I agree with Bware that Boston got fucked, especially in game 7. The Celtics ran out of gas, as their own coach said, the refs were not responsible for the Heat's victory there.

But this is clearly not one of those bad calls- this was correctly called on the field. It's very close and could have gone either way, but technically, by the definition of the rule, it's a blocking foul.

Edited by Thanatos19

How do you tap dance without moving your torso?

Only thing thats funny is that the rule has been posted and your opinion of it is against it. The clear defintion of it is NOT what your saying therefore u are wrong. Not to mention KD foot was going in upwards motion even before Battier torso is still. He got there late and didnt set his feet. Either way it was going to be a blocking foul bcuz he was a OFF BALL DEFENDER. He didnt beat Durant to the spot before he had upward motion, ( his foot is going up ) counts as a drive to the basket. Read the rules smh. You not gunna tell ME someone who knows basketball more then u, and clearly posted the rule of it. Im done if u wanna keep arguing go head, gotta learn ur basketball.

DId you not read what I posted....? lol

IN an interview with the officials themselves... They said the standard is NOT the movement of the feet. They said they MAKE FUN OF FANS WHO point out the movement of the feet as if it's the determining factor in a charge or not.

Here it is again for ya, dawg.

A lot of calls that look like charges are correctly called blocks. When you rewind these plays on your Tivo, don’t do what referees make fun of fans for doing: Trying to decide if the players feet were set before the contact. That’s not the standard. What you want to know is: Is the defensive player’s torso set in position before the offensive player begins his upward motion? The defense can not slide into position after the offensive player has reached this stage.

Again.. that's an interview with the officials themselves. The guys who make (or don't) these calls.

THE STANDARD.. Is the movement... OF THE TORSO.

Edited by Favre4Ever

DId you not read what I posted....? lol

IN an interview with the officials themselves... They said the standard is NOT the movement of the feet. They said they MAKE FUN OF FANS WHO point out the movement of the feet as if it's the determining factor in a charge or not.

Here it is again for ya, dawg.

Again.. that's an interview with the officials themselves. The guys who make (or don't) these calls.

THE STANDARD.. Is the movement... OF THE TORSO.

Well then the NBA has decided to reinvent the rules, because all the way down from college to the very beginning level, it's about feet being set. The NBA needs to stop adjusting rules to their liking. They do it because the offensive foul is a riveting moment so they can call more of them. Offensive fouls are actually quite rare at the high school level, you know. Maybe 1-3 a game, at most.

Either way it was going to be a blocking foul bcuz he was a OFF BALL DEFENDER. He didnt beat Durant to the spot before he had upward motion, ( his foot is going up ) counts as a drive to the basket.

From the same article I assume you're quoting from:

The defender can’t move into shooter’s path once he’s started his shooting motion. This is what bails out a guy like Dwyane Wade—he’s got enough hops to start his shot early on a drive. Look up some clips on YouTube and you’ll see D-Wade jumping from the edges of the key or the bottom of the free throw circle, before any defender can get set in front of him.

The defender has to give the shooter room to land.

Here it is again just for ease of access:

Look at 0:23-0:27. Durant begins his shooting motion- his arms coming up with the ball- at ~0:24.

At this point, Battier's left knee is bent, (just so you know where I'm at- not saying this means its a foul), both arms are down, and his right foot appears to be 90 degrees to Kevin Durant.

At 0:25, when Durant is in the air, both feet off the ground, Battier has both hands in front of him protecting his groin, I assume, and his torso is leaning to the left, because he originally thought KD was going to go around that way I guess. He then steps up, his feet finally remaining still right before contact. His torso is moving the entirety of the time during those four seconds, right up until a split-second before actual contact is made.

It's very very close, but it sure looks to me like he slides into position with his left foot, leg, and torso, all moving to the right after Durant is in the air, and he only stops this motion a hairsbreadth before Durant contacts him.

Jeez this play is getting over-analyzed something fierce.

I'm also curious how on earth one is in position and still able to move your feet around. How can you be "in position" and still moving your feet?

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Thunder looking good in the first half. If they play in the second half like they did in game 1 and game 2, they will be up two games to one.

The Heat favoritism in this series is getting out of hand.

Both Durant and Westbrook out of the game with foul trouble in the third! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Durant's fourth foul (called by Joey Crawford; Imagine that) was nothing that even resembled a foul, and neither was his third foul. Not to mention these three shot fouls, Ibaka's was legit but Fisher's is an every game "let 'em play" type of play that they never ever ever ever ever whistle. Why is it all of a sudden called now? Hitting the hand long after the shot shouldn't even be a foul, anyway, because it doesn't alter the shot in any way, shape, or form.

Again, Miami gets to the free throw line at will with minor-ass contact whereas only James Harden can seem to get foul calls. I'm still counting free throws that LeBron doesn't deserve.

This is not OK. It's not fair to the Thunder and it's absolutely nothing short of absolute favoristm.

Stop acting like the refs aren't fucking the Thunder over right now. It's no coincidence that the Thunder take off to a lead and all of a sudden they call a phantom foul on Durant

And to top it off the Heat fans are booing every call against Miami. Good friggin' Lord.

Well, would you look at that, Fisher gets hit on the arm on a three but no whistle. Yeah, isn't that just a coincidence, eh?

LOL at the audacity of these fans to chant "refs, you suck." Wow. Just wow.

My God, Joey Crawford, you call that a charge every other time...

Oh my God this is just unfair. No team should have to play 5 on 8 in the Finals. Come the fuck on. This is supposed to be fair and unbiased from the officials' standpoint, but it just isn't.

Miami isn't earning these games. They're having them handed to them. I don't care if they win the Finals if they earn it, but they didn't earn the Boston series win and they aren't earning their games here, either.

The only reason Miami is even in this game is because the refs put Durant and Westbrook on the bench in the third with phantom fouls.

Oh my God this is just unfair. No team should have to play 5 on 8 in the Finals. Come the fuck on. This is supposed to be fair and unbiased from the officials' standpoint, but it just isn't.

Miami isn't earning these games. They're having them handed to them. I don't care if they win the Finals if they earn it, but they didn't earn the Boston series win and they aren't earning their games here, either.

The only reason Miami is even in this game is because the refs put Durant and Westbrook on the bench in the third with phantom fouls.

Why was Westbrook on the bench with one foul?

The Thunder didn't lose this one because of the refs. The Thunder lost this one, in part, because they missed 9 free throws and Miami missed 4 free throws. Gotta hit your free throws. They took some really bad shots and had some really bad offensive possessions at critical periods of the game.

D-Wade had three fouls called for him that were absolute bullshit.

The last foul that LBJ got, on Harden, was BS, that wasn't blocking at all lol.

There were some bad calls. But the Thunder are still in that game if they hit their free throws.

The Thunder didn't lose this one because of the refs. The Thunder lost this one, in part, because they missed 9 free throws and Miami missed 4 free throws. Gotta hit your free throws. They took some really bad shots and had some really bad offensive possessions at critical periods of the game.

There were some bad calls. But the Thunder are still in that game if they hit their free throws.

You are underestimating the absurdity of Kevin Durant ever being in anything that resembles foul trouble. How in the hell does he even have four fouls in a single game?

You are underestimating the absurdity of Kevin Durant ever being in anything that resembles foul trouble. How in the hell does he even have four fouls in a single game?

No matter how warranted they are, the fact that such strong complaints about the officiating consistently exist in the NBA Finals year in and year out is why I can't get into basketball.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

4 of KD's 5 fouls were not fouls. When he drew his 4th, the entire Miami starting 5 as a unit had only drawn 4 fouls. The officiating is fucking grossly incompetent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 of KD's 5 fouls were not fouls. When he drew his 4th, the entire Miami starting 5 as a unit had only drawn 4 fouls. The officiating is fucking grossly incompetent.

This. All of the rest of you need to stop acting like those of us supporting the Thunder aren't right. The Heat are not EARNING these games. Not even close.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3