Favre4Ever

[Official] TGP ESPN Fantasy Football League

JD, JoseR said he was down to be in the league for the final spot. He's not used to navigating the forums to well yet so he probably hasn't read our latest responses.

Could I possibly see everyone that's actually in as of now...?

Can you not see the team names or manager list? Most of us have our TGP name in the abbreviation spot. :yep:

JD, JoseR said he was down to be in the league for the final spot. He's not used to navigating the forums to well yet so he probably hasn't read our latest responses.

Okay, cool. I will shoot him a PM!

you're not talking about this Sunday, right? as long as that's true, I don't have a problem with a Sunday night close to the start of the season

I'm in 150% JD for sure

Twelve invites have been sent, 9 accepted. About two weeks until the draft!

Twelve invites have been sent, 9 accepted. About two weeks until the draft!

It's 10 now..

Alright, cool. In.

I'm in gentlemen. I did my team name, "logo" and I downloaded the iPhone app for ESPN Fantasy Football. The draft is on Sunday night which is perfect because I get out of work at 6:30pm so I'll be more than ready for the Draft. I'm excited, it's been about 4 years since I've done my last fantasy football....

LET'S DO THIS!

Haha. Look forward to having you.

And remember, I am open to any rules and roster changes you guys might need or want. Check through everything, and if there is something you want done... Bring it up to the group!

Are there any more spots available or is it full now?

We are now full, sorry. Just one day too late. :(

We are now full, sorry. Just one day too late. :(

nevermind, can you keep me in mind if someone drops out and you need a replacement

Only thing I have to get used to is the "Flex" player. This is the first time I do Fantasy football with ESPN. I'm used to doing it on NFL.com. So it's just a matter of getting used to. Quick question, Why is a passing TD only 4 points? jw

Just the default in ESPN. We've had issues with that before (it being 4 pts).. But if nobody else wants to change it, then it will stay the same.

What say you members of the fantasy group?

Point total for passing touchdown should be?

I vote 6, just like rushing and receiving is 6.

I vote 6, just like rushing and receiving is 6.

the problem with that is it makes QBs too valuable, I know, QB is an incredibly valuable position in the NFL, but hear me out: last year the most tds a RB had was 20 (LeSean McCoy: 17 rush, 3 rec) the most receiving tds anyone had was also 17 (Gronk) 17 QBs had 17 or more tds, 14 had 20 or more, that means most fantasy teams have a backup QB with as many tds as the most of any other position, so the points have to be scaled down IMO, if you scale it to 4 instead of 6 for a passing td then 17 rushing/receiving tds is equivalent to 25.5 passing tds, a number that's still topped by 9 QBs, 20 rushing/receiving tds is equivalent to 30 passing tds, which was topped by 5, so you're still giving QBs an advantage in points from TDs, it's just not enormous like it is if you count them all the same

I'd say stick with 4 points for passing tds

• Upvote 1

Stick with 4. Making it worth 6 makes QBs too valuable.

the problem with that is it makes QBs too valuable, I know, QB is an incredibly valuable position in the NFL, but hear me out: last year the most tds a RB had was 20 (LeSean McCoy: 17 rush, 3 rec) the most receiving tds anyone had was also 17 (Gronk) 17 QBs had 17 or more tds, 14 had 20 or more, that means most fantasy teams have a backup QB with as many tds as the most of any other position, so the points have to be scaled down IMO, if you scale it to 4 instead of 6 for a passing td then 17 rushing/receiving tds is equivalent to 25.5 passing tds, a number that's still topped by 9 QBs, 20 rushing/receiving tds is equivalent to 30 passing tds, which was topped by 5, so you're still giving QBs an advantage in points from TDs, it's just not enormous like it is if you count them all the same

I'd say stick with 4 points for passing tds

After reading your argument, I vote to stay with 4 too. Great explanation BTW.

Wow, that was an incredible explanation. I vote to keep it 4 then lol. I didn't know all that now, but I'm glad I do now.

Stick with 4..I hate when QBs are too valuable..

Edited by housemd

Also, are we getting rid of divisions?

Please tell me we are...

Just one question..Is the draft time changeable?

After reading your argument, I vote to stay with 4 too. Great explanation BTW.

honestly, I was a little surprised at how heavily the numbers leaned toward QBs when I started looking into it, also to your question about divisions I'm pretty sure getting rid of those was one of the first changes we agreed to

Also, are we getting rid of divisions?

Please tell me we are...

Ya, this has already been done. Don't you look at the league. :p

Just one question..Is the draft time changeable?

What or when are you proposing?