Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

Oh. Must've missed it. Well I think Phoenix could be pretty good next year now if New Orleans actually lets Gordon go

Fuck Dwight Howard, I want this guy back...

green1.png

Beast. :yep:

Oh. Must've missed it. Well I think Phoenix could be pretty good next year now if New Orleans actually lets Gordon go

We have made some nice additions.. But it will probably be more of the usual.

Mediocrity.

So now the word around the league is that the Magic and Nets are closer to a Dwight trade with the Cavs supposedly involved as a 3rd team to take on Humphries. They also may get MarShon Brooks, which I think is some bullshit and I'd be pretty pissed if we do this deal and don't even get Brooks.

@johnhollinger:

Still wondering if this is a smokescreen. Deal under discussion is highway robbery for Nets.

Read from a yahoo article that Love is getting restless with the talent in Minny.

The Miami Heat have started a chaos in the NBA. lol.

Damn those Miami heat. Now people that have long ties to a team are asking to leave just because they don't think they have enough talent!

233px-Kobe_Bryant_Washington.jpg

TWolves have a talent roster. They probably make the playoffs if Rubio doesn't get hurt.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports is reporting that the "tentacles" of a 14-player trade involving Dwight Howard are in place and that a deal involving three, or possibly four, teams could be in the works very soon.

While all the particulars are not yet known, the deal could go down as soon as Monday where Brook Lopez, additional players and multiple draft picks may be going to Orlando, Kris Humphries and a potential pick could be on their way to Cleveland and MarShon Brooks possibly entering the fray as a trade chip going to a fourth team to make the deal work financially. The deal would gut the Nets roster of players, but it would get them to their end goal of finally getting Howard in a Brooklyn uniform. Sources have also said that Magic brass are set for a Monday meeting at 9 am ET to see if this is truly the deal they want to make. The nation's Dwightmare may be close to coming to an end in short order. Stay tuned. Jul 9 - 8:49 AM

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Guest Phailadelphia

If the Nets acquire Howard they're going to give the Heat hell in the playoffs...I can't wait for that series.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Unrestricted free agent Rashard Lewis met with Miami Heat officials on Sunday night.

The Heat are said to be going after Lewis with the same vigor as they did with Ray Allen last week. A source described the meeting as having gone "very well" and if he signs with Miami, there would be nowhere near the pressure he had when signing his huge deal with Orlando a few years ago. Still collecting $13.7 million from the last year of his monster amnestied deal, Lewis is the exact kind of player that could sign for the league minimum with Miami. The Heat are on the verge of building a scary good team if Bosh ends up being able to man the middle in South Beach. Jul 9 - 12:35 PM

Source: SI.com

Edited by BLUE

I'm wondering, with the new CBA and stuff, how is it possible that after taking over Joe Johnson's overpriced contract and Darren Williams 5 year contract, how will they be able to afford the trade for Dwight Howard? Can someone explain this to me? I'm very curious to find out...

Man 10 plus players and possibly 4 teams to move Howard. Crazy, but as a Net fan I just want us to get this thing done. Looking better and better by the day, just hope no one swoops in and steals Dwight out from under us. Let's Go DWIGHT!

BROOOOKLLLYNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm wondering, with the new CBA and stuff, how is it possible that after taking over Joe Johnson's overpriced contract and Darren Williams 5 year contract, how will they be able to afford the trade for Dwight Howard? Can someone explain this to me? I'm very curious to find out...

Prokhorov makes $40 million per minute. He'll go into the luxury tax.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Oooo. I would totally DIG being that 4th team. I would take Marshon for a 1st in no time. Especially after we got a pair of firsts from the Lakers.

EDIT: Obviously contingent on the Hornets matching for Gordon. Although I suppose Brooks could probably play SF, couldn't he?

Edited by Favre4Ever

Chad Ford

‏@chadfordinsider

Just going up on ESPN. Clipoers will be 4th team in D Howard deal. They would take back MarShon Brooks in return for a lottery protected 1st

Edited by BLUE

Oooo. I would totally DIG being that 4th team. I would take Marshon for a 1st in no time. Especially after we got a pair of firsts from the Lakers.

EDIT: Obviously contingent on the Hornets matching for Gordon. Although I suppose Brooks could probably play SF, couldn't he?

Eh i'm not sure there. Marshon is only like 6'5. I don't think he'll be able to run the SF spot on the nightly basis.

Fuck this trade. Luke Walton? Shelden Williams?

lul

Per Rotoworld.com:

Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday that the Knicks will ink free agent Marcus Camby to a three-year, $13.2 million deal, which will be executed as a sign-and-trade with the Rockets receiving Toney Douglas, Jerome Jordan, and Josh Harrellson.

In return the Rockets will receive the Knicks' second round picks in 2014 and 2015, and the Knicks will pay Douglas' salary in Houston. It's hard not to like this deal for both Camby and the Knicks, as he'll provide excellent depth in the frontcourt and also keep Amare Stoudemire a bit more fresh. From a fantasy perspective, he won't be worth drafting in standard formats. Jul 9 - 7:48 PM

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Per Rotoworld.com:

Jeff Hornacek is now a candidate for the Magic's open head coaching job.

Hornacek joins Lindsey Hunter, Mike Malone, Brian Shaw, Quin Snyder and Jacque Vaughn, in what will likely be a lengthy rebuilding project following the Dwightmare. Jul 9 - 8:55 PM

Source: Joshua Robbins on Twitter

watching this summer league...

Knight looks very good. Daye as always looks like a scrimmage stud who disappears in real games, and Drummond.... Has A LOT of work to do.

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Hawks have reportedly reached an agreement to sign free agent combo guard Lou Williams.

This looks like a perfect fit for the Hawks, as Lou-Will is an Atlanta native and should slide into the hole at shooting guard left by the departure of Joe Johnson. And if Williams could average 15 points off the bench for the Sixers last season, he could push that number closer to 20 per game as a starter for the Hawks. Jul 10 - 5:07 PM

Source: Brian Windhorst on Twitter

Per Rotoworld.com:

Rashard Lewis has agreed to a two-year contract to join the Heat.

This basically makes official our report from an hour ago that the two sides were nearing a deal. Lewis will get the veteran's minimum and should be a perfect fit for the Heat, joining Ray Allen and Norris Cole as immediate help off the bench once LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Mario Chalmers are ready for a break. The rich get richer. Jul 10 - 5:13 PM

Source: Marc Spears on Twitter

Restricted free-agent center Brook Lopez is progressing toward an agreement for a maximum contract with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Nets president Billy King and Lopez’s agent, Arn Tellem, are finalizing the length of the deal – four years for $58 million, or five years for $78 million – and ironing out protections on the back end to account for a right foot that Lopez broke twice in the past year, sources said.

King is scheduled to travel to Los Angeles on Wednesday to work on completing the deal with Tellem.

Brooklyn needs Lopez as the centerpiece of a sign-and-trade deal to acquire Orlando’s Dwight Howard, but is running out of time waiting for the Magic to make a decision on where they want to trade him, sources said. The Nets need to add four free agents into a deal for Howard, and convincing all of them to be a part of a complicated sign-and-trade deal much beyond Wednesday’s end to the league’s moratorium on transactions becomes increasingly more unrealistic every day.

Once Lopez signs the deal, he can’t be traded until December.

Orlando has refocused its trade talks for Howard with the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets, and the Nets are starting to believe that Magic general manager Rob Hennigan simply wants to do a deal elsewhere, sources said. Clearly, the Nets are pushing hard on Lopez’s deal to apply pressure to Orlando, but there’s nothing left for them to offer Orlando that they haven’t already made available to them.

The Nets are offering the Magic three first-round picks, and a fourth that it believes it can gain upon moving guard MarShon Brooks in a trade, sources said.

The Houston Rockets were aggressively shopping players on Tuesday, including forward Luis Scola, in an attempt to create more salary-cap space and gain another first-round pick to fulfill Orlando’s wants for a Howard deal, sources said.

The Charlotte Bobcats had expressed interest with signing Lopez to a max offer sheet, but it was pointless for the center once the Nets were committed to giving him most of that five-year deal fully guaranteed. Another team could only sign Lopez to a four-year deal. The Nets have always planned to match any offer for Lopez.

After not missing a game in his first three NBA seasons, Lopez played only five last season after breaking his foot twice. Nevertheless, doctors have fully cleared him to return for the start of training camp.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Edited by BLUE

I think in the end Howard wont end up with the Nets. Other teams involved have much more to offer.